TheStarSlayer

[ALL] Slayer's Skins 2.0 (Mostly Historical)

116 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
1,441 posts
2,388 battles

So after a couple weeks with no word, Lloyd's of London declared my previous thread "Lost at Sea" and Last Rights were given(when the forum shall give up her dead and all that).

Thus it is time to start anew. 

These are my skins, they are mostly historical with a few for fun projects mixed in.  Back in CBT Tanz began creating fantastic custom skins for ships and I became hooked on using them.  Eventually I tried my hand at a few ships that I wanted that he had not worked on, starting with one of my personal favorites HIJMS Nagato.  Since then I've been steadily poking away at other lines.  Whenever possible I try to compliment Tanz's works, maintaining cross compatibility and plugging gaps in his lines.

Basic Setup:

Spoiler

My skins follow the same methodology as Tanz.  These are updates of the base ship textures, in order to display properly you need to suppress the display camos with a custom xml file.  Note you can still mount and benefit from ingame camo, it is simply not displayed in favor of the base custom texture.

1. When you download a ship it comes in a basic Zip file that needs to be uncompressed.
  2. Once its unzipped you will find a xml file and content folder inside, these are then pasted into the latest res_mods folder in your WoWs client.
  3. With each patch you will need to move the contents of the old res mods folder to the latest.

2exlifa.png

Imperial Japanese Navy

Senkan!

Spoiler

HIJMS Mikasa

2u5gtgx.jpg

Download

HIJMS Kawachi

149cfvr.jpg

Download

HIJMS Myogi

33a82rq.jpg

Download

HIJMS Fusō

2cny139.jpg

Download

HIJMS Nagato

30uz2oy.jpg

Download

HIJMS Ashitaka

2en3qqh.jpg

Download

HIJMS Amagi

4pttoi.jpg

Download

HIJMS Izumo

2nqa74k.jpg

Download

IJN Battlewagons have all been painted in Kure grey, main fire control directors have been painted white when applicable(this was used as a recognition feature in WW2) and the decks have been lightened.  Both Nagato and Amagi have had their bridge windows adjusted to be more in line with actual sizes.  When used in conjunction with Tanz's Ishizuchi, Hiei, Yamato and Musashi as well as his DD, Cruiser and CV lines should provide a fully fleshed out IJN Tech Tree.

Specialty Skins

Spoiler

ARP Kongou

2j1v1b4.jpg

Download

HSF Harekaze/ROCS Tan Yang

ofzis.jpg

Download

HSF Harekaze/HIJMS Yukikaze

2qw1z44.jpg

Download

Char's Zeonic Shimakaze

2mx35u9.jpg

Download

These include a subtle update of the basic ARP Kongou to better match the anime/manga. Two flavors of HSF Harekaze one based on a MS 22 scheme sported by the Yukikaze during her time in the Taiwanese Navy for C Hull folks and a HIJMS Yukikaze skin for A&B Hull users.  A Shimakaze skin based on Char Aznable's MS-06S Zaku II from Mobile Suit Gundam, not guaranteed to go three times normal speed. 

More to come

Cheers,

-JB

Edited by TheStarSlayer
  • Cool 2

Beta Testers
1,441 posts
2,388 battles

United States Navy

Aircraft Carriers

Spoiler

USS Bogue (CVE-9)

2lc8pab.jpg

Download

USS Independence (CVL-22)

27zvtdj.jpg

Download

USS Ranger (CV-4)

ndlgk2.jpg

Download

USS Saipan (CVL-48)

1z6t5xg.jpg

Download

USS Saratoga (CV-3)

xfdoo6.jpg

Download

US Carriers in various Measure 32 Schemes.

Battleships

Spoiler

USS Arkansas (BB-33)

rbwmrt.jpg

Download

USS Texas (BB-35)

348h9iw.jpg

Download

USS Alabama (BB-60)

6tlfl3.jpg

Download

USS Massachusetts (B-59)

69eu6d.jpg

Download

Ark βeta in an experimental scheme sported by USS Oklahoma in 1917.  USS Texas in MS-31a/8B.  USS Alabama in MS-32/11D as seen on Indiana alternate class hull numbers included in zip. USS Massachusetts in MS-32/1D

Cruisers

Spoiler

USS St. Louis (CL-49)

r08ao6.jpg

Download

USS Boise (CL-47)

fxxb1i.jpg

Download

USS Helena available in MS-32/2C.  USS Boise available in MS-33/21D in black

Edited by TheStarSlayer

Beta Testers
1,441 posts
2,388 battles

The Royal Navy

This is my story this is my song, been in the Andrew to f'n long

Battleships

Spoiler

HMS Dreadnought

289br7b.jpg

Download

HMS Bellerophon

11hz09l.jpg

Download

HMS Queen Elisabeth

2449jr5.jpg

Download

HMS Hood

4uxh74.jpg

Download

HMS Vanguard

2608kuh.jpg

Download

HMS Bellerophon & HMS Dreadnought in standard Grand Fleet colors.  Big Lizzie based loosely on a scheme sported by HMS Malaya, color shifted to work in conjunction with Tanz's Warspite.

