You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Lert

My highest damage match so far, 242k, Musashi

45 comments in this topic

[HINON]
Supertester
18,902 posts
12,435 battles

My previous record holder was Warspite, with 231k. This was coincidentally the only time I broke the 200k to begin with, in my career of nearly 10k PvP matches. Came close a few times with 199k on Kutuzov, 198k on Tirpitz and 186k on Fletcher, but that magical 200k barrier remained for the most part elusive. Until today.

And people said she was worthless ...

lqupYN2.jpg

Almost a million credits. Almost.

Spoiler

WCu5Vrc.jpg

Shout out to Pence14 in the Missouri, who truly had a monster game as well. A well earned 'Plays well' was handed out.

agY79ap.jpg

39QxsdH.jpg

Replay here.

It didn't start out very well, was having trouble landing my shots, trouble finding the right targets. Then halfway through the match it turned around and I found my groove, started swinging big, using angling and overmatch to bully some big battleships into submission.

Second shout out to the team in general for focusing down an Iowa that was in my face, when I called for it.

And final shout out to the red team for being worthy opponents, fighting tooth and nail, without any salt.

@Lord_Zath, maybe a replay worthy of your replay theater?

• Cool 10
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 1

[SIM]
Members
2,423 posts
4,060 battles

My best is around 154k, which doesn’t top my 168k Harekaze performance, but is still respectable for my baked potato self. Heck of a game, Lert! :Smile_honoring:

[-SYN-]
Members
212 posts
4,240 battles

Nice, seems she can really throw up the numbers in the right circumstances. 

My best so far is 197.5k with Missouri, haven't quite cracked the 200k mark. 

[-TAB-]
Members
1,597 posts
5,126 battles

nice battle, lert

so far, highest is 225k in a defeat, 2 kills, Zao. have several 200k + battles in her, all were losses. 36% 'win' rate. :o(

much happier with 125k kraken carry in my littul Bogatyr (10 pt captain). the only reason I was playing it was @Lert said it was fun. :o) 

Edited by not_acceptable

[HINON]
Supertester
18,902 posts
12,435 battles
9 minutes ago, OstwindFlakpanzer said:

congrats!   just out of curiousity how do you have her and her commander outfitted?

6xMSfDj.jpg

5 minutes ago, not_acceptable said:

the only reason I was playing it was @Lert said it was fun. :o)

And, was I right? :Smile_Default:

My record in Bogatyr is 139k, but I'm usually happy when I top 50k in her.

• Bad 1

Members
1,771 posts
17,309 battles
10 minutes ago, Lert said:

nearly 10k PvP matches

Very Well Done...almost at the 10k PvP myself & 178k in Izumo is still my max damage (although have had a few battles in DDs that would have topped that had the time/points not run out before that torpedo salvo that would have annihilated that very lucky BB had been able to make it to their target...lol).

Gotta say I'm surprised you (as a super tester) haven't reached that plateau before (I kinda stereotype super testers in my mind as the 300k+ damage/battle unicums).

Again Very Well Done...& Well Done on the shout out to not only your team but the reds as well...only thing better than an awesome battle is an awesome battle where the whole team jives & the reds make you earn it instead of just laying down & handing it to you.

[HINON]
Supertester
18,902 posts
12,435 battles
3 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

(I kinda stereotype super testers in my mind as the 300k+ damage/battle unicums)

Ha, far from. There are a few royal purples among the ST group but the vast majority of us are still just regular home grown, Mk I human beings.

• Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[BROOK]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,980 posts

Priority Target on a Japanese BB Admiral. That's pretty funny. Because you need to be told if people are firing at you in ships that can be seen from orbit.

• Bad 2

[HINON]
Supertester
18,902 posts
12,435 battles
2 minutes ago, TornadoADV said:

Priority Target on a Japanese BB Admiral. That's pretty funny. Because you need to be told if people are firing at you in ships that can be seen from orbit.

It's knowing the difference between having 2 people shoot at you or 8. It helps me know when to push and when not to, when to be aggressive and when to go dark. Just being lit doesn't mean people are actively targeting me. Plus, it's only 1 point and the other first tier skills are a bit naff.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[NDA]
Supertester
3,896 posts
1,472 battles
12 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Gotta say I'm surprised you (as a super tester) haven't reached that plateau before (I kinda stereotype super testers in my mind as the 300k+ damage/battle unicums).

