Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
capncrunch21

Novik armament question

4 comments in this topic

[SIMP]
Members
990 posts

Hi everyone,

I recently picked up the Tier 2 Novik. Yes, I know she has a rep for being terrible combat-wise but she is a pretty good looking ship.

I do have a question about the armament onboard her. According to the limited info I can find, she historically had 6 main guns (and a number of smaller secondaries that WG says are too small to count). However the game's 'B' hull upgrade replaces one of the secondary guns on each side with another main gun mount. Was this historically correct? Or is this WG 'fudging' reality to try to make the Novik better?

Thanks for any expert naval history help with this. :fish_book:

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
1,710 posts
9,398 battles
On 1/26/2018 at 11:41 AM, capncrunch21 said:

Or is this WG 'fudging' reality to try to make the Novik better?

do you think the game play better after the B hull or not ?

[SIMP]
Members
990 posts
8 hours ago, ObiwankzKenobi said:

do you think the game play better after the B hull or not ?

Actually I think its worse.

That extra gun has a terrible firing angle, which forces a player to show a huge amount of broadside to get it to work. The paltry amount of extra hit points on the 'B' hull in no way compensates for all the extra damage the ship takes for trying to use that extra gun.

What Wargaming should have done is kept the historical gun layout, added the extra hit points and maneuverability, but simply made the existing guns more accurate on the 'B' hull to increase the DPS instead of adding more guns.

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
1,710 posts
9,398 battles
1 hour ago, capncrunch21 said:

What Wargaming should have done is kept the historical gun layout, added the extra hit points and maneuverability, but simply made the existing guns more accurate on the 'B' hull to increase the DPS instead of adding more guns.

everyone had different opinion and game play style, you can make the suggestion as above to WoWs

Sign in to follow this