You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Kombat_W0MBAT

PvP and PvE Stats

34 comments in this topic

[-K-]
Supertester
5,145 posts
8,942 battles

Not sure how reliable WT is in pulling ship data, but I found this interesting.

Over the last week, the following number of games were played.

PvP = 1,449,502 (78.9%)

PvE = 175,415 (9.5%)

Ranked = 212,907 (11.6%)

Not sure how that stacks up historically, but it's an interesting stat nonetheless. I'm curious how these numbers differ at other times, such as when Ranked isn't active. 

If someone has a better source for pulling data like this, please let me know. 

Cheers.

EDIT: Just looked at my own numbers and apparently 5% of my total game count has been played in Co-op. 

EDIT #2: Added Ranked for the fun of it. 

Edited by Kombat_W0MBAT
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[KP]
Members
1,995 posts
18,419 battles
2 minutes ago, Kombat_W0MBAT said:

PvE = 175,415 (10.8%)

PvP = 1,449,502 (89.2%)

Not sure how that stacks up historically, but it's an interesting stat nonetheless. I'm curious how these numbers differ at different times, such as when Ranked isn't active. 

Cheers.

EDIT: Just looked at my own numbers and apparently 5% of my total game count has been played in Co-op. 

Those poor poor bots. 

[SWOB]
Members
2,705 posts
15,525 battles
7 minutes ago, Kombat_W0MBAT said:

EDIT: Just looked at my own numbers and apparently 5% of my total game count has been played in Co-op

1% myself.

Not sure if it matters much in overall games played but it just seems to me the majority of those who hide their stats would be co-op players.

[DAY]
Members
1,154 posts
11,500 battles

coop is fun, complete different meta from random

its just.......i tend to enjoy high tier ships more, and high tier coop economy is pure [edited]....

i even managed to lose credit with 0 prem cons missouri in coop

Members
1,819 posts
16 minutes ago, Kombat_W0MBAT said:

PvP = 1,449,502 (78.9%)

PvE = 175,415 (9.5%)

Ranked = 212,907 (11.6%)

Not sure how that stacks up historically, but it's an interesting stat nonetheless. I'm curious how these numbers differ at other times, such as when Ranked isn't active. 

Cheers.

Coop rates now are REALLY low because most coop players have migrated into operations. Ive played less than half the number of coop games I usually play because I have been playing operations which there is no stats or tracking for. 

How many operations did you play over the last week?

Members
2,437 posts
12,175 battles

Guessing the PVE count is high due to the Yamato camo thingy, I know I played about 10-15 co op games this week just to bang out the collection quickly.

[-K-]
Supertester
5,145 posts
8,942 battles
8 minutes ago, Kconvey_1 said:

Coop rates now are REALLY low because most coop players have migrated into operations. Ive played less than half the number of coop games I usually play because I have been playing operations which there is no stats or tracking for. 

Even people that play Randoms predominately will participate in Operations, myself included. As such, the ops will pull games away from both categories. To what degree is anybody's guess. 

Members
2,437 posts
12,175 battles

Can you get the rewards again for operations? say once for each time it comes back out? I have 5 stars on most if not each and have been ignoring operations for months.

[H-W-C]
Members
1,259 posts
3,306 battles
2 minutes ago, Sweetsie said:

Can you get the rewards again for operations? say once for each time it comes back out? I have 5 stars on most if not each and have been ignoring operations for months.

Nope.

[CUTE]
Members
5,152 posts
3,430 battles
34 minutes ago, Kombat_W0MBAT said:

PvP = 1,449,502 (78.9%)

PvE = 175,415 (9.5%)

Ranked = 212,907 (11.6%)

Cheers.

I doubt the data. Especially when you consider what Wargaiming said about how popular PvE actually was and it compelled them to diversify their Coop offerings.

Anyone remember the number? It was surprisingly high like 30% or something.

[-K-]
Supertester
5,145 posts
8,942 battles
Just now, Canadatron said:

I doubt the data. Especially when you consider what Wargaiming said about how popular PvE actually was and it compelled them to diversify their Coop offerings.

It's possible for both numbers be accurate as they could be referring to different things. 

