You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ramsalot

Musashi deals more damage than Yamato

40 comments in this topic

Members
1,690 posts
7,231 battles

So, I noticed that my Musashi (83 games in randoms) deals out more damage on average than my Yamato (372 games in randoms).  I decided to check NA stats and behold - stats show similar trend.  I figure since they can't nerf premium ship, they should buff Yamato instead, right? :cap_haloween:

8bmYGFe.jpg

[HINON]
Supertester
18,960 posts
12,479 battles

Pretty sure this can still be accounted to low sample size and will normalize over time.

Another possible reason is that Yamato on average fights tougher opponents.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[TEARZ]
[TEARZ]
Beta Testers
308 posts
7,378 battles

Doing some simple reasoning we can conclude that the lessons learned from Yamato  game play means people who own the Musashi know how to play it better. That and the sample size is what maybe 1/4 of the games played. 

[RKLES]
Members
7,107 posts
8,758 battles
1 minute ago, Lert said:

Pretty sure this can still be accounted to low sample size and will normalize over time.

Very true, Yamato can only face tiers 8-10 while Musashi gets access to tier 7 ships.

[DAY]
Members
1,154 posts
11,500 battles

juXvNBP.png

ikr, just like how the two letters "ST" magically adds 26k average damage

• Cool 1

Members
2,459 posts
12,213 battles

Agreed, small sample sized filled only with extremely devoted and experienced players. (on average) These players probably already have the Mighty Mo as well as the Yamato and have stuck their 19pt IJN captain in her right off the bat.

Members
1,690 posts
7,231 battles

Before Musashi went live, some people theorized that it will do less damage because of less sigma...  Well there goes that theory...

[HINON]
Supertester
18,960 posts
12,479 battles
Just now, jason199506 said:

juXvNBP.png

ikr, just like how the two letters "ST" magically adds 26k average damage

That's down to the caliber of players. Alabama ST has only been handed out to 21 people on this server, all STs who have dedicated a lot of time and effort to the ST program. These tend to be better-than-average players.

[HINON]
Supertester
18,960 posts
12,479 battles
Just now, Ramsalot said:

Before Musashi went live, some people theorized that it will do less damage because of less sigma...

People overestimate what sigma does.

[DAY]
Members
1,154 posts
11,500 battles
1 minute ago, Lert said:

That's down to the caliber of players. Alabama ST has only been handed out to 21 people on this server, all STs who have dedicated a lot of time and effort to the ST program. These tend to be better-than-average players.

so is players who have 750k ready at the time of musashi release

ofc the ST/avg gap is bigger than musa/avg gap, but same idea

[HINON]
Supertester
18,960 posts
12,479 battles

so is players who have 750k ready at the time of musashi release

Hmmm. Agreed in general. 750k free XP can be gathered just by playing a lot or having played a long time, though.

ofc the ST/avg gap is bigger than musa/avg gap, but same idea

Not necessarily. Alabama ST was only given out to the 21 most dedicated STs. That leaves over 80 who haven't earned one.

Members
2,459 posts
12,213 battles
1 minute ago, Lert said:

People overestimate what sigma does.

Overestimate? Full semester of statistics and never understood what it was, and whenever I hear the word I think of Jack Sykma....Long live the Supersonics!

[HINON]
Supertester
18,960 posts
12,479 battles
Just now, Sweetsie said:

Overestimate? Full semester of statistics and never understood what it was

Sigma governs the tendency for shells to land nearer the middle of the dispersion ellipse. People often argue that .1 or .2 sigma difference is a night and day difference between 'accurate' and 'shotgun' accuracy where a .1 sigma difference is just a difference of a few % in how many shells go nearer the edge of the dispersion, measurable over dozens of salvos at best.

• Cool 3

Members
2,459 posts
12,213 battles
Just now, Lert said:

Sigma governs the tendency for shells to land nearer the middle of the dispersion ellipse. People often argue that .1 or .2 sigma difference is a night and day difference between 'accurate' and 'shotgun' accuracy where a .1 sigma difference is just a difference of a few % in how many shells go nearer the edge of the dispersion, measurable over dozens of salvos at best.

Thanks Lert, I was kidding about sigma but that is a great way to state it and hopefully helps some to understand it as well. As for college, the only reason I got a D in statistics was that had my teacher failed me she would have just had to fail me again next semester....she gave me a mercy D so we could both be on our way.... ;)

Members
90 posts
2,458 battles
5 minutes ago, Sweetsie said:

Overestimate? Full semester of statistics and never understood what it was, and whenever I hear the word I think of Jack Sykma....Long live the Supersonics!

Supersonics? What's that? 

(Go Thunder!) :Smile_popcorn:

Members
1,690 posts
7,231 battles

I just happened to have accurate stats for the average damage of my Yamato SINCE I have the Musashi, and I did play them side by side since I got both.  The damage numbers align almost perfectly, Musashi did 104,756 damage on average and Yamato did 104,488.

My overall Yamato average damage sits low at 91,143 since it was one of the first T10s I got, and I had less experience earlier.

[SWOB]
Members
2,705 posts
15,550 battles
17 minutes ago, Lionel92 said:

B830E5A5-09D4-4F59-9618-610D5DC22A00.png

I'm LOL'ing at the fact that those Musashi stats are only worth a 1259 WTR...geeze!

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,648 posts
14,025 battles

Yamato faces nothing but the best ships in the game.

Musashi gets a chance, not a yooge one, but will see the likes of Pensacola, Colorado.  You should see what 460s do to Scharnhorst.  Pretty funny.  That's just a few of the many reasons why people ranted Musashi doesn't belong in Tier IX.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Members
139 posts
1,845 battles
1 minute ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Yamato faces nothing but the best ships in the game.

Musashi gets a chance, not a yooge one, but will see the likes of Pensacola, Colorado.  You should see what 460s do to Scharnhorst.  Pretty funny.

Should see what it does to a Nelson. There is no ship I hate more when I get upteired in my Nelson.

Members
286 posts
3,360 battles
1 hour ago, Lert said:

You do realize they are one tier apart right? Anything from tier 8 to 10 is what both will encounter. Except Musashi will encounter a t7, that will boost some damage.

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,648 posts
14,025 battles
3 minutes ago, Pyromaniac_Rasputin said:

Should see what it does to a Nelson. There is no ship I hate more when I get upteired in my Nelson.

Scharnhorst, KGV can at least try to maneuver.  Nelson is big and sails like a tub.  I can imagine how dangerous 460s can be against her.  That Mega Repair Party becomes a non-factor.