You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
NeutralState

Cannot into BBs, Apparently

21 comments in this topic

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
6,031 battles

So a picture says a thousand words, I cannot into BBs.

Everyone's Missouri and Frederick the Great are averaging 100k per game, I'm here literally scraping the bottom in damage done but somehow still wins games.

Anyone else finding 420mm gun on Frederick just literally can't hit crap? 

image.thumb.png.adc79c78f02903ba2e161ee89f9deb29.png

[CAPGO]
Members
511 posts
3,261 battles

Im comfortable in Missouri because I know I am gonna hit the target if I aim good.

But I am having problem with FDG.. FDG is worst exeprience in a bb so far...

How do I play this thing? I am depending my team to win the game in my FDG..

[PT8TO]
Members
1,402 posts
12,810 battles

who says you got to do 100k or more damage to win games in a BB

If i do nothing but destroy or take 3/4 of every cruisers HP for 80K and rack up 2.5 -3 million potential damage and stay alive till the end the wins come more than the losses

Members
1,056 posts
3,689 battles
1 minute ago, GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND said:

If i do nothing but destroy or take 3/4 of every cruisers HP for 80K and rack up 2.5 -3 million potential damage and stay alive till the end the wins come more than the losses

Very low damage but a win.

shot-18.01.24_19.05.49-0708.jpg

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
3,771 posts
12,878 battles

There are things you can do in a ship that gets you zero points that can have a significant IMPACT on winning the game.  If you're playing BBs and getting wins with low damage numbers, don't worry.  If it's a statistical anomaly, that will reveal itself in time.  If the win rate continues, you are doing something that is making those wins possible.  Granted, in most cases the XP or damage statistics should correlate with a win statistic.  But they are by no means required to correlate.

Case point.  I've seen players die early (delivering little damage), but the early play discombobulated the enemy so badly that the surviving members of the Green team cleaned house.  I'm not advocating this approach, only pointing out that in some cases actions that don't correlate to any of the other metrics can have a significant impact on the win metric.

Members
17,763 posts
5,084 battles
29 minutes ago, NeutralState said:

So a picture says a thousand words, I cannot into BBs.

Everyone's Missouri and Frederick the Great are averaging 100k per game, I'm here literally scraping the bottom in damage done but somehow still wins games.

image.thumb.png.adc79c78f02903ba2e161ee89f9deb29.png

I'd say stay with the 406mm guns. At least that way, you get to not hit crap more often lol.

One thing I did, that seems to make playing a bit more comfortable, was ditch the -20% secondary dispersion upgrade for the -7% mains dispersion upgrade.

Edited by Skpstr

[WOLF1]
Members
2,632 posts
8,195 battles
21 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

One thing I did, that seems to make playing a bit more comfortable, was ditch the -20% secondary dispersion upgrade for the -7% mains dispersion upgrade.

But I like my pew pew!

[-K-]
Members
5,061 posts
8,934 battles
49 minutes ago, GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND said:

Just like if your BB kills 4 DD's but only racks up 50k damage, that's still a huge benefit to the team.

Contributions to a win aren't always as defined as pure raw damage numbers.

Edited by Ace_04

[PT8TO]
Members
1,402 posts
12,810 battles
1 minute ago, Ace_04 said:

Just like if your BB kills 4 DD's but only racks up 50k damage, that's still a huge benefit to the team.

Contributions to a win aren't always as defined as pure raw damage numbers.

And it happens more often than you think, The BB becomes the DD slayer.

Which i always tend to let the guys who are suppose to be taking out the DD's know.

[PT8TO]
Members
1,402 posts
12,810 battles
15 minutes ago, PelicanHazard said:

But I like my pew pew!

I agree, did the same thing in my Kurfurst,  only have like 10.2 range for secondaries now but overall the ship is more comfy to play.

If i had replied to Skpstr  which i just now realized i screwed up lol,  sorry pelican

Edited by GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND

Members
17,763 posts
5,084 battles
57 minutes ago, GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND said:

I agree, did the same thing in my Kurfurst,  only have like 10.2 range for secondaries now but overall the ship is more comfy to play.

If i had replied to Skpstr  which i just now realized i screwed up lol,  sorry pelican

TBH, I dropped AFT too, for FP.

