Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Jakajan

HSF Yamato camo weaker than Musashi camo?

10 comments in this topic

[NNC]
Members
1,184 posts
19,340 battles

I understand that premium camo should have a premium bonus, and the Yamato camo is "free" but it would be nice if the Yamato camo either had the same bonus as Musashi camo, or honestly just cost 5k doubloons so we can buy it and give our Yamato the same bonus as Musashi.

So the 4k doubloon cost Yamato camo gives a -50% to service cost, +100% to ship experience, among other bonuses.

Musashi camo currently gives -20% to service cost, +50% captain experience +100% to ship experience, among other bonuses.

The current HSF Yamato camo gives a -50% to service cost +50% experience and +50% to captain experience, which isn't bad, but it would be nice if the service cost reduction were reduced to 20% and experience multiplier be 100%, thus allowing the ship to work as a better trainer option, at a higher maintenance cost, making it a viable option for those who have the Yamato camo, but the higher cost still making it not always the best choice.

[EGO]
Members
4,105 posts

The real problem is the HSF Camo is not as good as the Yamato Premium Type 20 Camo.

If you have the Premium Camo you should get the Premium bonuses when you use the HSF Camo.

I am fairly certain the HSF Camo is much higher resolution than the Premium Camo. It certainly looks tremendously better.

Supertester
457 posts
12,698 battles

The HSF Yamato camo doesn't give as much credits or normal XP compared to the normal permanent camo for the Yamato, but it does give 12.5% more commander XP. It works better as a trainer, and I don't think they should change. The -50% service cost is pratically a must have for tier 10 ships. Now, HSF Musashi's camo is better as a trainer, but then again that's as far as Musashi's advantages over the Yamato go.

• Cool 1

[EGO]
Members
4,105 posts
11 hours ago, Captain_Benevolent_Fair said:

The HSF Yamato camo doesn't give as much credits or normal XP compared to the normal permanent camo for the Yamato, but it does give 12.5% more commander XP. It works better as a trainer, and I don't think they should change. The -50% service cost is pratically a must have for tier 10 ships. Now, HSF Musashi's camo is better as a trainer, but then again that's as far as Musashi's advantages over the Yamato go.

I believe it works out exactly the same since Type 20 has 100% XP. The difference is you lose a bunch of credits with the HSF camo.

Supertester
457 posts
12,698 battles
1 hour ago, CaptainTeddybear said:

I believe it works out exactly the same since Type 20 has 100% XP. The difference is you lose a bunch of credits with the HSF camo.

As a matter of fact it does not. While the Type 20 is unquestionably better at generating money and ship XP, it doesn't generate as much commander XP as the HSF Yamato camo. This can be proven with a little bit of math:

Let's say you earn 1000 base XP in a battle:

-The Type 20 camo will give 100% more XP, therefor giving you 2000 ship XP, and since the XP your ship earn your commander will earn as well, the commander will receive 2000 commander XP.

-Meanwhile, the HSF Yamato camo will only give you 50% more XP, therefor giving you 1500 ship XP, which is also 1500 commander XP; but since you'll also get 50% more commander XP, that percentage will be applied over the XP you already earned. Therefor, 50% of 1500 is 750, and 1500+750=2250 commander XP..

The extra 250 commander XP represents a 12.5% increase in the commander XP received compared to the Type 20. Since all these bonuses on both camos are percentage based, you can apply the same percentages over any base value (1k, 2k, 5k, etc.) and the HSF camo will always come out on top over the Type 20 in commander XP earned by exactly 12.5%, just like the Type 20 will always come out on top of the HSF camo in credits earned by exactly 20% and in ship XP earned by 33%.

[EGO]
Members
4,105 posts
21 minutes ago, Captain_Benevolent_Fair said:

As a matter of fact it does not. While the Type 20 is unquestionably better at generating money and ship XP, it doesn't generate as much commander XP as the HSF Yamato camo. This can be proven with a little bit of math:

Let's say you earn 1000 base XP in a battle:

-The Type 20 camo will give 100% more XP, therefor giving you 2000 ship XP, and since the XP your ship earn your commander will earn as well, the commander will receive 2000 commander XP.

