You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
ksaorsa

Strange Bug

14 comments in this topic

[WOLFC]
Beta Testers
23 posts
5,957 battles

I have experienced a new bug a few times. It literally just happened to me. So what happens is the Ship will move out of frame almost as if the game goes into free look mode, but I will not be able to get the camera back on the ship. My controls still work, but because the ship moves off screen, I become unable to control the ship, aim or do anything. 

What in the world is causing this?

It's completely random and nothing seems to give a forewarning that it is about to occur. 

I've had it happen about 4 or 5 times now. 

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,161 battles
1 minute ago, ksaorsa said:

Files probably got corrupted or damaged during a patch, use the repair tool and hope you don't get Error 482. If you get that error you have a bigger problem.

[PNP]
Members
4,314 posts
13,313 battles

sounds like you activated free cam in game

I believe it's CTRL Backspace,  or shift backspace

Edited by Shadowrigger1

Members
1,779 posts
17,360 battles
1 hour ago, Shadowrigger1 said:

sounds like you activated free cam in game

I believe it's CTRL Backspace,  or shift backspace

I do believe this is just the cause but not a solution...once it happens you need to alt tab out of game & restart & hope you're not dead before you return...In other words...once it happens there's no fixing it other than a restart.

Beta Testers
284 posts
4,280 battles

Hi there... sorry to hear that happened. You might want to submit a ticket to our support team for further assistance. Good luck and hope you are able to get back to playing the game.

[ERN]
[ERN]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,101 posts
4,223 battles

do a clean install of the game, most of the time this will fix 90% of the random game bugs

[PNP]
Members
4,314 posts
13,313 battles
2 hours ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

I do believe this is just the cause but not a solution...once it happens you need to alt tab out of game & restart & hope you're not dead before you return...In other words...once it happens there's no fixing it other than a restart.

if this is in fact the cause, it's the solution too.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,780 posts
14,828 battles
4 hours ago, ksaorsa said:

I have experienced a new bug a few times. It literally just happened to me. So what happens is the Ship will move out of frame almost as if the game goes into free look mode, but I will not be able to get the camera back on the ship. My controls still work, but because the ship moves off screen, I become unable to control the ship, aim or do anything. 

What in the world is causing this?

RNGeezus has hi-jacked your ship and is using it to smuggle (really) cheap vodka to the gunners on Krasny Krym.

It's time to sacrifice a chicken!

[TEARZ]
[TEARZ]
Beta Testers
298 posts
7,367 battles

The ship sails away from the camera view and continues to sail away. You can see the ship in the distance but you can not control it. I had this bug 2 times and I did submit a forum post with a screen shot.

Happened once in beta and one other time. 

[BS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
151 posts
5,763 battles
4 hours ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

No, this is definitely the solution IF this is what the OP has wandered into. RCTRL+SHIFT+BACKSPACE toggles Free Cam on and off.

https://forum.worldofwarships.asia/topic/7509-free-cam-and-other-undocumented-features/

It could be possible that he found a legitimate bug, though. I think I've heard of this happening to someone else, but I could be mistaken

[BBC]
Members
908 posts
12,239 battles

i had this happen maybe 2 times,  in 5k games  could of been the key combo, ill try that next time.

could of been sending a chat hit` back space while trying to target a plane or secondary with fat fingers !

the fact` that i was able to still control and fire makes me think it was free look.  but i had no idea how to return to ship

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,037 posts
12,517 battles

I've had this happen multiple times. It's just a rare bug that seems to occur for lots of reasons.

Members
1,779 posts
17,360 battles
9 hours ago, Shadowrigger1 said:

if this is in fact the cause, it's the solution too.

My bad...have had what OP is describing happen to me before (about a year ago) & I showed my buddy (1 of the original Alpha testers) & him & a bunch of other guys worked on figuring out what caused it & the solution, but I wasn't part of that figuring so never knew the actual cause or the solution.

Wasn't aware free camera was accessible in battle (at least not by CNTR/Shift backspace...only the right mouse button free look) so got confused that maybe that was the cause...but what OP is describing is (unfortunately) not that simple.

[PNP]
Members
4,314 posts
13,313 battles
1 hour ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

My bad...have had what OP is describing happen to me before (about a year ago) & I showed my buddy (1 of the original Alpha testers) & him & a bunch of other guys worked on figuring out what caused it & the solution, but I wasn't part of that figuring so never knew the actual cause or the solution.

Wasn't aware free camera was accessible in battle (at least not by CNTR/Shift backspace...only the right mouse button free look) so got confused that maybe that was the cause...but what OP is describing is (unfortunately) not that simple.

There is a free cam ability but I tried it last night.  Neither of those two options I posted worked.  It might have changed.    @LittleWhiteMouse  might be able to help as she dos all the awesome pics for her reviews.