You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
alexf24

PT 0.7.2 has a few CVs - just a few

71 comments in this topic

[TBW]
Members
6,354 posts
11,904 battles
20 minutes ago, alexf24 said:

Behold:

dRTTzuJ.png

It's 7.1 by the way.

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,123 posts
18,640 battles

and there is a mission for the dragon flags that require 75k of damage done in a CV.

[OO7]
Alpha Tester
6,705 posts
3,468 battles

Hope we get some conclusive evidence on this change. I feel like it's going to be bad, and my bigger frustration is how they can nerf the Midway without addressing the Lexington yet again.

• Cool 1

[VVV]
Beta Testers
799 posts
5,155 battles

7.2 and no French BB's? SAD FACE! Hopefully we'll be testing 7.3 before 7.1 is out too. :D

[NSF]
Beta Testers
4,988 posts
5,724 battles

More duct tape and bailing wire to hold together CVs...

Members
16 posts
2,777 battles

It said public test would start at 10;30pm EST today...  so this evening in about 9hrs.  Is the Public test server already up and running now?

[WOLF5]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
2,259 posts
24,847 battles
37 minutes ago, Madwolf05 said:

Hope we get some conclusive evidence on this change. I feel like it's going to be bad, and my bigger frustration is how they can nerf the Midway without addressing the Lexington yet again.

Just remember.

We were told that the WG balancing department is to be trusted and that they know what they are doing.

:Smile_popcorn:

[5D]
Members
605 posts
7,026 battles
12 minutes ago, REZ_0311 said:

Dear WG, Why do you hate US CV's so much?

It's not as bad as it sounds. Midways fighters will dominate a Hakuryu's fighters many times. Even an AS Hakuryuu will have difficulty against a Midway if the Midway plays its cards right. They nerf it to Tier 9 so that both carrier's fighters will be on equal ground. 

[WOLF1]
Members
2,632 posts
8,240 battles
15 minutes ago, JPDestroy said:

It said public test would start at 10;30pm EST today...  so this evening in about 9hrs.  Is the Public test server already up and running now?

Starts Jan. 25 at 08:30 PT (11:30 ET)
Ends Jan. 29 at 05:00 PT (08:00 ET)

Test server went up 1130 AM.

[WOLF2]
Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles

So, a bunch of people who never play CV are going to go to test, play Midway, see their planes get shredded, get owned, and complain about a nerf, even though they have 0 games to compare it to?

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,226 posts
3,871 battles
2 minutes ago, cometguy said:

So, a bunch of people who never play CV are going to go to test, play Midway, see their planes get shredded, get owned, and complain about a nerf, even though they have 0 games to compare it to?

Why not? They have just as much experience in carriers as the devs balancing them do.

• Cool 5
  • Funny 4
  • Bad 1

[WOLF2]
Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles
3 minutes ago, AraAragami said:

Why not? They have just as much experience in carriers as the devs balancing them do.

True, but I think it will do more harm than good in getting us to the end goal.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,226 posts
3,871 battles
3 minutes ago, cometguy said:

True, but I think it will do more harm than good in getting us to the end goal.

Like WG actually cares?

I've lost a lot of faith with the devs over stuff like this. It no longer surprises me. Incompetence, arrogance (IE: Never undoing a change that was found to be detrimental, stubbornly sticking to obviously bad balance decisions), and an existence in a vacuum of feedback have become the expectation, especially in relation to carriers.

Edited by AraAragami
  • Bad 2

[WOLF2]
Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles
2 minutes ago, AraAragami said:

Like WG actually cares?

I've lost a lot of faith with the devs over stuff like this. It no longer surprises me. Incompetence, arrogance (IE: Never undoing a change that was found to be detrimental, stubbornly sticking to obviously bad balance decisions), and an existence in a vacuum of feedback have become the expectation, especially in relation to carriers.

Fair enough. Although if people we're trying out high tier CVs without the contexts of nerfs/buffs then maybe at least the player base could learn something about CV play, rather than going in with confirmation bias price.ed and loaded. But that probably wouldn't happen either.

Members
2,218 posts
4,051 battles
18 minutes ago, cometguy said:

To be fair people complained about t8 TBs until it went live and became the most feared cv in the hame, again.

[DENY2]
[DENY2]
Members
64 posts
1,767 battles
36 minutes ago, AdmiralMudkip said:

It's not as bad as it sounds. Midways fighters will dominate a Hakuryu's fighters many times. Even an AS Hakuryuu will have difficulty against a Midway if the Midway plays its cards right. They nerf it to Tier 9 so that both carrier's fighters will be on equal ground. 

Well I agree and disagree with you I agree with what you're saying in if the Midway plays as cards right, but that's the key. What happens Joe schmuckatelli average carrier player goes up against a carrier player of caliber, who spends an awful lot of time playing his or her carriers? How balanced are the Midway fighters at that point? 

Edited by _Browncoat_

[WOLF2]
Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles
3 minutes ago, StoneRhino said:

To be fair people complained about t8 TBs until it went live and became the most feared cv in the hame, again.

Exactly, people who don't CV saw a nerf, saw they couldn't CV, and then assumed the t8 TBs were the issue.

[FOXEH]
Members
3,321 posts
11,873 battles

The major problem with CV's from my outside looking in perspective is that if you are really good you rule. If you are not really good you suck and get owned.

CV play appears to take a lot of skill to do well. It isn't for the casually committed. Only if WG dumbs down the game play will Joe Shmukatelly have a chance against the Fems in the game - and maybe even not then.