You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
desmo_2

Premium ships, and how you got them

34 comments in this topic

[O_O]
Members
4,338 posts
9,312 battles

Another thread about premium ship cost got me thinking...how many of my premium ships did I actually pay for?  And then, how many premium ships have I obtained through other means?

I have a total of 47 premiums.  Here is how I got them:

Paid for with cash/doubloons:  13  (Smith, Nikolai, Okhotnik, Murmansk, Okt Revolutsia, Kutuzov, Konig Albert, Scharnhorst, Tirpitz, Campbeltown, Warspite, Belfast, Giulio Cesare)

Paid for via Santa crates:  (Ishizuchi, Mutsu, Arizona, Sims, Gallant, Hood, Blyskawica, Anshan, Huanghe)

ARP/Dragon ships (earned): 10  (all of them)

Earned in-game:  10  (Tachibana, Katori, Kamikaze R, Shinonome, Missouri, Emden, Graf Spee, Duke of York, Nelson, Vampire)

Earned through forum contests or other means:  (Mikasa, Albany, Marblehead, Indianapolis, Aurora)

Research projects have been frequent on the forum recently (# Krakens per ship, most damage/ship, etc.).  So here is another one for you!

(There could be some gray area ships...earned partial Free XP, paid to convert the rest, etc)

Edited by desmo_2

[NOOOB]
Members
1,441 posts
12,097 battles

Hmmm, ones I played cash for ( not including doubloons) - Prinz Eugen, Kamikaze, Leningrad, Degrasse, Duca and I am sorry to say Oct Rev (for the lousy Crates) and last, but not least,  Scharnhorst

Edited by Panzer1113

[BLUMR]
Members
2,048 posts
7,006 battles

too many to remember. Havve all expect roma, marblehead, any Lima's, iwaki, arkansas.

spent nearly 2k in this game

Edited by RiverTheIdiot

[HINON]
Supertester
18,978 posts
12,488 battles

I have ships I've earned during forum contests, in-game events, paid for, got gifted, won in santa crates and was awarded by WG. I have so many premium ships that I don't even remember how I got all of them.

[NDA]
Supertester
4,795 posts
13,622 battles

I have only bought 3 Premium ship; the Molotov, Blyskawica and the Belfast. Money well spent for ships I enjoy. 

I got 4 from Santa Crates; Emden, Atlanta, Tirpitz and Okhotnik. Didn't spend much on those presents so I'm happy with the results. 

I bought two premiums out of the Tech Tree with gold I won in Rank. Of course the Missouri and Musashi I earned through grinding the Free Exp. 

The rest of my Premium Fleet were won through contest run by WG on the forums, Facebook and in game. 

A total of 31 Premium ships, almost all very good ships that I play regularly. I don't count the ARP clones as they are hidden. 

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,134 posts
9,224 battles

So many for so long, no way I will be able to figure them all out. 

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,677 posts
14,045 battles

I have tons of Premium Ships, most of them bought.  The ones I didn't buy:

Tier II Albany - Not long after WoWS launch in 2015, WG gave out a free Albany to everyone that was around at the time.

Tier II Mikasa - Got it from the event where we did some missions to earn her.  2015 or 2016, something like that.

Tier VII Duke of York.

Tier VII Southern Dragon.

All the ARP Myoko, Kongo clones as well as ARP Takao.

Tier IX Missouri. Musashi - I had worked up the FreeXP by that time of their release.  Missouri especially, as that was the time when we as players didn't  have any FreeXP sinks like we do now.

Outside those and Premium Shop bought ships, I got Gremyaschy and Imperator Nikkolai I from 2016 Santa Boxes.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Members
2,459 posts
12,213 battles

Premium ships are one thing, I have spent so much money on flags, camos and santa crates I could have a membership to Bushwood.

See the source image

[SYN]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
4,430 battles

Some the iron price, some the gold price. Bout sums it up.

• Funny 1

Members
834 posts
4,582 battles

The first and only ship I bought with money is the Yubari.

I earned all 9 ARP ships, but I don't have the Dragon ships unfortunately.

Santa Crates (2017) got me the Ishizuchi, USS Texas, USS Arizona, USS Indianapolis, Marblehead, Imperator Nikolai I, SMS Emden, Blyskawica and HMS Warspite.

I earned, either through gift codes or in-game missions: Katori, Kamikaze R, USS Albany, USS Arkansas Beta, Oktyabrskaya Revolutsiya, Admiral Graf Spee, HMS Duke of York and HMAS Vampire.

18 premium ships ain't bad, although I don't have any tier 8 ones. The mission ships I missed out on are the Mikasa, Tachibana and Southern Dragon, and I'm not sure if the Diana or Smith were available for missions? I may have missed them too.

[PVE]
Members
1,594 posts
6,716 battles

Hmmm....never thought about it until you brought it up.

Purchased: 4

Awarded/Earned: 5

Santa: (over the past 2 xmas): 29

Not counting the ARP ships as they are as mentioned...hidden.

Sad thing is, I do not play near as many of my Premiums as I maybe should, part of the problem is, many of them SUCK! the other part of the problem is time restraints, I am a casual player and only have a certain amount of time per day to sit in front of the computer doing non constructive stuff such as playing as video game. Wish I had more time, but it is what it is. Life.

Would gladly gift many of them to other players if WG allowed it.

[PS1HQ]
Members
621 posts

I got a big boy wallet and I buy most of my own boats.  one of my new clannies gifted me an atlanta though, which was cool.  thanks to the great work of LWM I avoided the clunkers.  

