Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Incendiary_Tanker

Operation Ultimate Frontier (Part 1)

7 comments in this topic

Members
1,334 posts
1,343 battles

1944 年4月6日

太平洋

"提督?"

Mogami salutes me as she walks into my office, stopping a few paces from my desk. 

"Mhhm?" I don't look up, I'm far more preoccupied with the latest order. The Americans had pushed far into our territory, it was clear we had lost this war, but of course Top Brass won't listen. Still, we managed to decode three of their latest messages, luckily American pilots weren't as resilient to torture like ours. From the briefing I learned that my posting isn't in the direct path of the American advance, but from what we could recover they have, for some reason taken an interest in Nothing--Atoll. Until recently even I didn't know of the existence of a secret research facility on the Atoll, so I'm rather surprised the Americans know of it. And if they know that what else do they know? 

Mogami squirmed around in front of me, trying to get my attention to deliver her report.  

"Alright, Go ahead." My voice sounded far more sarcastic and condescending. I bit my tongue, crap... I didn't mean to sound rude. 

Mogami didn't seem to notice, luckily. 

"Third Cruiser Squadron has returned from Operation Raptor." Third Cruiser Squadron wasn't actually a squadron more like a small flotilla, Myoko and Aoba were the only real "Cruisers" in the fleet. There was a single light cruiser, but she has since died. The rest of the squadron is made up of a handful of Destroyers. 

"No injuries I hope?" 

"We lost 4 Destroyers." 

"Great.... they were the new transfer right?" 

"Yes." 

"Of course...." 

"Nonetheless, as long as the Operation was a success, their deaths won't be in vain." 

Mogami hesitated for a moment, as if she was reluctant to continue." 

".... Mogami? The Operation was a success?" 

"I... yes... we sunk both American heavy cruisers and all the destroyers....." 

".... What? Did they failed to destroy the Carrier?!" 

Mogami bites her lip.
"Well, no.... but Myoko.... thought the carrier would sink ... so she left it to do so..." 

"It didn't sink, did it."

Mogami slowly shakes her head.

I lean fully back into my chair, pinching the bridge of my nose. This simple failure would no doubt come back and bite us in the [edited]. 

"Of course, it's a 6th fleet ship that [edited] it up...." 

"Get me Myoko and Aoba please." 

Mogami nods and hurries out of the office. 

Mogami lets Aoba and Myoko in a few moment's later. The two are visually battered, so I quickly decide to be less harsh on the two. They give me a salute. 

"Myoko.... Aoba...." 

Y-yes!" The two answer in a nervous unison. 

"I'm sure you know why you were called down here. Your decisions during the latest operations have caused a tactical disaster that will no doubt effect the strategic course of this war." 

"You have fought hard, I'll give you that, but you got lazy and arrogant. You had the opportunity to sink a Carrier and you let that chance slip between your fingers." 

"Myoko, as the Flagship, you should have known that value of sinking even a light Carrier. Aoba.... as a veteran you should have informed Myoko about this." 

"Now I'm forced to send out another fleet to deal with this carrier, and no doubt the Americans will try to recover her, since she is vital in carrying out the American's plans." 

"Which means.... I'm risking the lives of my ships again...." 

Myoko and Aoba hang their head in shame as I lecture them about their mistake. Still I try to refrain from bullying them too much on their mistakes, what's done is done. We can only hope to improve on our past mistakes. 

I sigh heavily, before patting my two ships on the shoulder. 

"Don't think I hate you two.... Mistakes do happen.... and there's nothing we can do about that. Now get some rest you two... we have a lot to do to rectify this issue. Bring in Mogami will you?" 

I wait for the girls to leave the office before speaking to Mogami. 

sigh "I wasn't to harsh on the two was I? The last thing I want is to make them hate me...." 

Mogami shakes her head. 

"No you were harsh but fair.... I'm sure that they don't hate you."

"Mhmm... that's good." 

There's a moment of silence before I speak again. 

"Bring me a list of everything and everyone that is available for Operation Raptor 2 and Operation Frontier will you?" 

"Understood." 

"Thanks.... I really don't know what I'll do without you Mogami." 

Mogami giggles as she opens the door. 

"Well you have to get this list yourself!" 

We share a small laugh before Mogami leaves my office. 

Please.... let this war end soon....

Translations 

太平洋 = Pacific Ocean, Funny enough, this also means Pacific in Chinese. 

提督 = Admiral. 

Edited by Incendiary_Tanker
  • Cool 2

[PSP]
Members
6,043 posts
8,585 battles

Nice to see someone else writing WOWS fan fiction, it makes for a more interesting forum. Keep up the good work.

• Cool 1

[PSP]
Members
6,043 posts
8,585 battles
5 minutes ago, Chobittsu said:

Give it a break, the moderators have not only told me that I can post my parodies and stories here in the general area, they also have occasionally moved my threads here themselves. I've told you this before. You don't need to keep repeating the same tired old comments. Just because you want something posted in a specific place in the forums doesn't mean that it must be posted there.

Edited by Snargfargle

[SOUP]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,397 posts
2 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Give it a break, the moderators have not only told me that I can post my parodies and stories here in the general area, they also have occasionally moved my threads here themselves. I've told you this before. You don't need to keep repeating the same tired old comments. Just because you want something posted in a specific place in the forums doesn't mean that it must be posted there.

Oh that isn't the only issue I have with your works, it's that you have a habit of breaking each paragraph into it's own thread. 1, this makes it VERY difficult to read your whole story. And 2, this causes unnecessary clutter. Sure, you make a chapter contents thread for people to select them easily, but even that thread is lost in the soup of your own making.

[PSP]
Members
6,043 posts
8,585 battles
7 minutes ago, Chobittsu said:

Oh that isn't the only issue I have with your works, it's that you have a habit of breaking each paragraph into it's own thread. 1, this makes it VERY difficult to read your whole story. And 2, this causes unnecessary clutter. Sure, you make a chapter contents thread for people to select them easily, but even that thread is lost in the soup of your own making.

I've explained why the chapters are serialized. It's because I post the story as I write it. If I were to post each chapter in the same thread they either would get lost in the replies or, if edited into the original post, people would have to determine where they last stopped reading. It also would make it difficult for people to know when a new chapter was ready. The way I post seem to work well for most. In fact, you seems to be the only one on the forums that doesn't like it. However, this is not a conversation for this thread. It is not mine and I don't even know why you replied to me here.

To bring this thread back on track, again well done @Incendiary_Tanker, I hope to see more of your writing in the future. Perhaps you could even write the Japanese side to my Raptor Rescue story. Of course, your side would have to lose because the first to write a story has the prerogative of making his side the winner. :Smile_teethhappy:

Members
1,334 posts
1,343 battles
Just now, Snargfargle said:

To bring this thread back on track, again well done @Incendiary_Tanker, I hope to see more of your writing in the future. Perhaps you could even write the Japanese side to my Raptor Rescue story. Of course, your side would have to lose because the first to write a story has the prerogative of making his side the winner. :Smile_teethhappy:

Ha ha, yeah that's what I'm basing this off~ That's why I ended this chapter at the point I did. 

Sign in to follow this