zielritter

Banned for SweetFX???

17 comments in this topic

[BEERS]
Members
8 posts
5,823 battles

I've been running SweetFX for a long, long time now and out of nowhere I get a first strike warning (which went straight to my junk box, causing me to miss it, although nothing else from WG does.....thanks for that) and then a subsequent 7-day ban for using "illegal modifications".  First of all, if you're going to cut someone's account at least make a reasonable effort to contact them THROUGH THE CLIENT to make sure you're not the one making a mistake.  I've spent so much time and money on this game and you're going to ban me out of nowhere with the only notification being a [edited] email?  I think that's [edited] customer service and treatment, especially towards someone who has helped "wallet warrior" your payroll.  Seriously, screw you guys.

• Funny 2
  • Bad 1

[NDA]
Supertester
3,896 posts
1,472 battles

They made a big deal about those mods a few months back. Sorry you missed the memo.

• Cool 1

[PLPT]
Members
9,915 posts
10,297 battles
20 minutes ago, kerensky914 said:

They made a big deal about those mods a few months back. Sorry you missed the memo.

AbYpu3Y.jpg

[BEERS]
Members
8 posts
5,823 battles

Well, I have a toddler so the extent of my gaming is a few before I crash at night after he goes to bed. I don't have the time nor desire to read forums regularly. I don't recall seeing anything on the launcher about it. 

[NDA]
Supertester
3,896 posts
1,472 battles
55 minutes ago, zielritter said:

Well, I have a toddler so the extent of my gaming is a few before I crash at night after he goes to bed. I don't have the time nor desire to read forums regularly. I don't recall seeing anything on the launcher about it. 

Probably would have had to go to the 'NEWS' section.  I'm assuming you probably don't look there often, either.  I know I don't but then I see most stuff on here anyway.

Anyway, water under the bridge at this point.  I'd file a support ticket, explain it as you have in your post here, and mention that you'll disable and delete the offending mod.  Perhaps they'll reinstate you early.  Or by the time they get around to it, the week might already be up.  :/

Hopefully you'll at least be able to come back and play with what you've already accumulated.

[NDA]
Supertester
3,896 posts
1,472 battles
12 minutes ago, Arthur_Dayne said:

when will WG realize that ANY mod should be considered a cheat

I suppose people who turn off foliage to increase their framerate are cheaters as well?  After all, it is possible that they might be able to better see ships behind islands somehow.  You know, I hear the IRS is hiring...

[BEERS]
Members
8 posts
5,823 battles
7 hours ago, kerensky914 said:

Probably would have had to go to the 'NEWS' section.  I'm assuming you probably don't look there often, either.  I know I don't but then I see most stuff on here anyway.

Anyway, water under the bridge at this point.  I'd file a support ticket, explain it as you have in your post here, and mention that you'll disable and delete the offending mod.  Perhaps they'll reinstate you early.  Or by the time they get around to it, the week might already be up.  :/

Hopefully you'll at least be able to come back and play with what you've already accumulated.

I did file a support ticket immediately after venting to you guys. What sucks too is I had some time this weekend to play a bit and now that plan is ruined. Just frustrating all around to me. 

[BEERS]
Members
8 posts
5,823 battles

Well I got my response to the ticket and it was lame. Basically said go read our policy, bye now.  Straight copy and paste job and no consideration of the circumstances.  So thanks for that WG. Nice service model.  The [edited]gutter guard salesperson puts more effort into listening to me complaints than you do. 

[NEMO]
[NEMO]
Members
750 posts
6,836 battles
20 hours ago, Arthur_Dayne said:

when will WG realize that ANY mod should be considered a cheat

WG deliberately made the game moddable right from the start.....

[W-G]
Members
127 posts
On 1/28/2018 at 11:39 AM, Mary_Jane_Jackson said:

Why spend money on a free game.  Spend it on the toddler instead.

HEAR, HEAR!!

i used to spend oodles of money on this game, premium ships, premium time, premium consumables, premium camo, etc.  then i learned what a-holes WG customer service is when their system fugs up and they refuse to reimburse me for lost time an money.  now they are only getting a minuscule fraction of what i use to spend.  the only thing i spend money on these days are port slots, cause i refuse to sell T3 or higher ships.