-Meanwhile, the HSF Yamato camo will only give you 50% more XP, therefor giving you 1500 ship XP, which is also 1500 commander XP; but since you'll also get 50% more commander XP, that percentage will be applied over the XP you already earned. Therefor, 50% of 1500 is 750, and 1500+750=2250 commander XP..

The extra 250 commander XP represents a 12.5% increase in the commander XP received compared to the Type 20. Since all these bonuses on both camos are percentage based, you can apply the same percentages over any base value (1k, 2k, 5k, etc.) and the HSF camo will always come out on top over the Type 20 in commander XP earned by exactly 12.5%, just like the Type 20 will always come out on top of the HSF camo in credits earned by exactly 20% and in ship XP earned by 33%.

Then it is not working correctly currently because I have played games with each and compared.

[NNC]
Members
1,184 posts
19,340 battles

Hm, the HSF Yamato camo would then be giving less free experience than the premium IJN camo right?

What if the HSF camo had a 100% free experience bonus as well then? That would make it in line with the HSF Graf Spee and HSF Harekaze camo. I think that combined with the current bonuses would make it more desirable.

[EGO]
Members
4,105 posts
1 hour ago, Jakajan said:

Hm, the HSF Yamato camo would then be giving less free experience than the premium IJN camo right?

What if the HSF camo had a 100% free experience bonus as well then? That would make it in line with the HSF Graf Spee and HSF Harekaze camo. I think that combined with the current bonuses would make it more desirable.

WG should just make it so that if you have the Premium Camo you can use the HSF Camo and still get the Premium bonuses.

The player paid for the Premium Camo and did the work for the HSF Camo. WG put time and money into making the HSF Camo. The HSF Camo looks much better if for no other reason than it is a high res Camo.

Supertester
457 posts
12,698 battles
2 hours ago, CaptainTeddybear said:

Then it is not working correctly currently because I have played games with each and compared.

After running some tests myself, I concluded that you're absolutely right. This is due to a simple mistake I made in my calculations (I didn't accounted for WG's way of calculating multiple bonuses).

What happened is that, in my accounts, I calculated the commander XP earned by the HSF camo as the base XP + 50% of the base XP + 50% commander XP over the ship XP, meaning that in my results I was bound to reach that 12.5% I talked so much about.

However, WG doesn't stack the bonuses, but rather count them separately and them put it all together, meaning that they go with the base XP + 50% of the base XP + 50% commander XP over the base XP.

The end result is that the HSF camo indeed generates the exact same amount of commander XP as the Type 20 camo. Which means that it is now straight up inferior to the Type 20, as it does not give any trade offs for the lack of the +20% credit income and the 100% additional XP.

[EGO]
Members
4,105 posts
16 minutes ago, Captain_Benevolent_Fair said:

After running some tests myself, I concluded that you're absolutely right. This is due to a simple mistake I made in my calculations (I didn't accounted for WG's way of calculating multiple bonuses).

What happened is that, in my accounts, I calculated the commander XP earned by the HSF camo as the base XP + 50% of the base XP + 50% commander XP over the ship XP, meaning that in my results I was bound to reach that 12.5% I talked so much about.

However, WG doesn't stack the bonuses, but rather count them separately and them put it all together, meaning that they go with the base XP + 50% of the base XP + 50% commander XP over the base XP.

The end result is that the HSF camo indeed generates the exact same amount of commander XP as the Type 20 camo. Which means that it is now straight up inferior to the Type 20, as it does not give any trade offs for the lack of the +20% credit income and the 100% additional XP.

I don't have a problem with it being inferior but anybody that has the Premium Camo should get those bonuses if they use the HSF Camo.

Sign in to follow this