You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
MysticalShip

Public Test Server version 0.7.1 control issues

11 comments in this topic

[DRAKE]
Members
33 posts
12,172 battles

Hi, every version of the game has controlled perfectly up until this one, when i play a battle my ship will not stop turning to the right the entire battle and the Q key is also not working for in game controls of the ship.

my main client works fine so this test version must have broken something with in game control functions.

Also in the battles i played 4 other players reported to have the same in game issue as myself.

Any chance you guys could check this issue over ?

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
101 posts
8,542 battles

I also noticed this issue. Whenever I try to center my rudder, it automatically jumps to the opposite side, then back. It takes a good 3 or four adjustments to get it to actually center.

[CAST]
Members
1,158 posts
7,174 battles

I came here to report the same issue with turning on the test server, and see it is already reported.  I make it about 1/2 way into a game and my ship starts to randomly turn on its own.  Sometimes when I want to turn it just goes straight.  Maybe it is turning right and I am countering it with a left and the result is straight.  Either way, it is annoying and definitely a bug.

[_-X-_]
[_-X-_]
Members
145 posts
5,763 battles

The control keybinds are not holding my assignments. (F and M specifically).

I go thru the regular procedures to set them as usual.  

But, they keep resetting to the defaults.  Errrrrr!

Also, how about making the individual consumable functions player assignable?  (Ex: smoke = x; repair = y, etc.).

[DRAKE]
Members
33 posts
12,172 battles

I just had a new discovery about the control issues this morning,

A is now right and D is now left the steering controls are backwards for me even though they are set right in the control options.

sometimes when you press w it will go down on you back to stop.

other times it wont it seems random to me, at any rate a game you cant control comfortably becomes a new game of frustration, just saying.

i had to change the cruise control keys from q and e to a and d seems to work so far, also my guns fire for no reason at times too.

Edited by USSKroms

Members
12 posts
853 battles
On 1/26/2018 at 4:31 AM, Chelsea2003 said:

I can't seem to find any of the French battleships.

Edited by Jay_Smif_Na

Members
3 posts
7,402 battles

When I have played BBs. Bismarck, Monarch, North Carolina, the fire controls on the mouse will not work so I can not fire the guns.  Also noticed between 100 and 200ms ping rates.  On BBs the guns will not track the mouse pointer so to move the guns the mouse must be moved all the way to the left or right side of the screen before the guns will move. I captured a replay but I cannot get it to load on the test server I have attached it anyway.  I was able to play DDs but the action was not smooth.  I have no issues with any ships or ping times on the production server and I use the same setup options.  If the issue is not code related and is load related, then maybe the public test server should be capped at an acceptable number of users.  For example the first 200,500, or 1000 users get in and others have to wait till someone disconnects from the public test server before they can connect.

20180127_010953_PASB012-North-Carolina-1945_19_OC_prey.wowsreplay

Edited by Killer_B15
minor edits

[NNG]
[NNG]
Members
5 posts
5,300 battles

I'm having an issue with the CTRL key.   For some reason, I need to click it now and again to allow me to eliminate and latency to move the camera view and to shoot.   When the issue pops up i move the the mouse a few inches before the camera view changes.   When this happens I hit CTRL and it stops.   If I hit CTRL again it does not come back.   Its really weird.   does not happen in the main game,,,only on PTS.

[TIRP]
Members
202 posts
19,880 battles

I see I am not the only one with issues ,however, in part two it appears that some things have been fixed. I now have an issue with not being able to use my LMB for firing my guns. After going through pushing the default button several times and resetting my controls prove to be useless. The only good thing it hasn't effected the regular server. Submitting tickets are as useless as teats on a boar hog. If the test servers are part of WG then why do they keep telling me that they can't communicate with each other? IMO it's hogwash.