Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Malarkey_

STOP WG! Please no more battleships.

21 comments in this topic

[MWM]
Supertester
250 posts
6,661 battles

WG could you please stop selling Premium BBs and stop Making BB lines you are killing the game a bit. Played a few games this week where 22/24 players were BBs. Thanks for that experience. :cap_book:

Edited by Malarkey_
  • Cool 1
  • Bad 2

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,220 posts
8,396 battles

You might have missed the memo... they renamed the game to World of BBs

• Funny 1

[VOC]
Beta Testers
1,124 posts
5,877 battles

Please no more DD’s because with 4/5 DD’s per side it will be only torpedosoup...

• Cool 1

Members
587 posts

This is true. I took a DD out for a few games and have never been more missed when I died. 

Laser cannons on DD’s....that will get people to play’em...

Members
6,624 posts
25,265 battles

As a DD main, bring them on!

Playing cruisers? Not so much fun.

WoWS Wiki Editor
7,205 posts
6,433 battles
13 minutes ago, alexf24 said:

As a DD main, bring them on!

Playing cruisers? Not so much fun.

Unless you are something like a Zao. Because then it's BBQ time

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,276 battles
26 minutes ago, SireneRacker said:

Unless you are something like a Zao. Because then it's BBQ time

If you're playing in just about any tier 10 cruiser, then it's BBQ time.  About the only exceptions are probably the Minotaur (no HE) and the Des Moines (terribly floaty shells make long range accuracy spotty).

[SF-A]
Members
2,847 posts
5,547 battles

It is odd how much they focus on BBs even though they have said there are too many. I guess British and French DDs are on the horizon, and there's really only one more solid line of battleships I can think of (France).

I know I'm forgetting something. Who else had battleships (to the extent that a line could be made)?

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,276 battles
5 minutes ago, pewpewpew42 said:

It is odd how much they focus on BBs even though they have said there are too many. I guess British and French DDs are on the horizon, and there's really only one more solid line of battleships I can think of (France).

I know I'm forgetting something. Who else had battleships (to the extent that a line could be made)?

Let's work this out.

We've got the RN, USN, IJN, and KM, all of which had plenty of BBs.  We have the Italian and French navies coming, both of which also had BBs.  That pretty much covers all of the significant naval powers that built their own battleships.

The Austro-Hungarian Navy had some locally built BBs of its own, but not enough to even produce a partial (WW1 era only) line. They really only has a single class of 4 dreadnought BBs that was actually built, the Teggetthoff class. There was a class to follow the Teggetthoff, temporarily called the Ersatz Monarch class (4 of which were planned).  And there was a class of "semi-dreadnoughts" before the Teggetthoffs, called the Redetzky class (consisting of 3 ships).  And we've seen WG tweak such ships into being full BB's by switching out some of the large caliber "secondaries" for main gun turrets.  (I think that the tier 3 on the French line is one such fictional tweaking.)

But this is about the extent of the Austro-Hungarian Navy that's historical or at least a tweak of something historical.  Beyond this, would appear to need to be entirely fictional.

Part of me would love to see the AHN get a place in the game, even if it was limited.  It was a historical power, though not any sort of major naval superpower.  

There are other nations who had a small number of BBs, sometimes built in another nation's shipyards.   Turkey, Argentina, Chile, Spain, Russia, Brazil.  Some of these BBs ended up in the service of the nations that ordered them, while others were seized by the nation building them as WW1 started.

I'm not really sure that there are enough Russian BBs to create an entire tier 3-10 line without quite a fair amount of fictional content.  They may be better suited by just having some premium BBs, 2 of which they already have.

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,276 battles
27 minutes ago, pewpewpew42 said:

Nah, I don't really see it as odd.  It smells of two differing agendas or opinions within WG.  The devs may indeed think that there are too many BBs.  OTOH, since they charge more for BBs and there are probably market research numbers showing that more people want to buy BBs than any other ship type, I suspect that the Marketing Dept probably pushes for more premium BBs.  And since WG is in business to make money, it's not really a shock that they'd produce more popular money making premium ships.

[SPTR]
Members
25,618 posts
10,807 battles

Alot of players are sulking lalas about alot of things of the game like Radar, detonations, matchmaker, Roma's beer can, France's name, lack of subs or PT boats, bad teams, WG and more.

Dobbing on about the excess number of BBs in the mm should be added to list too as well? 

• Bad 1

[RKLES]
Members
7,098 posts
8,745 battles

Just grab a DD or CA and just Torpedoe and HE those BBs to death lol makes for excellent hunting since with that many BBs often times you can set up Torpedo waves that every Torpedo manages to hit ships.

[TURDS]
Members
35 posts
858 battles

You mean newer players sailing lumbering slow prem BBs in a straight line is a bad thing? :cap_book:

I think the hunters in the crowd are pleased with the target rich environment. 

Members
4,135 posts

I missed that.  Haven't played much this week, but the past couple of weeks has been heavier on DDs for my games.

Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles

At the very least, no more FXP's.

We need something different in that department.

• Cool 3

[-K-]
Members
5,061 posts
8,934 battles
2 hours ago, pikohan said:

You might have missed the memo... they renamed the game to World of BBs

Actually, it used to be the original name in its original conception:

1974648-worldofbattleships.jpg

Members
2,748 posts
6,232 battles

I personally feel it's evenly dispersed. I play BBs about 75% and cruisers the rest. There are some real good DD and cruiser captains out there and I have a lot of respect for them. I'm not real good in DDs and need to go back and start learning them.

Alpha Tester
1,940 posts
9 hours ago, Malarkey_ said:

WG could you please stop selling Premium BBs and stop Making BB lines you are killing the game a bit.

But so many iconic battleships like Dreadnought, Agincourt and Tegetthoff are still missing. :Smile_sad:

[JSC]
Members
1 post
4,118 battles

Why does WoW hate CAs? They keep adding and buffing BBs & DDs, and nerfing CAs; it's getting impossible to compete with CAs. There is getting to be so much smoke in the battlespace there is no one to shoot at unless you have radar and torps. If you're a CA driver with no smoke, or torps you don't stand a chance with the high HP hits the BBs can throw; it's making the game almost unplayable for an honest cruiser captain. You're killing the game WoW, be careful...  

• Cool 1

Members
121 posts
1,519 battles

Part of me wants a RN CV line, but then I look at how weirdly other RN lines have been handled and worry about what weird gimmick RN CVs will get...

while I don't play DDs hardly ever since I'm pretty terrible with them, (props to the DD skippers that do well in them from this BB commander) I have the same worry that RN DDs will also be weird... 

Sign in to follow this