Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
xalmgrey

Tier 5 IJN CV questions

4 comments in this topic

Members
918 posts
2,449 battles

Is there any reason why i would constantly lose groups of fighters to USN carriers ALL the time? One group always manages to take out all of my fighters which basically screws me for the rest of the match. I've tried using AA of friendly ships, i've upgraded them and upgraded the ship and still it feels like i could roll my face over the keys and have the same effect in every dog fight. So what am i missing? Or do japanese fighters suck at tier 5?

Edited by xalmgrey

Members
5,020 posts
2,948 battles

Japanese fighters suck at every tier. You don't get a good loadout with more than 1 fighter squad until the Hiryu at tier 7. Until then just use your 1 fighter squad to tie up enemy fighters while doing a strike, or as a scout unit.

[SYN]
Members
14,365 posts
10,224 battles

This comes down to Aircraft HP, DPS and squadron size.
At T5, the fighters are mostly on par, but USN has a larger squadron size.
Larger squadron have larger total HP and DPS values and results in favorable conditions.

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Aircraft_Carriers

and then there's the detailed bit of how aircraft HP doesn't really relate to the DPS values, because strange RNG mechanic, yadda yadda yadda.

In short, larger squadron sizes will usually win, because they deal more DPS.

oh, and you probably want to change the title to not use the 'ToS violation' short form of Japanese.
(I suggest JPN or IJN)

Edited by MrDeaf

Beta Testers
270 posts
8,949 battles

Your squad is outnumbered 6 planes to 4.  Of course it loses.  Your job is to make sure it loses as slowly and as inconveniently as possible, in ways which either A) allow your teammates' AA to shoot down the enemy fighters, or B) allow your strike aircraft to attack in safety.

Just wait until you reach the Ryujo.  If you're still determined to take control of the skies, the Ryujo has a 3-1-1 aircraft setup that'll let you swamp the Independence's 6 fighters with 12 of your own.

Sign in to follow this