Still have 8.4 range IIRC, and MFCS works well against DDs that show up nearby.

I just found that I was getting 2 fires more often than I was getting appreciable damage out of my secondaries at 10+km. (not much of a brawler, I prefer mid-range)

[SWOB]
Members
2,705 posts
15,512 battles
2 hours ago, NeutralState said:

I'm here literally scraping the bottom in damage done but somehow still wins games.

Well, I wouldn't put your 44% WR in the MO in this category, but you are doing fine in the FDG. Some ships just don't click like others regardless of how well other players seem to do in them.

I was just the opposite. I'm doing ok in the MO (60% WR over 300 games), but if I ever play the FDG again (48% WR), it'll be under threat of death.

Members
17,763 posts
5,084 battles
11 minutes ago, SteelClaw said:

This is why WTR is garbage. If you are doing your part and winning that is what counts. 

If you are doing your job and winning, your WTR will reflect that, as WR is part of it.

Just like WR, you need a decent sample size, because yeah, there will be games where you couldn't hit the broadside of a barn, but made a meaningful contribution, and others where you soloed 3 BBs, but lost the match.

And of course, there's likely players that consistently play in such a manner as to produce anomalies. 

But for most players, WTR is a fair indicator of ability.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,034 posts
12,515 battles
2 hours ago, NeutralState said:

Don't use those, they're pretty much a downgrade all around. They reload slower, aren't any more accurate, and in my experience, tend to overpen cruisers more often. They don't overmatch anything that the 406 didn't, and there are very few situations where the 406 would bounce but the 420 wouldn't.

Members
3,408 posts
6,070 battles

Am I the only one that can't even begin to figure out the subject and what it means or trying to convey?

[DAY]
Members
1,154 posts
11,500 battles

you mean fredrich the gross.....

that ship tortures me, tortures me even more than izumo

[KP]
Members
1,995 posts
18,375 battles
5 hours ago, Skpstr said:

I'd say stay with the 406mm guns. At least that way, you get to not hit crap more often lol.

Why buff a 9mm pistol when you have a 240B MG. I always buff main guns. You hit way more Citadels than without out it. Citadels win games, long range secondaries are just there for amusement and rarely do enough damage beyond 8KM on a moving Target to justify the use.

Edited by IronMike11B4O

Members
17,763 posts
5,084 battles
53 minutes ago, IronMike11B4O said:

Why buff a 9mm pistol when you have a 240B MG. I always buff main guns. You hit way more Citadels than without out it. Citadels win games, long range secondaries are just there for amusement and rarely do enough damage beyond 8KM on a moving Target to justify the use.

That's what I found too. It was ok for some added random damage, but not for the price. 

The idea with Bismarck (where my FdG capt. came from) was to get into more brawling. But I found that it's just not my cup of tea. I prefer 10-14km range.

Edited by Skpstr

Members
1,125 posts
6,685 battles

FdG guns are notorious for shooting into 3 different maps at the same time.  If you are looking for consistency out of the guns, you are looking at the wrong ship.

i would say that you could probably dump the 2ndary build for survival and be better off.  You can still keep manual 2ndaries or aft if you want to still have some what potent 2ndaries.  survival works in every game, where as secondary only really works if you can get into a spot where they can pay off consistently.  Depending on the team/maps, you may never really get a great chance to make use of them.   of course when you spec into 2ndaries, you also get better AA.  with all the AP bomb CVs around, you may want the AA to try and pick a few planes off before they strike.  You are such a large, clumsy ship, with a humongous super structure that some survival skills are wanted.

Overall, i think the FdG is just a meh ship.  its one redeeming factor is if you can rush at the right time and cause all sorts of chaos.  i have a 2ndary build myself.  It is ok i guess.  I mainly keep it so it offers different gameplay from my other BBs.   If i went for a survival build on it, it wouldn't be that different from the others which would make the game really stale.  

edit:  yes, meaningful damage is more important than just getting a high #.  i've had 50k damage games where i felt i did more to win the game than i did doing 150k.  the stat sheets everyone is constantly using to compare players/ships doesn't really show quality damage. 

Edited by Frederick_The_Great

Members
9,434 posts
11,601 battles

i got rid of full secondary build on fdg and gk.           worked better after I did that.