You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
APA_204

Last weekend ranked push!?! Thoughts?

19 comments in this topic

Members
2,459 posts
12,213 battles

After hitting 8 twice, I made the mistake of playing ranked only on Saturday nights the past two weekends, granted I also made the mistake of crushing several Sierra Pale Ales during each attempt and promptly went back to 11 each time. That said, how is ranked now? the same as it has been? People quit playing and/or are the que's long? I qued for one game a few days ago in the morning EST and waited 8 mins before exiting...In the scrub bracket! 

Also, a huge congrats to all that have ranked out or hit their goals!

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[D12]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,065 posts
8,847 battles

Don't bother.

Members
58 posts
10,736 battles

It was fun until got to rank 8, too many of other players became jerks in pursuit of their goals after that.

One DD teammate started firing on me because I didn't do what he thought I ought to. 

Even question him about team-killing in ranked battles?    He died shortly thereafter but not at my hands

Lost interest after that.

[RKLES]
Members
7,103 posts
8,758 battles

I was playing at 5 AM Eastern time to weed out the players that were not committed to winning during Holidays, then switched over to mid day when school started again. But  when HSF event started I stopped with Ranked since needed to grind through Izumo as well as earn credits with Missouri, been successful in acquiring Yamato now. So might do one last push to Rank out since I have been stalled out at Rank 5 for most of this Ranked Season.

If all out fails at least I am higher in Ranked as my second season than I got in my 1st season. So at least I have even better start for next season and better understanding of what ships and Captains are needed for Ranked and will have all the Ranked Worthy ships tiers 6-8 ready. :Smile_smile:

[TNG]
[TNG]
Members
72 posts
12,601 battles

Good luck on anyone who's climbing their way up the ranked. I just ranked out yesterday.

I hit rank 5 2 weeks ago and I was constantly stuck in bracket 4-5 limbo with my Benson. 
Just my opinion, I find Benson situational with the current meta being Loyang/ kidd dominating the cap.

So I switched to NC. At least I'm good at shooting dd with my practice on Missouri.

NC carried my all the way through rank 4 to ranked out with 60 % winrate.

My trick is to take 10-15 mins break if I lose 1 game. Never progress more than 1 rank a day. 

• Cool 1

[ICU]
Beta Testers
27 posts
6,900 battles

2 and a half weeks ago I got stuck in a 5.2 to 6.2 yo-yo.  Win a few lose a few and never go anywhere.  Clearly my Aki was not cutting it (insert reasons).  I retrained a (12 point) captain for the Kagaro and easily won 4 matches in a row. 

I am now free of the rank 5-6 yo-yo.... by loosing my way to rank 7...  :cap_wander:  At least it is somewhere else.  Lost 12 of the last 14 matches, about half of them I have kept a star.  48% win rate for the seasons now down from 54% 2 weeks ago.  WOOT!

I did not have the time to finish last season.  Got to rank 5 in 114 games with a 57% win rate.  Season 6 I had a 63% win rate with the Shiratsuyu.  This season has just been brutal.  I normally played a support DD and the smoke changes just destroyed that strategy.  In almost every way tracked stats say I am doing better this season, except win rate of course.  Can't seem to carry hard enough and can't keep my teammates from getting killed like I use to.  Brutal season, yet, not as burned out as I have been in previous seasons.  Kinda weird.

• Cool 1

[ARRGG]
Members
4,674 posts
7,503 battles
4 hours ago, Sweetsie said:

After hitting 8 twice, I made the mistake of playing ranked only on Saturday nights the past two weekends, granted I also made the mistake of crushing several Sierra Pale Ales during each attempt and promptly went back to 11 each time. That said, how is ranked now? the same as it has been? People quit playing and/or are the que's long? I qued for one game a few days ago in the morning EST and waited 8 mins before exiting...In the scrub bracket! 

Also, a huge congrats to all that have ranked out or hit their goals!

