You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Kraken1940

How do I get an engine boost mod

8 comments in this topic

[AKN]
Members
37 posts
2,101 battles

I'm playing mostly RU DD's and am wondering what one has to do to get the engine boost mod?

Is there different ways to get it, or is it by super container alone?

[WOLFB]
Members
1,668 posts
8,052 battles

Only SC . Maybe I'm wrong but I think it's only obtainable in SC and probably some specific rank in ranked.

So just pray for a SC and pray for your module.

If you happens to have 2 Engine boost, you can use one on your French CA, it's really fun

Edited by AlcatrazNC

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,121 posts
18,636 battles

This is also a ranked battles reward. I think it’s time for WG that we could either exchange those modules for another or give us the option to buy them with gold. I have about 5 I will not use.

[SYN]
Members
4,532 posts
11,434 battles

Seems to be the hardest mod upgrade to obtain.  I have all the others in quantity and sitting in inventory but only a couple of the speed boost mods, the one I need the most, and both are currently used.

[WOLF1]
Members
2,632 posts
8,222 battles

IIRC, they were also put up for "sale" using pearls collected during the Battle of the Elements event, although events are rarer than supercontainers, so just keep hoping for a SC.

[WOLF5]
Members
1,140 posts
8,303 battles

I have a theory, totally ungrounded, that this situation will change sometime this year...

WG's New Year's announcement said something about a new currency in the game.  The obvious candidate is personal oil.  (When clan bases and the oil system were announced, there was introduced a nicety worthy of 12th-century theology: we all collect oil for a clan, if we're in one, but simultaneously we are collecting oil for a personal account that is currently invisible to us.)

Meanwhile, special upgrades are the only resource in the game currently purchasable with nothing - not with silver, not with doubloons, not with free xp, not with cash.  (Non-economic signals aren't really purchasable either, but there are so many ways of winning them that it is not really the same for me.)

Resource, meet currency.

In the meantime, yeah, I'm glad I loaded up on special speed boost upgrades during Clash of the Elements.  I'm somewhat regretting not picking up Radar, DFAA, Hydro, and Smoke special upgrades...but they were nearly useless at the time because of the slots they occupied.

[APOC-]
Beta Testers
328 posts
4,076 battles

I would pay 3000 to 5000 dubs(or cash equivalent) to get the mods I want. Some way to aquire them besides RNG should be provided. (The same goes for det flags).

These things provide a major boost in power or capabilities and are nessesary to compete at the top level. RNG to win is just as frustrating as Pay to win. More so to me because I am will to pay.

TLDR: shut up and take my money Fry meme