You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
wildcat18

Thumbs up WG

10 comments in this topic

Members
218 posts

Nice job with this game WG. Just under a 100 battles and I like what I see. You have areas for new players to learn and hone their skills in the game. You have different areas of the game to choose from depending on your ability and mood at the moment of the player.  I researched some Destroyers and some Cruisers with different play styles just to get a feel for the game.  I think I will hang out at tier 4 and below for awhile till I learn the game and the play styles of different ships. I doubt I will go past tier 4 though, grinds are too long for someone like me who can't consistently play year round. I want to be able change Ships and/or play styles on short notice without grinding for days on end to get to that point. Too bad you don't allow gold from other WG accounts to be used here though. Guess I will have to take the 3 locks off the wallet and blow the dust off. Happy hunting everyone.

• Cool 5
  • Bad 1

Beta Testers
578 posts
990 battles

Not enough positive commentary on these here forums anymore, happy to see someone taking this game as it is and enjoying themselves as much as the rest of us casual folk are!

Happy Hunting good sir!

[ERN]
[ERN]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,101 posts
4,223 battles

go ahead and get tier 5, there is no shame

[SF-3]
Members
1,452 posts
7,934 battles
55 minutes ago, MajorRenegade said:

go ahead and get tier 5, there is no shame

sssshhhh, dont encourage him thats when the flaws become really apparent and people get turned off:Smile_hiding:

Edited by Kevs02Accord

[NDA]
Supertester
3,896 posts
1,479 battles
4 hours ago, wildcat18 said:

Too bad you don't allow gold from other WG accounts to be used here though. Guess I will have to take the 3 locks off the wallet and blow the dust off.

One thing you can do is use that WoT or WoWP gold to buy premium time, if you are so inclined.  Premium time is good for all three titles.  And welcome to the game. :)

[ARGSY]
Members
5,870 posts
4,001 battles
4 hours ago, wildcat18 said:

I doubt I will go past tier 4 though, grinds are too long for someone like me who can't consistently play year round.

You'd be surprised to see where you can get if you pace yourself and you have good games on a regular basis. That being said, Tier 5 is pain - you see Tier 7 a lot, and some lines (British cruisers particularly) can become very tiring and occasionally even demoralising to play before the light comes at the end of the tunnel. Others cope better.

Diversification is the key to keeping things fun here.

[PC]
Members
1,866 posts

You have 200 matches in the newbie player pool, under tier 5. You can practice in co-op battles. You may think the grind up the tiers is long, but 100 battles becomes 1000 battles before you know it.

Members
17,843 posts
5,096 battles

Lol I read the thread title, and was expecting to see outlined just where WG had their thumbs up....:Smile_teethhappy: