Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Ghatazhak

Really, really bad player looking for a really, really awesome clan

32 comments in this topic

[RUSHB]
Members
138 posts
2,104 battles

If you actually clicked on the link, you will see I am somewhat decent. I am looking for a clan that is very active as far as divisions go, etc. I generally play tiers 6-9 as I am grinding several lines and play anywhere from 5-30 battles per week, depending on how much stupidity I can take at any given time. I do have a tier X. I am ok with CW, but honestly, it has been a bit disappointing in WoWs, as have a lot of things in my life. I am a team player, but will still heckle you if you screw up. I am mature....every now and then. I am an old fart at 46 years old with severely deteriorating hand/eye coordination and situational awareness, but act 45 most of the time so it is not an issue. If you get an enemy ship down to low health, you can count on me the steal the kill. If torps are heading my way, I WILL get on the other side of you  so you take the damage. Yeah, I am pretty awesome. The one thing I do have going for me is I do not TK. Hit me up if you are interested or if you want to be heckled. I may not be the best looking player, or the smartest player or....oh hell, now I am just depressed. Hugs and kisses on all your pinks parts, Ghatazhak.

Edited by Ghatazhak

[SCCC]
Members
705 posts
5,457 battles

What kind of things do you think running with our guys do you think we could teach you? I see you have a somewhat low amount of battles but you seem to be trending in the right direction but still, do you think RUST/OXIDE could help improve your game play?

[RUSHB]
Members
138 posts
2,104 battles
2 minutes ago, smf117 said:

What kind of things do you think running with our guys do you think we could teach you? I see you have a somewhat low amount of battles but you seem to be trending in the right direction but still, do you think RUST/OXIDE could help improve your game play?

I am 'trending' in the right direction? First time I have been told that...If someone can improve my game-play, that would be great as that would check off the first box of world domination. Maybe I can help improve your clans game-play at the same time? How ya like them apples?

[SCCC]
Members
705 posts
5,457 battles
7 minutes ago, Ghatazhak said:

I am 'trending' in the right direction? First time I have been told that...If someone can improve my game-play, that would be great as that would check off the first box of world domination. Maybe I can help improve your clans game-play at the same time? How ya like them apples?

I know your type. Hard pass on you bud. Based on that answer, you aren't the type of player we want in our clan. I mean, you free XP past your tier IX CL and have one battle in your tier X and think you know it all already...yeah good luck with that.

Edited by smf117
  • Bad 1

[RUSHB]
Members
138 posts
2,104 battles
5 minutes ago, smf117 said:

I know your type. Hard pass on you bud. Based on that answer, you aren't the type of player we want in our clan. I mean, you free XP past your tier IX CL and have one battle in your tier X and think you know it all already...yeah good luck with that.

Yes, you have completely figured me out. I DID use some free XP to get to tier X so I could partake in the savory meal we call Clan Wars. In those limited 11 battles I had in the Dmitri Donski, I ONLY averaged 118169 damage per battle, which is only 8th on the entire NA server for damage per battle, but I know nothing. I also ONLY killed 1.8 ships per battle (Tied for 2nd on NA server...pat myself on the back). Granted, I did only shoot down 1.1 planes per battle, good for like 5427th. I suck. But I am curious...what type am I? I thought I knew, but now I am confused.

Edited by Ghatazhak

[SCCC]
Members
705 posts
5,457 battles
4 minutes ago, Ghatazhak said:

Yes, you have completely figured me out. I DID use some free XP to get to tier X so I could partake in the savory meal we call Clan Wars. In those limited 11 battles I had in the Dmitri Donski, I ONLY averaged 118169 damage per battle, which is only 8th on the entire NA server for damage per battle, but I know nothing. I also ONLY killed 1.8 ships per battle (Tied for 2nd on NA server...pat myself on the back). Granted, I did only shoot down 1.1 planes per battle, good for like 5427th. I suck. 

Continue displaying the "I have less than 1k battles and my most played ships are low tier while my high tier stats are average but I know it all already" attitude.

Edited by smf117
  • Bad 1

[RUSHB]
Members
138 posts
2,104 battles

My high tier stats are 'average'....

Just using WTR which is a loose base for stats I admit....

Tier 9 Fired DG: 1099 (Admittedly not great, grinding the upgrades, does not include my WHOLE 1 battle tonight which was around a 1950)
Tier 9 Dmitri Donskoi: 2110 (#8 DPB NA)
Tier 8 Admiral Hipper: 2358
Tier 8 Chapeyev: 1449
Tier 8 Bismark: 1409
Tier 7 Mahan: 653 (1 whole battle)
Tier 7 Sims: 2812 (2 whole battles!)
Tier 7 Yorck: 1886
Tier 7 ARP Ashigara: 1610
Tier 7 Shchors: 1895 (#19 DPB NA)
Tier 7 Gneisenau: 1669 (#59 DPB NA)
Tier 7 Atlanta: 2070 (#23 NA DPB)

If you want, we can keep going with this foolishness....If you want to say I am 'average' at this game, PLEASE send me some of what you are smoking.

Edited by Ghatazhak

[SCCC]
Members
705 posts
5,457 battles
9 minutes ago, Ghatazhak said:

My high tier stats are 'average'....

Just using WTR which is a loose base for stats I admit....

Tier 9 Fired DG: 1099 (Admittedly not great, grinding the upgrades)
Tier 9 Dmitri Donskoi: 2110
Tier 8 Admiral Hipper: 2358
Tier 8 Chapeyev: 1449
Tier 8 Bismark: 1409
Tier 7 Mahan: 653 (1 whole battle)
Tier 7 Sims: 2812 (2 whole battles!)
Tier 7 Yorck: 1886
Tier 7 ARP Ashigara: 1610
Tier 7 Shchors: 1895
Tier 7 Gneisenau: 1669
Tier 7 Atlanta: 2070 (#23 NA DPB)

If you want, we can keep going with this foolishness....If you want to say I am 'average' at this game, PLEASE send me some of what you are smoking.

Tier 7 is mid tier. Tier VIII and up you have less than 100 battles with an average WR in those tiers...you are only proving my assumption of your antics correct. You may be good at tier VII CLs but other than that, there isn't anything special about your performance at tier VII, not that tier VII even matters for competitive play or anything. Still, you have such a small amount of battles at most tier that it doesn't really prove anything.

Anyway, I'm done here. Good luck finding a clan but drop what seems to be the "I already know it all" attitude.

Edited by smf117

[RUSHB]
Members
138 posts
2,104 battles

OK, fine boss. If I am so wholly incompetent, stop wasting my time and move on. I do remember your name from WoT...

[SCCC]
Members
705 posts
5,457 battles
1 minute ago, Ghatazhak said:

OK, fine boss. If I am so wholly incompetent, stop wasting my time and move on. I do remember your name from WoT...

I've already moved on...as far as WoT, cool story. I don't remember you.

• Bad 2

[RUSHB]
Members
138 posts
2,104 battles
37 minutes ago, smf117 said:

All you had to decide was 'Not interested' and that would have been fine. But you gotta keep going at it, trying to put me down and I guess make yourself feel better. #BuzzKiller

Edited by Ghatazhak

[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,465 posts
6,648 battles
2 hours ago, Ghatazhak said:

If you actually clicked on the link, you will see I am somewhat decent. I am looking for a clan that is very active as far as divisions go, etc. I generally play tiers 6-9 as I am grinding several lines and play anywhere from 5-30 battles per week, depending on how much stupidity I can take at any given time. I do have a tier X. I am ok with CW, but honestly, it has been a bit disappointing in WoWs, as have a lot of things in my life. I am a team player, but will still heckle you if you screw up. I am mature....every now and then. I am an old fart at 46 years old with severely deteriorating hand/eye coordination and situational awareness, but act 45 most of the time so it is not an issue. If you get an enemy ship down to low health, you can count on me the steal the kill. If torps are heading my way, I WILL get on the other side of you  so you take the damage. Yeah, I am pretty awesome. The one thing I do have going for me is I do not TK. Hit me up if you are interested or if you want to be heckled. I may not be the best looking player, or the smartest player or....oh hell, now I am just depressed. Hugs and kisses on all your pinks parts, Ghatazhak.

A player like yourself would be a nice addition to POPCORN, with that attitude, besides, we need people who like both teamwork, sharing ideas and helping others to progress and improve (we are always looking for mature, and intelligent, if eccentric, players who can teach us a thing or two). Best way to decide if we are a good fit, is to pop into our discord, hang out a couple of days, and see how it feels, no obligations, no regrets. see sig.