%PvE players doesn't have to correlate with %PvE games. 30% of the population could account for 10% of games played, especially if it's a repetitive game mode. 

Regardless, I really wish there were an easier and more reliable way of pulling ship stats. To your point, you always have to take these numbers with a grain of salt. 

Members
1,819 posts
4 minutes ago, Canadatron said:

especially since we dont have any idea how much time coop players are spending in operations. I know I dont coop at all for tier 6/7 ships anymore, as the operations are just better.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles

co-op was probably higher at one point, before operations became a thing. I think a lot of co-op players switched over to that because it offers something a little different than the same old same old of co-op

• Cool 1

Members
1,767 posts
8,068 battles
39 minutes ago, Sweetsie said:

Guessing the PVE count is high due to the Yamato camo thingy, I know I played about 10-15 co op games this week just to bang out the collection quickly.

Same here, plus 10 flags per crate! 500 flags total by the time I finish, thank you WG.

One of those games was the most fun I have had in WoWS in a long while.

[-SYN-]
Members
156 posts
134 battles
47 minutes ago, Kconvey_1 said:

Same, I've all but stopped playing pure Co-op. Ops and Randoms these days.

Members
687 posts
3,667 battles

It was my New Years resolution to shift from Co-op to Random for a majority of my play.  Shooting from a 85/15 to a 50/50 split.  However, after the last patch I'm playing Operations exclusively with fewer, about half as many, total matches.  I've noticed that Operations do not get recorded in WoWS totals and don't get added to your numbers and stats on any of the tracking websites.  Once WG does something with the badges that stop making me feel like a lowlife braggart every time time I sink someone I'll go back to my original plan and play more Randoms.

[RUST]
Beta Testers
932 posts
10,345 battles

I'm going to guess that the WT PVE numbers are lower than actual PVE numbers because IMO there's really no incentive to check your stats for PVE play; this leads to relatively less PVE players checking stats. If you don't check your stats 3rd party sites doesn't fetch the data from the API. 

• Cool 1

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,598 posts
14,017 battles

IMO, there also has been an uptick in Co-op recently because of the HSF missions.  The ship missions reward you no matter what, if doing co-op, random, etc.  The core HSF mission that can be done up to x60 requires a win, co-op or random, etc.  People have been spamming the likes of HSF Harekaze, Yamato, Musashi in co-op.  I know I did to complete the collection quickly and I saw tons of others doing the same.  Doing so in PVP is far more time consuming and you definitely cannot guarantee a win.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[PVE]
Members
1,594 posts
6,704 battles
39 minutes ago, NCC81701 said:

I'm going to guess that the WT PVE numbers are lower than actual PVE numbers because IMO there's really no incentive to check your stats for PVE play; this leads to relatively less PVE players checking stats. If you don't check your stats 3rd party sites doesn't fetch the data from the API. 

and this is where I would be skeptical about trusting the numbers, its not just a matter of checking ones stats, its also how they are marked, it would appear also that if a players stats are marked 'Private' they are also not available or unattainable by the third party sites. Then when you figure in Operations that are also not counted, my suspicion is the numbers may be a little higher.  The only ones that may have a closer actual count of who plays what would be WG, which you almost have to figure they would seeing that are working on expanding PVE mode. They would not be putting the time and effort into expanding that mode unless the actual player base for PVE was high enough to justify it.

Members
1,819 posts
3 minutes ago, Seadog_Supreme said:

I'm sure Warships considers what players say, but I'll bet they are more interested in numbers like this.

Yeah but we dont have the full numbers, we dont know what numbers operations pulls which both pve's and pvp's like. We also dont know how much those numbers are skewed by people blocking their stats. I have a bucketload of coop games that never got recorded because my stats have been blocked. 

[PC]
Members
1,866 posts
6 minutes ago, Kconvey_1 said:

Yeah but we dont have the full numbers, we dont know what numbers operations pulls which both pve's and pvp's like. We also dont know how much those numbers are skewed by people blocking their stats. I have a bucketload of coop games that never got recorded because my stats have been blocked. 

Note: I said, "numbers like this". Nowhere did I offer an opinion on these numbers. Haven't you reached your limit of stupid for today?

• Bad 1