Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND

Yet another Emblem post

8 comments in this topic

[PT8TO]
Members
1,402 posts
12,809 battles

Sometimes in order to improve in Random matches you need something to improve your focus.

Some sort of goal that helps you take it to another level other than just winning.

Yeah yeah i know winning is the ultimate goal what else should my focus be on right.

But since these Emblems came out and what you must do to achieve them I have been really dialed in to what I am doing each game.

Normally I take it easy and the outcome is the outcome you know.

But now that i have These Emblems out there to get, well my focus on winning and getting every little bit of XP from every source i can and really spreading the damage around have been on point.

I know several of us feel that they are bad and promote a lot of damage farming  but if you are like me and it has given you more of a purpose in random matches let me know.

Edited by GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND
  • Cool 1

[HINON]
Members
8,767 posts

I just played normally and got them completed. I never felt I was changing my game play to complete the badge missions.

• Cool 1

[CS7]
Members
75 posts
4,928 battles

I like it, the emblems are more or less a reward for focusing on a certain aspect of your gameplay.

I've set a goal to be a competent North Carolina player, regardless whether I'm the top or bottom tier.

[OO7]
Members
2,229 posts
9,694 battles
10 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

I just played normally and got them completed. I never felt I was changing my game play to complete the badge missions.

That's because you and Gunstar have this thing called intelligence. And this thing called self-respect which makes you care about producing quality in all that you do. You represent less than 10% of the player population who may only have one or the other or neither. 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 1

[SW]
Beta Testers
1,885 posts
8,166 battles

I have given up on playing to complete missions, I now play a ship that will qualify but play to win. If you put a date of expiration on it. I'm all out as of this last New Years Event.

[R-F]
Members
664 posts
6,150 battles

I decided I want to earn the destroyer emblem.  64,000 damage average over 100 battles in Tier X destroyers.  I have a Gearing, and my lifetime average damage in it is currently 63,468.  I figure that includes a number of my first battles that were pretty poor, so as long as I play up to my normal recent standards I should be able to do it. 

So I'm playing lots of Gearing matches now.  I'm not deliberately doing anything any different, other than perhaps being extra focused on my own survival at the start of a match - but that's not really a bad thing, is it?  I've got 36 battles done so far, and my average damage in those is 77,482.  So I'm well on my way.  The bad news is, my win rate (58% in the Gearing before emblems came out) is 54.5% in those 36 battles.  It may be the sample size is too small for a meaningful conclusion, but it looks like maybe that even though I'm not trying to be a damage farmer, the fact that I've set my sights on a damage-based accomplishment is decreasing my win rate.  I'm becoming a worse teammate as I pursue my individual goal.

Members
2,746 posts
6,226 battles

I've got kind of mixed emotions on it. I mostly just try to play my "normal" game and like you said the outcome is the outcome. Sometimes I will specifically be after something especially if an event is about to end.

[PT8TO]
Members
1,402 posts
12,809 battles
24 minutes ago, Brhinosaurus said:

I decided I want to earn the destroyer emblem.  64,000 damage average over 100 battles in Tier X destroyers.  I have a Gearing, and my lifetime average damage in it is currently 63,468.  I figure that includes a number of my first battles that were pretty poor, so as long as I play up to my normal recent standards I should be able to do it. 

So I'm playing lots of Gearing matches now.  I'm not deliberately doing anything any different, other than perhaps being extra focused on my own survival at the start of a match - but that's not really a bad thing, is it?  I've got 36 battles done so far, and my average damage in those is 77,482.  So I'm well on my way.  The bad news is, my win rate (58% in the Gearing before emblems came out) is 54.5% in those 36 battles.  It may be the sample size is too small for a meaningful conclusion, but it looks like maybe that even though I'm not trying to be a damage farmer, the fact that I've set my sights on a damage-based accomplishment is decreasing my win rate.  I'm becoming a worse teammate as I pursue my individual goal.

I started out after the Elite Emblem for DD to as well in my Gearing.  Going for the 65k Emblem was as the same with you kinda Hurt my WR.

So i decided i was ok with destroyer commander 1 and quickly got the Emblem at a above 60% WR as a matter of fact it was 61.8 over a 107 games.

Sometimes you have to decide which is better for me it was Winning at the expense of averaging another 10K damage.

Honestly and not trying say I am good or anything but that WR would have been more like 65% if along the way in several matches i would have had teammates that wanted to win as much as i did.

Edited by GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND

Sign in to follow this