• Cool 1

[SCCC]
Members
705 posts
5,457 battles

Look Guy, Let me lay this out as simple as I can for you. You have less than 1k battles, there is no way you know as much as you think based off of your sarcastic yet snarky original post, so I wanted to test your attitude which is why I asked you the question the way I did. Your answer just confirmed my assumption I gathered about you form your post. We had our pokes back and forth so fair is fair. With that said although your stats at mid tiers are decent, the sample size is low. Although your stats at high tiers are "decent", the sample size is extremely low. The majority of your battles are low tiers and there is no way you have learned what you need to know for competitive play at those tiers. If you already know what you need to know then this is probably a reroll account but we wont get into that. Your stats were never the issue. The issue was your low amount of battles at tiers that matter, the obvious free XPing past ships to get to high tiers without learning lessons valuable to high tier game play combined with your attitude. You simply just aren't what RUST/OXIDE is looking for in our community.

Regarding my "need to put you down" or whatever. No, I'm just being honest with you. If you can't take it and want to take it personal then go ahead. Bring up WoT, fine, I still don't have a clue what you were referring to. I moved on by that point but you brought up other stuff and tried to make it personal. That is fine...you do you. I'm moving on. Have fun in POPCORN. You will fit in there.

And before you say you didn't try to make it personal...don't act like you didn't send me a PM talking crap. At least I have the balls to say what I need to say upfront.

@Ghatazhak

Edited by smf117
  • Bad 1
  • Angry 1

[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,465 posts
6,648 battles
1 hour ago, smf117 said:

And before you say you didn't try to make it personal...don't act like you didn't send me a PM talking crap. At least I have the balls to say what I need to say upfront.

actually personal disputes are not encouraged on the forums, and forumites are encourage to take such duels to private messages / out to the back alley. While as far anyone who reads this public forum exchange can see, the only toxic hostility on display, is from yourself, and it appears, unwarranted. 

1 hour ago, smf117 said:

You simply just aren't what RUST/OXIDE is looking for in our community.

then why are you replying to his "looking for a clan" advertisement? If you are not interested in this potential recruit, then your posts can only amount to one possible thing.

Fair winds scrub.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[SCCC]
Members
705 posts
5,457 battles
2 minutes ago, nuttybiscuit said:

actually personal disputes are not encouraged on the forums, and forumites are encourage to take such duels to private messages / out to the back alley. While as far anyone who reads this public forum exchange can see, the only toxic hostility on display, is from yourself, and it appears, unwarranted. 

then why are you replying to his "looking for a clan" advertisement? If you are not interested in this potential recruit, then your posts can only amount to one possible thing.

Fair winds scrub.

lol you two are meant for each other. So long.

Members
3 posts
18 battles
10 hours ago, smf117 said:

SMF it is obvious that  the player is having a little fun with the post, could you not see the sarcasm in the post title? If not, you need to change your name to 'Drax' from GotG...take things too literal. For recruiting, I wonder what kind of players your clan gets if this is how you treat people. Loosen up and have some fun, it is a game after all. 

Him sending you a PM, seems like he took the high road by doing so. I would have called you out right here. He repeatedly told you to move on but you kept at it. You were trying to put him down and then you finish it with taking a shot at the clan POPCORN who had said nothing to you. Grow up. 

Edited by YouScratchedMyAnchor
  • Cool 2

[RUSHB]
Members
138 posts
2,104 battles

OK SMF, you want me to put it in the open, here you go. This is what I sent him in PM: Stop pounding your chest dude and trying to put me down. I average more damage in my friggin Phoenix than you do in your tier X's so save it. And in all seriousness, what are you going to teach me? I damn well know how to shoot, angle my hull, etc etc. Do I know it all? HELL NO. I never said that and if you misinterpreted my sarcasm/alcohol infused paragraph in my initial post, that's on you. Is there more for me to learn when playing in a division? Absolutely, That is what I am looking for, seeing as how 80+% of my battles are solo. But at least I can admit that. And maybe I misinterpreted what you meant saying I was 'trending in the right direction'. But it sure seemed you get your rocks off acting like a pompous, holier-than-thou prick. Maybe I am wrong, but that sure is how you are acting tonight. And thanks a lot for taking away from my lovely buzz some...not a lot, but some.

• Funny 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,706 posts
11,323 battles

@Ghatazhak Come check out the Syndicate, hop on our discord and see if it looks like the kinda place you're looking for. We are casual and put fun first, though we still try to be competitive. Saturday night we are hosting a open scrimmage if that sounds fun to you,

Discord: https://discord.gg/b2jzUzQ

[RUSHB]
Members
138 posts
2,104 battles
27 minutes ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

@Ghatazhak Come check out the Syndicate, hop on our discord and see if it looks like the kinda place you're looking for. We are casual and put fun first, though we still try to be competitive. Saturday night we are hosting a open scrimmage if that sounds fun to you,

Discord: https://discord.gg/b2jzUzQ

I might take you up on the scrim. What time?