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
1,718 posts
9,498 battles

i dont see Musashi in your list, what happen? 750 000 FreeXP only

1 hour ago, desmo_2 said:

total of 47 premiums

But dont neglect those perm camo given out for FREE by WoWs .... like the recent DoY mission with t6 ..... and the perm camo on the NO,KIEV,MONARCH and such ... they considered semi premium with the perm camo ..

WoW was very generous on those freebies

Edited by ObiwankzKenobi

Members
2,421 posts
2,244 battles

*When I first started it was during the time the ARP event was going. Since I only managed to grind up to the Aoba at that point it became my key vessel for winning all those ships. Were it not for the second wind missions, I wouldn't have all of them, haha. 

*Shortly after the ships were being sold in bundles along with the infamous Armada bundle, (Which I think contained the rare Albany and unreleased Katori at the time.) I ended up buying the Royal Navy bundle with netted me Warspite, Belfast, Perth and the Campbeltown (which became my sort of mascot ship for a good while). 

Spoiler

5ZIBahA.pngUijYfCP.png

*I gained the Aurora in a reward code.

*Shortly after the Dunkerque went on sale and I bought her too. 

*I earned the Kamikaze R when I was among the many winners in WG's create a remix event.  

*Katori, Graf Spee and Vampire (+ the perm camos for Farragut, Leander and Dunkerque) I earned during their campaign/mission events. Since I didn't own the Aoba anymore, I didn't use it to earn these ships, haha. 

Edited by Yoshiblue

[WOLF9]
Members
3,168 posts
59 minutes ago, RiverTheIdiot said:

too many to remember. Havve all expect roma, marblehead, any Lima's, iwaki, arkansas.

spent nearly 2k in this game

Pretty much this^  - except I HAVE Marblehead, and don't have Roma.   I'm likewise missing the Limas, Iwaki; Arkansas and all the premium CV's.  No HSF's either.

A couple of others I'm missing, too (Fujin- why own 3 premium copies of the same ship? Kami and Kami R are enough)  And the ARP Atago copy.  (missions ended before I got it, and already have Atago anyhow)  Also, Musashi and the RB free XP BB are both absent from my port.  Whoops- almost forgot: I never got Mikasa, either.

I'm waiting for next year's Santa boxes to get this year's premiums.  So far, none have appealed to me.

Otherwise, I've gotten all the rest via all available methods.

[O_O]
Members
4,338 posts
9,312 battles
7 minutes ago, LordGomes said:

...and I'm not sure if the Diana or Smith were available for missions? I may have missed them too.

They were not.  I have gotten every mission reward ship since Open Beta...although I did pay for Okt. Revolutsia for the Crimson crates.

2 minutes ago, Judge_Doom said:

Sad thing is, I do not play near as many of my Premiums as I maybe should, part of the problem is, many of them SUCK!

Some of them do suck.  But, some of those sucky ones I actually enjoy because they suck.  I enjoy the challenge.  I have given Huanghe a fair bit of play time, and as LWM as my witness, I was able to score 4 kills, a Close Quarters Expert, and 2nd on my team in a recent game.

I played Krasny Krym several times as a Corgi_Captain since I don't have her.  While I probably wouldn't spend the sticker price for her, I did enjoy my games.

I recently got Indianapolis from a forum contest.  My goal is to score #1 on my team while bottom tier with her.  Yeah, that may take some doing!  :Smile_teethhappy:

[SSBN]
[SSBN]
Members
298 posts
4,976 battles

Bought: Sims, HSF Graff Spee and Indianapolis

Container: Duca

Bought with Dubloons from Containers: Icky Ichizuchi(Supercontainer), Gulio and Texas(Xmas containers)

Free: Vampire, Duke of York and Ocktober Rev and soon Nelson (25k fxp away)

so ive bought 3, kind of bought 2 and the other 5 were free.

[O_O]
Members
4,338 posts
9,312 battles
39 minutes ago, ObiwankzKenobi said:

But dont neglect those perm camo given out for FREE by WoWs .... like the recent DoY mission with t6 ..... and the perm camo on the NO,KIEV,MONARCH and such ... they considered semi premium with the perm camo ..

I bought Nelson in December, and that sacked my Free XP bank to zero.  However, thanks to the bonus first win events, camo, and signal stacking, I am back up to 323k Free XP.  Musashi will be mine in due time.

I also fully appreciate the permanent camo that I have earned:  Tarnanstrich (Tirpitz); Type 12 (Fuso, Farragut, Budyonny, Bayern, Leander); Snowy (New Mexico, Gaede, Queen Elizabeth, Fushun, La Galissonniere); Congratulatory (New Orleans, Kiev, Z-23, Charles Martel, Monarch); From the Bottom of the Ocean and Last Conquest (Bismarck).  These turned some tech tree ships into pseudo-premiums, and amplified Tirpitz (+100% Free XP).  I agree, these are quite nice to earn.  I have not and will not sell any ship affected by them.  I still have to grind up to a few of them (Charles Martel, Z-23, Monarch).

Members
1,056 posts
3,689 battles
1 hour ago, ObiwankzKenobi said:

Yes this thanks wg for making a freeloader ship premium.

Members
2,081 posts

I have 53 of them...

Over 30 were Santa boxes.  5 or more were free from events. 5 or so were gifted to me. The rest I bought.

[ARGSY]
Members
5,866 posts
4,001 battles

Here's an interesting twist to the question:

For those who bought ships vs. those who fought their way through campaigns to get them (assuming both options were available), how does this change the way you feel about your premium ship (assuming you actually like playing the thing)? I certainly feel prouder of my Vampire for it having been won through in-game achievements.