11 minutes ago, Lert said:

Ha, far from. There are a few royal purples among the ST group but the vast majority of us are still just regular home grown, Mk I human beings.

And some of us are bottom feeders.  After all, if only unicums are testers, then every ship will get nerfed into oblivion before release.  The devs want to see how they perform for unicums, decent players, and potatoes (and I am *definitely* in the latter group)

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,128 posts
8,749 battles

That is only about 80k more than my highest, grats.

6B2KxB1.jpg

[TAFY3]
Members
331 posts
7,114 battles
13 minutes ago, Lert said:

It's knowing the difference between having 2 people shoot at you or 8. It helps me know when to push and when not to, when to be aggressive and when to go dark. Just being lit doesn't mean people are actively targeting me. Plus, it's only 1 point and the other first tier skills are a bit naff.

I absolutely agree, priority target is great on BBs and helps me avoid stupid decisions.  (sometimes)

So I have  a skad of high damage games in my high damage ships like Grosser K and Conq.  I think I have 265 and 270 respectively.  My problem is I am always damage farming, switching targets to whomever gives me a better angle and oftentimes don't finish ships off.

[RQL]
[RQL]
Beta Testers
627 posts
13,530 battles
1 hour ago, Lert said:

My previous record holder was Warspite, with 231k. This was coincidentally the only time I broke the 200k to begin with, in my career of nearly 10k PvP matches. Came close a few times with 199k on Kutuzov, 198k on Tirpitz and 186k on Fletcher, but that magical 200k barrier remained for the most part elusive. Until today.

And people said she was worthless ...

lqupYN2.jpg

Almost a million credits. Almost.

Reveal hidden contents

WCu5Vrc.jpg

Shout out to Pence14 in the Missouri, who truly had a monster game as well. A well earned 'Plays well' was handed out.

agY79ap.jpg

39QxsdH.jpg

Replay here.

It didn't start out very well, was having trouble landing my shots, trouble finding the right targets. Then halfway through the match it turned around and I found my groove, started swinging big, using angling and overmatch to bully some big battleships into submission.

Second shout out to the team in general for focusing down an Iowa that was in my face, when I called for it.

And final shout out to the red team for being worthy opponents, fighting tooth and nail, without any salt.

@Lord_Zath, maybe a replay worthy of your replay theater?

Very good battle and you almost broke the 1 million credit mark as well!

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles

Ayy, congrats on the game! 

My top damage was almost the exact same, 242,444.

[BROOK]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,980 posts
1 hour ago, Lert said:

If you need a cheat device to make up for situational awareness, that's on you. I prefer Preventative Maintenance.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,128 posts
8,749 battles
1 hour ago, TornadoADV said:

1 hour ago, Lert said:

2 minutes ago, TornadoADV said:

If you need a cheat device to make up for situational awareness, that's on you. I prefer Preventative Maintenance.

The real difference is are people actually targeting you. Without PT any time you are detected you have to treat it as someone(s) are targeting you even if they are busy elsewhere. My personal record for the number of players targeting me is 8 and there were only 9 still alive on the enemy team.

[HINON]
Supertester
18,902 posts
12,435 battles
9 minutes ago, TornadoADV said:

Yes, because using a tool readily available to you is 'cheating', using something that gives you more information and is readily available to everyone playing this game in the base client is 'cheating'.

The fact that you actually typed that up and posted it tells me enough about you.

[-DPF-]
Members
769 posts
8,085 battles

Good job Lert!  My personal best was 209,141 in Montana.  After meeting you in your Bogatyr, I have been working more with mine as well, and having a blast!  50K and up damage is a great game.  That ship also teaches a lot about how to stay at range, keep moving, and lay fire down on everything in range!

[DAY]
Members
1,154 posts
11,500 battles

I'm gonna be "that jerk" and say this wouldve been a 300k game were you in your yamato

[AR15]
Members
393 posts
2,779 battles

Nice game Lert! I see you have your captain set up similar to mine.  People under rate concealment on Yamato, NC is touted as having awesome concealment same with the Iowa but Yamato and Musashi are only a whole 1km detection more.  Popping up at 13km in a Yamato class BB from a cruiser tends to bring out the brown pants crew pretty quick.  Also being able to go dark and relocate without eating cits from the side as you turn is nice.