Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
WindyAutumn

Eh...isn't the game size too big?

9 comments in this topic

Members
9 posts
471 battles

I have been playing for some time, and i noticed this game has often updates of 2gb+, to the point my game folder size has duplicated over time.

Right now it is about 56 GB, about the size of GTA V.

What exactly justifies this game to have a size that big?

The average AAA game size is about 40 GB.

Beta Testers
1,143 posts
3,273 battles

Did you enable replays in the past? You might have a growing archive you've forgotten about taking up hard drive space. 

[RKLES]
Members
7,104 posts
8,758 battles
3 hours ago, WindyAutumn said:

I have been playing for some time, and i noticed this game has often updates of 2gb+, to the point my game folder size has duplicated over time.

Lot of content in game, including the mechanics, graphics, various weapons systems, game modes, lots of ships... all the fun things we enjoy about WOWs it all adds up into the game size. It's the price we pay for increasing better games that continue to amaze us.

[-SYN-]
Members
156 posts
134 battles
3 hours ago, WindyAutumn said:

Incorrect. AAA titles are running almost 50GB on average these days, and quite a few run 70GB and over. Also, you seem to be not realizing that this game continually adds content, and the vast majority of it never leaves, ergo, the game can ONLY grow larger.

[RIPQP]
Members
435 posts
12,284 battles

Notice how Russian cruisers are as big as most other nations' battleships because of superior Russian engineering?

Superior Russian coding works much the same way.

• Funny 2

Members
3,413 posts
6,072 battles
9 hours ago, Ivlerlin said:

Did you enable replays in the past? You might have a growing archive you've forgotten about taking up hard drive space. 

You would need to store up a few thousand till it made a meaningful difference when compared to the game install.  I have 838 files and still have not surpassed 2 gigs in size.

Members
3,413 posts
6,072 battles

My game size right now is 33 gigs with 1.7 gigs being replays so it should be closer to 32 gigs.  It is about 20 gigs to big imho.

Edited by CylonRed

[HINON]
Members
8,840 posts

Make sure to empty the update folder periodically as it can get large. Game is around 31 gb atm without extras afaik. 

Sign in to follow this