You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Skuggsja

Flottentorpedoboot? (Yeah, we know we said that back in December...)

15 comments in this topic

[ODIN]
[ODIN]
Members
456 posts
13,204 battles

Well? Its the last weekend of the month of January. It's also a German Cruiser discount weekend. Finally, one of the missions is to cause 7 fires and 7 floods to get some camouflage.

What ship sort of fits perfectly into this?

The T-61 that was reviewed originally on November 10, 2017.  The one that was said to be releasing in December and never came. Now its 5 days until the end of the month and . . . nothing. I dont mean to complain. I cant wait to get the ship and I'm sure WG can wait for my money. However, why does everything have to be so hush hush with WG? I know more about troop movements in the Middle East by watching the news than I know about when the next rendered pixels of a ship might come out. It just seems a little silly to say "This Ship Comes Out in January" only to realize it will probably enter the shop 1 to 3 days before the end of January.  WG should be more forward with tentative release dates or come up with a schedule for releases to fall in the first couple weeks of the month.

[WOLF4]
Members
387 posts
5,362 battles

Yeah it’s not coming out on January. Delayed again for some reason... 

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,272 posts

If you increase the amount of info you share with the public, you inadvertently release additional info to the public, some by divination, some by reasoning and of course, far too many questions arise. Some of those questions would result in locked thread. Tesla is still in the nom nom stage with his company, not yet realizing too much is well, too much. 

Besides... keeping it a mystery cloaks the inner workings of the company. Not all things in the closet should see the light of day. 

[ODIN]
[ODIN]
Members
456 posts
13,204 battles
10 minutes ago, bubbleboy264 said:

Yeah it’s not coming out on January. Delayed again for some reason... 

Oh? Is this official somewhere or semi-leaked official?

6 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

If you increase the amount of info you share with the public, you inadvertently release additional info to the public, some by divination, some by reasoning and of course, far too many questions arise. Some of those questions would result in locked thread. Tesla is still in the nom nom stage with his company, not yet realizing too much is well, too much. 

Besides... keeping it a mystery cloaks the inner workings of the company. Not all things in the closet should see the light of day. 

Well, Im just glad they dont make movies that I have to show up to the theater for day after day to see if its there or not because the company producing it has only given me a tentative month that they can just change.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Members
8,878 posts

Unfortunately wg doesn't have a crystal ball to know when a ship will be balanced. 

[CUTE]
Members
5,171 posts
3,436 battles
1 minute ago, RipNuN2 said:

Unfortunately wg doesn't have a crystal ball to know when a ship will be balanced. 

Hasn't stopped them from going full Etard in the past. I realise it's a DD and we can't have THAT!!! THINK ABOUT THE CHILDREN!

Edited by Canadatron
  • Cool 1

[ODIN]
[ODIN]
Members
456 posts
13,204 battles
4 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

Sure, they may not know when a ship is perfectly balanced. However, in the past, we saw Community Contributors release their initial reviews and then later update them within a few weeks to the adjusted stats. Its working on month 3 since the initial release with no updates. Yet, they have for 2 months now said the ship was coming in both December and January while giving no details at to why. A simple "There is a delay for re-balancing" would be more than enough to shut some of us up at least. Sure, they dont have a crystal ball but they could at least tell us they dont have said crystal ball before releasing their predictions.

2 minutes ago, Canadatron said:

Hasn't stopped them from going full Etard in the past. I realise it's a DD and we can't have THAT!!! THINK ABOUT THE CHILDREN!

Very true! Duke of York seems to have been a very rushed mess and that was a ship they were just giving away. They could make more money on a premium they only intend to sell.

[POP]
Members
1,156 posts
14,810 battles

I think they should sell the French DD over the weekend with a special VC French captain  :Smile_teethhappy: so does anyone know WG hot line get in touch with them and have a hot fix patch out tonight that way they can feel they have not screwed up German weekend and there conscience is clear, least they could say well its almost a KMS ship. 

Edited by tm63au

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles

T-61 will arrive when she arrives.

• Cool 2
  • Angry 1

[USCG]
Members
181 posts
12,722 battles

Yes, very upset and surprised the T-61 hasn't been released yet.  Guess WGing doesn't want my money...  The AIGLE looks interesting, especially after it's recent buffs but I was looking forward to the T-61.

[SIM]
Members
2,456 posts
4,093 battles

Assume that the ship has been cancelled until it arrives. Seriously, it sucks that people are being left disappointed, but it’s obvious at this point that the ship has some serious problems that Wargaming have no solid ideas on how to address. 

[HINON]
Supertester
7,522 posts
7,578 battles
1 hour ago, Spieges said:

Oh? Is this official somewhere or semi-leaked official?

Because she’s still in testing, that’s why.

Also, next to her hint in the January calendar there was a “?” meaning she may or may not arrive. 

[POP]
Members
846 posts
9,511 battles
1 hour ago, tm63au said:

I think they should sell the French DD over the weekend with a special VC French captain  :Smile_teethhappy: so does anyone know WG hot line get in touch with them and have a hot fix patch out tonight that way they can feel they have not screwed up German weekend and there conscience is clear, least they could say well its almost a KMS ship. 

Come on!

The coding can't be that difficult..

3c6db0c28099ad12b82dffb132f98c59.jpg

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,783 posts
14,864 battles

I will give you a few examples of why WoW takes so very long to make sure a ship is properly balanced:

Krasny Krym and Graf Zeppeiln, both of which were released improperly balanced; now Krym is the poster ship for "underpowered" and Zeppelin is a game famous debacle that cost WoW at least one very good CC.

Then we can go the other way, and list Imperator Nikolai and Konig Albert, two ships which WoW can no longer recover their investment on because they are OP and have been pulled from sales. This enrages the customer base because they want the ships and are mad at players who have them when they can't get them.

Allow WoW all the time they need to get things right; they screw up enough without being rushed into more bad ship releases.

• Cool 2