You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Nighthawk_Down

The Art of Warfare (TAW) is Recruiting

10 comments in this topic

Members
5 posts
8,332 battles

The Art of Warfare [TAW] - World of Warships North American (NA) Fleet is recruiting!

image.png.1f49683da7bc4e55a1c9e292a1c102df.png

• Founded in 2001 The Art of Warfare is an international gaming community that supports over 40 games with over 2500+ members.
  • TAW is not like other gaming clans. We consider ourselves a gaming community. The difference is the commitment our members and leaders make to TAW as a whole. Many of our members join TAW and stay for years when they realize they can’t find consistently competitive and fun games every week in another group. 
  • There are 2-two Battalion in our division: NA Fleet and EU Fleet, dedicated to play on the NA server and the EU server.
  • We are currently recruiting for Mature, Fun like-minded individuals for World of Warships.

What we looking for:

ENLISTMENT QUALIFICATIONS

• Be Respectful towards all our members and other players
  • Two hours of gaming a week at our scheduled events, divided over two evenings.
  • 16-years1 or older.
  • Working microphone and TeamSpeak installed
  • Follow our Code of Ethics (CoE)
  • Have a positive attitude

WHAT DOES ENLISTMENT MEAN?

• Enlistment is the process of taking you into TAW through a “boot camp” briefing to make you familiar with our procedures and our Code of Ethics (CoE) and policies that we follow.

What we offer - what you get

BOOT CAMP

• During this process you will talk to your dedicated Drill Instructor (DI) who will take you through our orientation.
  • During the boot camp you will set up your system settings and be introduced to TAW and our NA Fleet.
  • Your DI will assign you the rank Recruit ® at our home port (TeamSpeak) and on our Website.
  • The DI’s main task during your first month on-board is to mentor you and get you to Private First Class (PFC).

GAMING & ENGAGEMENT

• Your responsibilities as a member will depend on your choices of engagement in TAW.
  • Mature gamers that want a laid back environment away from foul language and offensive topics.
  • Structured gaming environment for all of our members. The WWS TAW NA Fleet holds regular meetings or events twice a week.
  • Many of our TAW divisions compete in external competitions/ladders.
  • The training staff of is constantly working on new ways to help you improve your game!

OUR OWN

Check out

Check us out on our website and look over our Code of Ethics (CoE) and see if we are for you:

Edited by Nighthawk_Down
Posted info vice just an attached file link

Members
5 posts
8,332 battles

Contact me in-game anytime (WWS in-game name - Nighthawk_Down) or any other TAW member you see in-game for an invitation to our TeamSpeak channel. 

[TAW]
[TAW]
Members
2 posts
9,322 battles

A great community to hang out with. We have a lot of different games as well as World of Warships.. So look for a Taw Member playing your favorite game and give them a shout if you are interested in finding a great clan

Members
5 posts
8,332 battles

Season 2 of Clan Wars kicked off last night. If you are looking for a small experienced group of player to participate in Clan Wars with check us out at taw.net or look for us in game. (nighthawk_down) 

Members
11 posts
130 battles

Hello!

I have a few questions about times and time zones.

DI's ACTIVE WHEN:  With regard to WoWS, at what times and time zones can your DI's easily function?

EVENT DAYS & TIMES: When have your structured events and battle recently occurred (time and time zone)?

LEADERSHIP DAYS & TIMES: What time zones is the clan leadership in, and when I are typically active during the day. I know you may have members in all time zones, but I'm interested in the leadership.

Thanks!

Beta Testers
63 posts
6,351 battles
On 3/29/2018 at 1:10 PM, Kelp2 said:

Hello!

I have a few questions about times and time zones.

DI's ACTIVE WHEN:  With regard to WoWS, at what times and time zones can your DI's easily function?

EVENT DAYS & TIMES: When have your structured events and battle recently occurred (time and time zone)?

LEADERSHIP DAYS & TIMES: What time zones is the clan leadership in, and when I are typically active during the day. I know you may have members in all time zones, but I'm interested in the leadership.

Thanks!

I've sent you a message in-game, if you want to meet up.

There is usually a DI active on TS most days between 1800-0000 EST, however we can arrange to have someone come on at just about anytime.

Our event times are as follows:

Wednesday 2100-2200 EST NA Mandatory
Saturday 2000-2100 EST NA Mandatory

As for leadership, again we can arrange for someone to be on at just about anytime, but typically between 1800-0000 EST. I personally come on anytime after 1700 EST

Beta Testers
63 posts
6,351 battles
On 3/28/2018 at 3:52 PM, Billy_The_Dog said:

I bet we are the only clan to have pet mascot dogs!

Dogs.jpg

Come join TAW and we can play some AP fetch!!! ?

Beta Testers
63 posts
6,351 battles

The Art of Warfare is currently looking for active members, 16+, to join us in our endeavour to make NA server great again!

Why die alone? Join TAW and come and die with your friends!

[JCMNR]
Members
136 posts
12,246 battles

If you like an extremely well-organised clan then TAW is for you. I used to be in TAW for WoWP. I was offered an equivalent of an honourable discharge because they closed down the WoWP Unit due to lack of numbers. That meant I could return to TAW in the future for another game or something. At that time there were no other games that I played that TAW was also involved in. WoWS had not been publicly released back then.

Anyway, it puts me in a bit of unique position to give an honest assessment of the TAW Clan, especially considering I am in a different clan.

My Experience with them was pretty short (Less than 3 months). But I thoroughly enjoyed it. I can totally appreciate the way they run it (Pretty much like the military)(They are essentially a Para-Military Gaming Clan). they have ranks within the clan. You are expected to turn up. you are expected to seek permission for leave. you can be penalised for being AWOL.

They have organised training sessions. I particularly loved how they use radio comms...err. ahh.. team speak. one could be forgiven for thinking they were using actual military comms. You are expected to announce your gamer tag as you enter a TAW Team speak room. and when you leave. You are expected to say your own gamer tag each time you speak. so that all who are in the room with you, know exactly who is speaking and who they are speaking to. Honestly, it doe take a little getting used to. Particularly if you've never gamed like that. But it works. Once you are used to those procedures, that side of things runs like clockwork. Leaving you to concentrate on the game its self. It takes away much of the confusion and chaos one can often experience leading to much fewer frustrations.

The only other thing I think any prospective TAW member should know is that TAW is Massive. I think it was approaching 10K members back when I was a member. it's prolly much more now. I'm not sure if that's a good or a bad thing. I suppose it does mean that you can quite often be in the same clan across multiple games (if you play multiple games). (I don't really).

Another point worth mentioning (and I am NOT suggesting this is a bad thing) once you are in TAW, you cant leave for no good reason then expect to rejoin later. It was different for me and my unit because our unit was closing down. so through no fault of my own. But if I wanted to leave "just coz" I wouldn't be allowed to re-join taw. That also could be a good thing. It means that you are largely going to be left with the most dedicated players, the most disciplined players, and the bit i like most, the most Loyal players.

Unfortunately, I am an extremely loyal Team member / Clan member. I say unfortunately because once I join a team or clan I tend to stick around. Even if I don't really want to. Even if I have better offers. Something inside me tells me that's a really bad thing to do, and so I don't. I will stick with them through thick and thin, good and bad, till death do us part. My clan will have to die before I leave. They would have to kick me. lol. they'll never be rid of me :P  People like that will fit in nicely in TAW.

Edited by Supercell_Kid