I never play past 10 when the flag rewards dry up, I will never play ranked to get to 1 ever again ,in the past it’s been to frustrating, having said that I enjoy rank play but can only handle so much of it, once it looses the fun factor Around 10 I quietly leave with a smile and no longer slam the door on my way out, to the ones who can stomach rank play to get to 1 :Smile_honoring:

[USNGL]
Members
40 posts
4,858 battles

I agree with not stressing my rank after rank 12 to 10, where i habe bounced around. Instead I have been using ranked as a way to boost xp drops on my teir 8s. I have made it about half way through my Bismark grind and completed the grind to a Baltimore.  Will probably work the Benson a bit tonight to try boosting her to a Fletcher.

[SF-13]
Members
18 posts
10,442 battles

Im truly at max frustration.

Got past rank 3 after a week only to have the most frustrating games of my life at rank 2.

I got to rank 2.4 (yes - only needed to win a single game to get to rank 1) 5 times.

2.4, 2.3,2.4, 2.3,2.4, 2.3,2.4, 2.3,2.4, 2.3, 2.2, 2.1

Tonight is the last night... i dont know if i have the strength to try again. I would need a miracle.  

Members
2,459 posts
12,213 battles
1 hour ago, Elgaria said:

Got past rank 3 after a week only to have the most frustrating games of my life at rank 2.

I got to rank 2.4 (yes - only needed to win a single game to get to rank 1) 5 times.

Tonight is the last night... i dont know if i have the strength to try again. I would need a miracle.  

Rooting for you! Hope you make it!!!!!!

Members
434 posts
8,377 battles

Apparently if you don't lead the charge through the A gap on north map in an amagi while the enemy team has 4 dd's an atago, an endinburgh and a tirpitz.  Your useless.   Honestly Ranked does more harm to the game then good. Pass on it.

[BIAS]
Members
3,047 posts
9,016 battles

I finished up on Friday night during peak hours with a 6-1 streak. Most people would say that that is a bad time for the server, but it was fine. I was expecting to have to play some on Saturday but won 12 of my last 13 games played on Thursday and Friday.

Basically I think that most of what people determine is a bad time to play is perception. Just play smart and patient, to the best of your ability and don't get impatient and don't get triggered when a team mate throws a match.

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,120 posts
18,633 battles
19 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

I finished up on Friday night during peak hours with a 6-1 streak. Most people would say that that is a bad time for the server, but it was fine. I was expecting to have to play some on Saturday but won 12 of my last 13 games played on Thursday and Friday.

Basically I think that most of what people determine is a bad time to play is perception. Just play smart and patient, to the best of your ability and don't get impatient and don't get triggered when a team mate throws a match.

I made it last weekend from 12-10 in one rush. Players are so bad now that you can easy win if you have one in your team who knows how to play. DD yolo caps, cruisers and BB sailing broadside etc.

I just take my flags and leave. I don’t have the stomache and the time for playing to rank 1. 

[CAST]
Members
1,160 posts
7,185 battles

It'll be hard to rank out this late in the season.  The ques have a long wait.  If you do manage to rank out at the end, good job.  This ranked season was the worst I think I have seen for selfish play.  I have seen a  few teams that pushed really well, but it was usually a damage farm meta, where it was all about saving the star and hoping for a win, instead of playing for a win and hoping to save a star if it didn't work out.

I stopped earlier this ranked season than ever before.  Last year I had to stop because of work but was on a roll with a near 60% win rate in the ship I was using.  This year I started that way, but when I hit 1 star short of rank 8, I started to slide and then bounced my way back and stayed around 9 - 10.  My win rate is now an abysmal 46% in ranked this season but I managed to stay at 10 despite the losses, because I saved so many stars.  I lost quite a few stars by 1 or 2 XP which was frustrating, especially when you see a friendly ship go for a ram just to save a star at the end of the game after he hid and did nothing all game.  Just too frustrating.  Its about the grind, not the talent of ranked.

[BOTES]
Members
1,895 posts
6,607 battles

If you don't rank out early, you won't rank out. At this point there's only 10-20 people in the queue, so every match is roulette. You either get the shitters who are stuck at a rank after hundreds of games or you get tossed back and forth as these players will inevitably end up on your team and throw games repeatedly.

[ARRGG]
Members
4,674 posts
7,503 battles
6 hours ago, Elgaria said:

May the RNG Gods go in your favor 

[O7]
Members
595 posts
7,843 battles

This season was the worst chit ever.

Edited by Feminist