You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Herr_Reitz

Washing away the pink in coop...

80 comments in this topic

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,265 posts

Curious - can you park a ship in coop, go AFK on it and have that mission count towards the cleansing of your pinkness? How about in random as well? Does having a ship in the game but not participating in the game meet the requirements of getting rid of the pink? tiafyc

• Bad 2
  • Angry 1

[VOP]
Members
329 posts
6,760 battles
14 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Does having a ship in the game but not participating in the game meet the requirements of getting rid of the pink?

No, you still have to contribute to the game play...If you do not contribute enough to the game play the game will not come off...so play! :Smile_Default:

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,257 battles
19 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Curious - can you park a ship in coop, go AFK on it and have that mission count towards the cleansing of your pinkness? How about in random as well? Does having a ship in the game but not participating in the game meet the requirements of getting rid of the pink? tiafyc

God, I hope not.  Like StarSlayer, if I saw a pink AFK, I'd be super tempted to go and bump him just to give him a tiny amount of team damage, just so he *couldn't* get any benefit from going afk to wash away the pink. 

And honestly, I've never intentionally rammed a team mate, at least to cause damage.  I think that once or twice I changed course to avoid torpedoes, knowing that doing so would cause me to run into a team mate.  But to me, that's different.  It was self defense, not any desire to harm or harass the team mate.

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,094 posts
18,616 battles

AFK is still better then yolo into the other team. If the enemy didn’t find him the team don’t lose points.

[PVE]
Members
8,794 posts
7,234 battles
26 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Curious - can you park a ship in coop, go AFK on it and have that mission count towards the cleansing of your pinkness? How about in random as well? Does  having a ship in the game but not participating in the game meet the requirements of getting rid of the pink? tiafyc

As others have mentioned, you have to contribute to get the match to count for removing the pink. The easiest way is to play operations as team killing is turned off because the green bots are not the greatest at avoiding causing friendly fire.

If you don't want to play operations, then hop into PvE with a BB and stay at medium range, avoid playing bumper boats and shooting at a red when a green is near.

[ARGSY]
Members
5,708 posts
3,886 battles
9 minutes ago, Erebthoron said:

AFK is still better then yolo into the other team.

Disagree. At least if you YOLO you have a chance to do damage and possibly even sink enemy ships, and you may weaken them or spot them for your colleagues to kill. I don't see a problem with this in co-op; in Random, more of an issue. In operations or Ranked, where you have fewer friendly ships and all of them count for much more, it should be a no-no unless the Operation conditions favour it for some reason.

[BNKR]
Members
674 posts
1,254 battles

My one foray into pink was in a coop battle...I actually switched to random to work it off and played as if I wasn't pink. I had no issues working it off in 5 battles. 

[5D]
Members
2,208 posts
13,930 battles
1 hour ago, TheStarSlayer said:

I'd be real tempted to get in a fender bender if another player was doing that.:cap_cool:

I think WG removed that as a penalty since it was being abused by players to further the number of games a pink player had to play to get rid of the status.

1 hour ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Why do you need to go to coop to get rid of it? I went pink last night and played it off in random battles with no issues.

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,257 battles
12 minutes ago, 1SneakyDevil said:

I think WG removed that as a penalty since it was being abused by players to further the number of games a pink player had to play to get rid of the status.

Why do you need to go to coop to get rid of it? I went pink last night and played it off in random battles with no issues.

A. I didn't realize that WG had done this.  Good.  Despite my comment above, I don't really think that allowing ramming, even accidental rams, to increase the number of battles they have to go through to lose the pink status.

B.  Some people don't like showing their "face" in randoms if they're pink.  Others don't care.

[ARGSY]
Members
5,708 posts
3,886 battles
12 minutes ago, 1SneakyDevil said:

Why do you need to go to coop to get rid of it?

