You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
_Dracarys

Who says Musashi makes no money - 1.3m on a loss

25 comments in this topic

[AR15]
Members
398 posts
2,779 battles

Nobody said that ever.  Congratz in disproving something no one said, GG.

Edited by JToney3449
  • Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 2

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,783 posts
14,864 battles

See, it's NOT pay to win, it's pay to get more credits to buy more crap to win!

• Cool 1

[AXANR]
Members
3,361 posts
16,547 battles

I might have made 2 mil in that game with Mizzou though. She's a tier 9 premium, she's still going to make credits, she just has her credit earning allegedly turned down a bit from Mizzou. 

• Cool 1

[TNG]
Members
813 posts
6,173 battles
1 minute ago, poeticmotion said:

I might have made 2 mil in that game with Mizzou though. She's a tier 9 premium, she's still going to make credits, she just has her credit earning allegedly turned down a bit from Mizzou. 

2mil is a stretch, 1.5 maybe. lol

[AXANR]
Members
3,361 posts
16,547 battles
5 minutes ago, _Dracarys said:

2mil is a stretch, 1.5 maybe. lol

Fair. I think my record is 1.7 or so, and that was for a similarly high-performing game with premium + all flags.So 2 mil is prob a stretch. I think I've seen a screenshot of someone doing it on the forum, so it's possible. 

[BROOK]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,996 posts

I'm going to get her just so I can make some Tier 7 BB's day even more cancerous.

[RKLES]
Members
7,111 posts
8,758 battles
45 minutes ago, JToney3449 said:

Nobody said that ever.  Congratz in disproving something no one said, GG.

Actually some people have been grumbling that Musashi makes far less than Missouri, but this battle earnings looks a lot like a Missouri battle to me. :Smile_smile:

[RKLES]
Members
7,111 posts
8,758 battles
2 minutes ago, TornadoADV said:

I'm going to get her just so I can make some Tier 7 BB's day even more cancerous.

Lol just be careful, some tier 7 captains are both courageous and smart which can result in your full HP tier IX BB suddenly going down in about 60 seconds give or take.

Lol I love pulling my Gneisenau right up alongside Missouri and letting my main guns and secondary guns chew into their armor while I give them some nice fish in the water and all too often they eat all the fish...

Been too busy with Ranked and now finishing my grind through a Izumo to Yamato for HSF event to be able to get back to tier 7 to harrass Musashi yet. 

Better add that to my calendar for beginning  of February since that will be fun to try...

Members
510 posts
2,839 battles

Loss or win doesn't matter to the credit multiplier. All that matters is damage.

[OPG]
2,872 posts
10,416 battles

literally no one said what the title says. You still earn 12% more credits a game than a t8 premium. Just not 50% more like the missouri earns.

[AR15]
Members
398 posts
2,779 battles
1 hour ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Lol just be careful, some tier 7 captains are both courageous and smart which can result in your full HP tier IX BB suddenly going down in about 60 seconds give or take.

Lol I love pulling my Gneisenau right up alongside Missouri and letting my main guns and secondary guns chew into their armor while I give them some nice fish in the water and all too often they eat all the fish...

Been too busy with Ranked and now finishing my grind through a Izumo to Yamato for HSF event to be able to get back to tier 7 to harrass Musashi yet. 

Better add that to my calendar for beginning  of February since that will be fun to try...

This is very true, in my Nagato ive wrecked quite a few iowa's.  Doubly so when they used to have big cits.  Those cqb moments where you peal off 60k dmg on one of them with a T7 bb is glorious.

[REVY]
Members
6,024 posts
5,102 battles
3 hours ago, _Dracarys said:

Who says Musashi makes no money - 1.3m on a loss

Nobody said that, congratz on winning a strawman argument.

Forum goers only compared the credit earning rates between the Mu and the Mo, which you do not address at all here.

[WOLF4]
Members
105 posts
4,220 battles

Only thing I've seen people say is it doesn't make as much as the Missouri.  Of course the Musashi will make credits, just not like the Missouri.

[MIA-A]
[MIA-A]
2,010 posts
7,678 battles
3 hours ago, Colonel_Potter said:

Only thing I've seen people say is it doesn't make as much as the Missouri.  Of course the Musashi will make credits, just not like the Missouri.

It's extremely unlikely to be able to do the same amount of damage as a Musashi does with a Missouri, so Musashi makes more credits. 

Alpha Tester
3,476 posts
1,521 battles
8 hours ago, poeticmotion said:

Nothing Alleged about it.  Musashi Nets about the same as a Tier 8 premium.   Keep in mind I said NET earnings because technically it has a base earnings of about 10-12% greater than a Tier 8 premium but since it is a Tier  9 and uses 460mm shells, it's servicing and repair costs are much higher than a tier 8 premium which generally washes out any greater base earnings you receive.

The Missouri on the other hand typically earns about about 1.4 - 1.5 times what a Tier 8 premium will earn so a 500k game in your standard tier 8 BB (or Musashi) would earn you roughly 750k in a Missouri.

