Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Kapitan_Wuff

A Question about my coupon.

23 comments in this topic

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,711 posts
11,332 battles

So, I got the 30% off coupon today. Great right? Well... I can't actually buy anything with it because of the restrictions on it. Or at least I can't buy anything I don't already have. So it got me thinking.

If I buy a ship I already have (say Tirpitz) for 30% off... do I get the full value of the Tipitz in doubloons? Or do I get the -30% value in doubloons...

@Pigeon_of_War Can you answer this?

Update:

Never got an answer, so I took the plunge and yes, I got full doubloon value of the boat I bought for 30% off.

Edited by Kapitan_Wuff
  • Cool 1

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
1,713 posts
9,452 battles
1 hour ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

I got the 30% off coupon today

where do you get such a nice little juicy discount coupon from? I have some ships that I wanted to buy

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,780 posts
14,841 battles
1 hour ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

If I buy a ship I already have (say Tirpitz) for 30% off... do I get the full value of the Tipitz in doubloons?

Kapitan, that is a GREAT question!

[NDA]
Supertester
4,774 posts
13,589 battles

I got a coupon with the oddest sales pitch today. 

vGgjJhY.jpg

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,711 posts
11,332 battles
7 hours ago, ObiwankzKenobi said:

where do you get such a nice little juicy discount coupon from? I have some ships that I wanted to buy

I think it's just randomly given.

7 hours ago, RedSeaBear said:

vGgjJhY.jpg

I had a clan mate get the same coupon for playing well, I played like crap yesterday and got a better coupon lol.

[NDA]
Supertester
4,774 posts
13,589 battles
2 hours ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

I had a clan mate get the same coupon for playing well, I played like crap yesterday and got a better coupon lol.

I don't know how well I did. Getting a Dreadnought award on a defeat is kind of sad. lol. 

Members
1,819 posts
10 hours ago, ObiwankzKenobi said:

According to leaked documents that Sid alpha got about Ai manipulating players,  if WG is using an ai, stop making purchases to get a coupon.

Its the new hotness version of dynamic pricing that Amazon tried a couple years back.

Edited by Kconvey_1

[R-F]
Members
675 posts
6,180 battles
10 hours ago, RedSeaBear said:

vGgjJhY.jpg

I got the same, and I haven't a clue what set it off.  Wasn't spectacular, whatever it was.  Possibly "Devastating Strike", "First Blood", or maybe even "It's Just a Flesh Wound".  Maaaaaybe "Confederate"?  Think I did that once last night but I don't think it was the battle before that popped up.

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
3,776 posts
12,891 battles
58 minutes ago, Brhinosaurus said:

I got the same, and I haven't a clue what set it off.  Wasn't spectacular, whatever it was.  Possibly "Devastating Strike", "First Blood", or maybe even "It's Just a Flesh Wound".  Maaaaaybe "Confederate"?  Think I did that once last night but I don't think it was the battle before that popped up.

I'm pretty sure it's marketing.  The wording "that Achievement" works for just about any accomplishment.  Phrasing it as a "win" makes you feel good.   Using the word "treat yourself" is more subtlety.

Great Achievement (you did good).  You're WINNER (you feel good).  TREAT yourself (yeah..that's right...I DO deserve a treat).  Oh my, I can even save 10%...SIGN ME UP!!!!    

Edited by Soshi_Sone

[R-F]
Members
675 posts
6,180 battles
11 minutes ago, Soshi_Sone said:

I'm pretty sure it's marketing.  The wording "that Achievement" works for just about any accomplishment.  Phrasing it as a "win" makes you feel good.   Using the word "treat yourself" is more subtlety.

Great Achievement (you did good).  You're WINNER (you feel good).  TREAT yourself (yeah..that's right...I DO deserve a treat).  Oh my, I can even save 10%...SIGN ME UP!!!!    

hmmm yeah makes sense.  Tricksy marketing people!  We hates them.  But we also needs some dubloons...

[WOLF5]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
2,255 posts
24,743 battles

If you want doubloons, you can always buy them and use the30% off coupon on that purchase.  Thats what I did when I got my 30% off coupon.  I got 12000 doubloons for $36.18 after the discount.

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
1,713 posts
9,452 battles
4 hours ago, Kconvey_1 said:

Ai manipulating players

3 hours ago, Soshi_Sone said:

The wording "that Achievement" works

4 hours ago, Brhinosaurus said:

and I haven't a clue what set it off.

Does this achievement count ??

fCs2pOU.jpg

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,711 posts
11,332 battles
4 hours ago, Patton5150 said:

If you want doubloons, you can always buy them and use the30% off coupon on that purchase.  Thats what I did when I got my 30% off coupon.  I got 12000 doubloons for $36.18 after the discount.

The fine print on the coupon say it can't be used on doubloons, limited time offers, already discounted items, or special offers.

[WOLF5]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
2,255 posts
24,743 battles
44 minutes ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

The fine print on the coupon say it can't be used on doubloons, limited time offers, already discounted items, or special offers.

Hmm.  They must have changed that coupon then.  Because my 30% off coupon was able to be applied to a doubloon purchase.  Does your coupon say it can't be used for any doubloon purchase or does it say it can't be used on doubloon package purchases?

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,711 posts
11,332 battles
45 minutes ago, Patton5150 said:

Hmm.  They must have changed that coupon then.  Because my 30% off coupon was able to be applied to a doubloon purchase.  Does your coupon say it can't be used for any doubloon purchase or does it say it can't be used on doubloon package purchases?

It specifically says doubloons.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
1,779 posts
On 1/24/2018 at 11:35 PM, Kapitan_Wuff said:

So, I got the 30% off coupon today. Great right? Well... I can't actually buy anything with it because of the restrictions on it. Or at least I can't buy anything I don't already have. So it got me thinking.

If I buy a ship I already have (say Tirpitz) for 30% off... do I get the full value of the Tipitz in doubloons? Or do I get the -30% value in doubloons...

@Pigeon_of_War Can you answer this?

Update:

Never got an answer, so I took the plunge and yes, I got full doubloon value of the boat I bought for 30% off.

Nice coupon, I got it too and I was going to use it... only we find out that almost the entire shop is on some kind of special, discount, offer, whatever, or includes doubloons. 

So what's the damn point other than to troll me into looking at the premium shop?

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,711 posts
11,332 battles

@KilljoyCutter Use it mine to buy Kii (a ship I already have) and so I got the doubloon value and a port slot, so it was essentially 30% of doubloons.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
1,779 posts
4 minutes ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

@KilljoyCutter Use it mine to buy Kii (a ship I already have) and so I got the doubloon value and a port slot, so it was essentially 30% of doubloons.

I don't have any of the premium ships currently in the shop, or I'd have done that.

[OPG]
[OPG]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
188 posts
5,432 battles

Nice doubloon discount there!

Sign in to follow this