So that only half the number of players will see your shame. :Smile_teethhappy:

• Funny 1

[PVE]
Members
8,794 posts
7,234 battles
5 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

So that only half the number of players will see your shame. :Smile_teethhappy:

If you play late at night or very early morning, you can get a team of green bots and you, so no one but the bots know. And since the bots have been on chat ban for over 5 years, they can't tell anyone. :Smile_teethhappy:

[ARGSY]
Members
5,708 posts
3,886 battles
1 minute ago, Kizarvexis said:

And since the bots have been on chat ban for over 5 years

The ultimate NDA.

Alpha Tester
2,714 posts
4,278 battles

So long as you don't bump into anyone (or anyone bump into you) should be fine...

...although you might as well be YOLO...better to be sure you don't bump into anyone by mistake, and making sure you do contribute.

3 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

If you play late at night or very early morning, you can get a team of green bots and you, so no one but the bots know. And since the bots have been on chat ban for over 5 years, they can't tell anyone. :Smile_teethhappy:

Trust me, you don't want to see bot start spouting stuff in chat.

[5D]
Members
2,208 posts
13,930 battles
13 minutes ago, Crucis said:

A. I didn't realize that WG had done this.  Good.  Despite my comment above, I don't really think that allowing ramming, even accidental rams, to increase the number of battles they have to go through to lose the pink status.

B.  Some people don't like showing their "face" in randoms if they're pink.  Others don't care.

I got rammed last night (totally accidental) while working of my games and it didn't stall my progress.

Of course and accidental ram while I was trying to fire is what made me pink in the first place as my three rear Amagi guns tore apart the other BB apparently.

[BLUMR]
Members
2,048 posts
6,926 battles

well if i ever see a TK'ing pink or afk pink they ulitmatly always die. 

the unspoken rule of pinkies (and some apply to regular teamates)

a: if they shoot torpedos at me and only me. im driving into them.

b: if they are torpedoing a enemy / strategic spot. and im not mentioned to watch out / dont see them within 15 sec and they are heading exactly for me (depending on what ship) full speed ahead and damn the torpedos

c: if im brawling with a battleship within ~5km and friendly tries to torpedo the enemy battleship and they start heading for me i stay angled to the enemy and eat the friendly torps since hes pink wont hurt me rather then getting dev struck by the enemy.

d: if Pinkie lights a fire on me. too bad for him cuz im not wasting my damage con especially with Octobers.

c: if pinke rams me out of my smoke / rams me in general i wouldnt try to to hard to quickly get my ship off of his 

d: pinkie afk for more then 10min... damn thats too sad looks like a nice spot to test how my ramming ship works.

these where the unspoken rules of pinkes

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,124 posts
8,741 battles
1 hour ago, Herr_Reitz said:

At one time but not anymore. As has been mentioned you need to contribute and the more you contribute the more pink you remove. Play hard and play well and it goes away quickly.

[LEAK]
Supertester
1,686 posts
209 battles
10 minutes ago, pyantoryng said:

"Hey pyantorng, want to div up?"

Beta Testers
2,029 posts

Unless something has changed, the number of games left to get rid of pink is an estimate due to the fact that the time you're pink is calculated based on friendly damage vs. proper damage.  So, if that's still correct, you would actually have to play.

[OO7]
Members
2,229 posts
9,694 battles
2 hours ago, _WaveRider_ said:

Guess so, if you don't care about the other people playing the game.

He cares more about a 100% meaningless and temporary color change than anyone on his team. 

• Funny 1

[ARGSY]
Members
5,708 posts
3,886 battles
19 minutes ago, pyantoryng said:

"I'm sorry, Dave... this mission is too important for me to allow you to jeapordize it."

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,124 posts
8,741 battles
30 minutes ago, pyantoryng said:

So long as you don't bump into anyone (or anyone bump into you) should be fine...

...although you might as well be YOLO...better to be sure you don't bump into anyone by mistake, and making sure you do contribute.

Minor bumping is not an issue anymore.

Be thankful they haven't taught the bots to talk like they have in WoWP.

[WOLF2]
Members
262 posts
4,283 battles

Yeah, that'd be great.  Not only are you pink but you go AFK as well? You wont make friends that way.