Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Desmios

Currency Unification

19 comments in this topic

Members
537 posts
2,753 battles

Any idea why WoWs does not share gold with WoTrash and WoWp like the other games do?

• Bad 1

[-THOR]
Members
547 posts
3,108 battles

still not sure. I haven't checked yet but are they worth more or something?

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
6,050 battles

Because WG originally promised unified currency, then right at release, reneged, few where angered, and therefore WG shoved that cork way up our butt, like way up there. It was the first cork in butt from WG regarding WoWS. After that, many corks followed.

[STP]
[STP]
Beta Testers
2,022 posts
11,126 battles

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

But you can use your and buy premium acc in wot/wop, the premium acc is shared with wows too.

[CMFRT]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
693 posts
1,687 battles

I really really wish they would unify the gold economy at the very least. I get not doing it for free XP (especially since we can buy ships for it in WoWs) but gold really needs to be unified. Or atleast allowed to be transferred.

[90THD]
Alpha Tester, Members, Beta Testers
3,486 posts
11,175 battles

it's because the  overall economy is bloated compared to wot or wowp  the difference  in credit prices is 14 million credits (over 20M creds for a teir X in wows compared to 6,100.000 in wowp and wot.

this is the main reason.

• Bad 1

Members
537 posts
2,753 battles
18 minutes ago, xThecanadianx said:

it's because the  overall economy is bloated compared to wot or wowp  the difference  in credit prices is 14 million credits (over 20M creds for a teir X in wows compared to 6,100.000 in wowp and wot.

this is the main reason.

We are talking about gold though, not credits

WoTrash is super stingy with credits -- and that is their golden goose -- so I know they'd never want to make earning credits easier.

Edited by Desmios

[90THD]
3,486 posts
11,175 battles
2 minutes ago, Desmios said:

We are talking about gold though, not credits

WoTrash is super stingy with credits -- and that is their golden goose -- so I know they'd never want to make earning credits easier.

it  does include credits though as you cant get equal equivalent amounts from wowp  and wot into wows as well as experience, the earnings are expanded almost 2 fold.  this does translate into gold as your getting more value in wows from it, which would wreck the economies of the other 2 games.

• Bad 1

[CMFRT]
693 posts
1,687 battles
12 minutes ago, xThecanadianx said:

it  does include credits though as you cant get equal equivalent amounts from wowp  and wot into wows as well as experience, the earnings are expanded almost 2 fold.  this does translate into gold as your getting more value in wows from it, which would wreck the economies of the other 2 games.

If the only thing that is unified is gold... nothing else matters.

[90THD]
3,486 posts
11,175 battles
Just now, Avalon304 said:

If the only thing that is unified is gold... nothing else matters.

wow repeating  myself again pull your head out of your [edited]

gold is worth more in wows...what part of that can you not [edited]figure out?

• Bad 1

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,298 battles
16 minutes ago, xThecanadianx said:

No need to be a rude jerk.

[CMFRT]
693 posts
1,687 battles
25 minutes ago, xThecanadianx said:

Because it really isnt worth more.

In WoT free XP conversion is 1 gold  = 25 free XP and credit conversion is 1 gold = 400 credits (where the average tier 10 tank costs roughly 6.1million credits). The price of a tier 10 tank in gold is 15,125 gold, roughly, depending on the tank.

In WoWs free XP conversion is still 1 gold = 25 free XP, meaning the value of gold to free xp conversion is exactly the same. Credit conversion is 1 gold = 1500 credits. But the price of an average tier 10 ship is ~20million credits (give or take a million).  The price of a tier 10 ship is 13,334 gold, roughly depending on the ship.

Thats a difference of 1,791 gold. But beyond that... gold is the same price for both games. If you go into the premium shop and look: buying a 6,500 gold package still costs $29.79. Golds value between the games, in terms of value per dollar spent is so minuscule that it doesnt actually matter, in terms of bottom line to Wargaming. Further more: if the only thing that is shared between all 3 games is the gold itself then you arent actually able to affect the other games economies. Even free XP conversion wouldnt actually be an issue, since the conversion rate is identical between all 3 of the 'World of' titles, however because of Free XP ships now existing in WoWs, I can see why WG wouldnt want WoT players to be able to use the large backstores of convertible XP accumulated in WoT/WoWp to easily be able to get them.

But in realistic terms, no gold is no more valuable in WoWs than it is in WoT. Conversion rates for free XP are identical, and conversion rates for credits are so close that it doesnt actually matter in any meaningful way. And when gold is the only shared resource, and it costs the same real world value no matter where you buy it, the other games are unaffected, because you wont be able to use credits/XP converted in WoWs on tanks WoT or planes in WoWP. The only way the other games economies actually get affected is if you allow free XP or credits converted in WoWs to be used in the other two titles.

The net benefit of unifiying gold between the 3 games is that people will be more likely to purchase gold because it can be used everywhere.

EDIT: and just for giggles, I wanted to see how many credits WoT would have to give you per gold to get the same rough "value" as WoWs. The amount of credits WoT would have to give you for 1 gold is 457.5 credits. Thats 57.5 more credits. That is... effectively nothing.

Members
67 posts
4,712 battles

I suspect only WG knows the true reason but I believe it is due to the sheer amount of gold many people have stockpiled in WoT as clan war rewards. If they were able to spent it in WoWs they would have little incentive to spent any $.

[CMFRT]
693 posts
1,687 battles
12 minutes ago, Baralis said:

I suspect only WG knows the true reason but I believe it is due to the sheer amount of gold many people have stockpiled in WoT as clan war rewards. If they were able to spent it in WoWs they would have little incentive to spent any $.

This is probably the most likely situation, rather than anything else. (In that WG is worried about their short term profits off of gold). But its such a small problem, affecting an even smaller subset of users, that its not worth worrying about if only the gold itself can be used across all 3 games. Short term it means less money spent, until that gold runs out (and WoT CW has been neutered in terms of gold payouts anyway), and then people start buying gold again, and are probably more likely to because their investment can now be used across multiple games. It means gold actually can get used up quicker, if you play both games (or all 3), meaning you need to buy more gold more often. It'll drive long term sales way way better than the current set up does.

[OPG]
[OPG]
188 posts
5,437 battles
1 hour ago, Baralis said:

This is the answer. Back before WoWs came out, clannies were stockpiling gold from tourney wins to buy everything they would ever need in WOWs. They were burnt out on tanks and would never spend the 100k plus gold they had saved on Tanks. They were super butt hurt, understandably,  when they went back on their word and now currently play zero WG titles.

[BBC]
Members
908 posts
12,243 battles

as a ex gold league player,  act`ive in tourneys etc  i had over 120K in gold at one time in WOT.   still have 60K and 1+ year of prem time. been in boats for 2 years now so i just use that gold for my year of on sale prem at 20400.

Sign in to follow this