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,706 posts
11,323 battles
2 hours ago, Ghatazhak said:

I might take you up on the scrim. What time?

8-11pm CST Saturday night. I am hoping to make it a weekly thing (during the CB interim).

[D12]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,064 posts
8,834 battles

Ya, I would assume an account reroll. but luck on your clan finding.

[RUSHB]
Members
138 posts
2,104 battles
19 minutes ago, Nachoo31 said:

Ya, I would assume an account reroll. but luck on your clan finding.

I can see your reason for thinking this and it makes sense. When I first started playing WoWs, I was using the account I played on WoT. This was before there were clans in the game, but people were forming clan for WoWs already. A lot of these clans back then required you to join their WoT clan, which often were pretty bad in WoT. I was in a top 5 clan in WoT, so was not going to leave it for a Lower clan, so decided to play a different account in WoWs. This was just over 2 years ago. So if you want to call me a reroll, ,so be it. 

[SCCC]
Members
705 posts
5,457 battles
13 hours ago, YouScratchedMyAnchor said:

SMF it is obvious that  the player is having a little fun with the post, could you not see the sarcasm in the post title? If not, you need to change your name to 'Drax' from GotG...take things too literal. For recruiting, I wonder what kind of players your clan gets if this is how you treat people. Loosen up and have some fun, it is a game after all. 

Him sending you a PM, seems like he took the high road by doing so. I would have called you out right here. He repeatedly told you to move on but you kept at it. You were trying to put him down and then you finish it with taking a shot at the clan POPCORN who had said nothing to you. Grow up. 

Drax is pretty awesome so I'll take that as a compliment. I moved on, it was only after he took it personal that I re-engaged. (Sending a PM and bringing up tanks for some reason) We have gotten some really enjoyable players into our clans, we just don't have room for the elitist attitude that this guy has. Not sure how talking trash in a PM is taking the high road but okay, that is your opinion. I didn't take a shot at clan POPCORN, I just know how they are there based off experiences with their players and frankly...they are a good fit for each other. Hhmmm, maybe there are things you don't know that are the reasons I say what I say. GG GL HF

[SCCC]
Members
705 posts
5,457 battles
13 hours ago, Ghatazhak said:

OK SMF, you want me to put it in the open, here you go. This is what I sent him in PM: Stop pounding your chest dude and trying to put me down. I average more damage in my friggin Phoenix than you do in your tier X's so save it. And in all seriousness, what are you going to teach me? I damn well know how to shoot, angle my hull, etc etc. Do I know it all? HELL NO. I never said that and if you misinterpreted my sarcasm/alcohol infused paragraph in my initial post, that's on you. Is there more for me to learn when playing in a division? Absolutely, That is what I am looking for, seeing as how 80+% of my battles are solo. But at least I can admit that. And maybe I misinterpreted what you meant saying I was 'trending in the right direction'. But it sure seemed you get your rocks off acting like a pompous, holier-than-thou prick. Maybe I am wrong, but that sure is how you are acting tonight. And thanks a lot for taking away from my lovely buzz some...not a lot, but some.

Hey man, I was just asking a simple question in an attempt to screen your attitude toward clans. As a recruiter, that is my job. We have no room for elites in our clan. We want to have fun and we already have issues with guys who think they know it all running off good players who are enjoyable to div with. Yes, you took it way to personally. As far as your PM and Phoenix comment, cool. Good job. You are good in low tier boat you enjoy. I am happy for you, hopefully you will be just as good in high tier game play because again...it was never your stats that were the issue, simply the low amount of battles you have at competitive tiers where my clans call home combined with what came off as an "I know it all" attitude. That is why I worded the question the way I did. Not because I am an [edited]but because I wanted to trigger the response I thought I would get hoping I was wrong. Now with all that aside...if you are serious about joining a clan, take up Kaptin Wuff and his offer. I've ran in battles with his guys, they are always friendly and they know what they are doing. GL HF

[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,465 posts
6,648 battles

Well we won't be making any derogatory posts about RUST, or any obscure efforts to besmirch them, their clan recruiter is doing sterling work diminishing their reputation. 

Sign in to follow this