So yeah your going to earn decent credits in a Musashi but not really more than you could earn in a Alabama or Tirpitz  and your just not earning what we have come to expect from a Tier 9 premium based on the precedent WG created with the Missouri. 

Honestly I am more than a bit disappointed in the earnings.  I knew from previews it was earning less than the Missouri, I just didn't expect them to nerf it down to Tier 8 levels.  I was still counting on them giving the Musashi a reasonable earning increase over a Tier 8 premium, probably around 20-25% net increase which would have still been significantly lower than what the Missouri could earn while still giving the Musashi a "premium" earning potential over Tier 8 premium ships.  As is, I hate to say it, the Musashi doesn't really feel premium to me since it doesn't offer any economical advantage over a Tier 8 premium ship.

[-K-]
Supertester
5,150 posts
8,942 battles
7 hours ago, ksix said:

Loss or win doesn't matter to the credit multiplier. 

This. 

Edited by Kombat_W0MBAT

Members
630 posts
705 battles
3 hours ago, NeoRussia said:

It's extremely unlikely to be able to do the same amount of damage as a Musashi does with a Missouri, so Musashi makes more credits. 

Then why have we seen at best, 2 1million breaking games when on release, the Missouri had loads of end battle reports swimming in credits? That 50% multiplier is huge, and you fail to consider that the Missouri is very effective.

[PC]
Members
1,866 posts

Musashi should make plenty of credits. Missouri has the +50% advantage. When you see some of the results, remember that players can run +20% flags or the rarer +50% flag, or +credit camo, or any combination of these. You get -10% repair cost flag, -10% repair cost clan advantage. You see?

[MIA-A]
[MIA-A]
2,010 posts
7,678 battles
30 minutes ago, RealNewDeal said:

Then why have we seen at best, 2 1million breaking games when on release, the Missouri had loads of end battle reports swimming in credits? That 50% multiplier is huge, and you fail to consider that the Missouri is very effective.

With premium, all the credit flags, gamescom camo I have to be pretty lucky to break 1 million credits on Missouri which for the average player would be extremely lucky,  while a slightly above average game in Yamato with no credit flags or camo nets me around 400-500k credits. Not including repair costs in either. 

Members
1,690 posts
7,231 battles

I was so sick and tired of trying to maintain running tier 10 tanks in WOT, that in this game I just slapped permanent camo on every T10 I brought to port.  Credit problem solved forever, how much credits ship makes is the last thing I look for in the ship.  Missouri is a great ship, whether it makes credits or not.  So is Musashi.

Alpha Tester
3,476 posts
1,521 battles
8 minutes ago, Veksha said:

I was so sick and tired of trying to maintain running tier 10 tanks in WOT, that in this game I just slapped permanent camo on every T10 I brought to port.  Credit problem solved forever, how much credits ship makes is the last thing I look for in the ship.  Missouri is a great ship, whether it makes credits or not.  So is Musashi.

But not everyone is like that Veksha and to many of us credit earnings can be a very important factor when considering the purchase of a premium ship.  I  don't think there are many complaining about the performance of the Musashi, rather it is just that her earnings aren't up to par with what one should reasonable expect a Tier 9 premium to make.  Now maybe the +50% multiplier on the Missouri was too much but the Musashi should still be making significantly more than a Tier 8 premium and she is not doing that which is frustrating after many people have spent significant amounts of real $$ to get the Musashi.

As I have been saying.  Love the ship, hate that it doesn't have anything that really makes her feel like she is a Tier 9 "Premium".

Members
1,690 posts
7,231 battles
7 minutes ago, Midnitewolf said:

...after many people have spent significant amounts of real $$ to get the Musashi...

Well, before investing money or free XP, people should research what the expectations are.  It was widely known prior to Musashi release that it does not compare favorably to Missouri when it comes to credit earnings, certain well known community contributors saw to that.

Members
630 posts
705 battles
1 hour ago, NeoRussia said:

With premium, all the credit flags, gamescom camo I have to be pretty lucky to break 1 million credits on Missouri which for the average player would be extremely lucky,  while a slightly above average game in Yamato with no credit flags or camo nets me around 400-500k credits. Not including repair costs in either. 

It simply means a Yamato suits you better, and you don't like Iowa and Missouri style play. Plenty of people get 1 million credits no problem, with some lower damage numbers. I am a pretty average player and could probably print credits far better then Musashi if given the Missouri. Just slap a few credit flags on and it'll crack a million no issue. It's not that the Musashi can't break a million, it's just the Missouri is able to make more credits on average.

Edited by RealNewDeal

[SCCC]
Members
206 posts
11,680 battles
55 minutes ago, Veksha said:

The issue for me is that anyone would reasonably assume that it would have the same  multiplier as the other tier 9 ship.  It obviously is much lower.  For example, I had a battle in the Mushy yesterday with 122k damage that netted 357k credits and that is with the 20% flag and discounted clan repair bill.  That is a lot less than the mIssy.  In short, many people would reasonably come to the conclusion that they were sold a false bill of goods which contributes to undermining Wargamings already dubious reputation for business practices.