Cruisers

Spoiler

HMS Weymouth

33ufv5f.jpg

Download

HMS Ajax

2m26jck.jpg

Download

HMS Minotaur

fmlzkk.jpg

Download

HMS Weymouth, HMS Ajax and Minotaur.

Destroyers

Spoiler

HMS Melampus

mii8ig.jpg

Download

HMS Valkyrie

ff60pu.jpg

Download

HMS Anthony

2ymatnc.jpg

Download

HMS Gallant

fcqn9g.jpg

Download

HMS Icarus

jj1jf8.jpg

Download

HMS Jervis

2l94llc.jpg

Download

HMS Lightning

214p75y.jpg

Download

HMS Armada

9uxnw8.jpg

Download

HMS Daring

33a8inp.jpg

Download

HMS, Melampus, HMS Valkyrie, HMS Anthony, HMS Gallant, HMS Icarus, HMS Jervis, HMS Lightning, HMS Armada, HMS Daring.

Edited by TheStarSlayer
  • Cool 3

Beta Testers
1,441 posts
2,388 battles

Hochseeflotte

Schlachtschiff

Spoiler

SMS Nassau

51a3c3.jpg

Download

SMS König Albert

qrj50l.jpg

Download

Nassau and König Albert in standard High Seas Fleet colors with appropriate stack recognition schemes as seen in photographs of said ships.

Zerstörer

Spoiler

V-25

s4ngqd.jpg

Download

G-101

149ozsj.jpg

Download

V-170

f0d7a0.jpg

Download

Standard High Seas Fleet scheme with red recognition stacks.

Edited by TheStarSlayer
  • Cool 4

Beta Testers
1,441 posts
2,388 battles

Marine Nationale

Cuirassé

Spoiler

Le Turenne

2dqsl6c.jpg

213rcph.jpg

Download (PreWar Version)

Download(First World War) 

Le Courbet

nozsz5.jpg

Download

La Bretagne

zuwx1.jpg

Download

La Normandie

29zemub.jpg

Download

Le Dunkerque

5y91z8.jpg

Download

La Lyon

312d53m.jpg

Download

Le Richelieu

24bj61l.jpg

Download

Le Gascogne

2i7o5mo.jpg

Download

Le Jean Bart

25ggs9c.jpg

Download

Courbet and Bretagne is in standard Marine Nationale interwar colors.  Nomandie in a three color dazzel camo. Lyon and Dunkerque displaying Measure 22 combo of Haze Gray/Cavite Blue.

Croiseur

Spoiler

Le Bougainville

jrfd6f.jpg

Download

La Galissonnière

xq6ih.jpg

Download

Le De Grasse

ne9mk3.jpg

Download

Basic Measure 22 combo of Haze Gray/Cavite Blue based on scheme sported on by Montcalm  July 43.

Contre-Torpilleur

Spoiler

L'Aigle

bgv22t.jpg

Download

Basic Measure 22 combo of Haze Gray/Cavite Blue based on scheme sported on by Le Fantasque June 43.

Edited by TheStarSlayer
  • Cool 1

Beta Testers
1,441 posts
2,388 battles

Voyenno-Morskoy Flot SSSR

Cruisers

Spoiler

Mikhail Kutuzov

35hqv5v.jpg

Download

Splinter Camo designed to fit in with Tanz's VMF cruisers.

Edited by TheStarSlayer
  • Cool 2

Beta Testers
1,441 posts
2,388 battles

Commonwealth

Spoiler

HMCS Haida

33ky5nl.jpg

Download

HMCS Haida in the 10th Destroyer Flotilla scheme, colored to work with the Royal Navy components she shares.

Pan-American

Spoiler

ARA Nueve de Julio (C-5) 

2ladmqb.jpg

Download

Nueve de Julio as she appeared during her time in the Argentine Navy.

Pan Asia

Spoiler

ROCS Lo Yang DD-14

9ko1t0.jpg

Download

ROCS Hsien Yang (USS Rodman DD-456)

1r6iz7.jpg

Download

ROCS An Yang (USS Kimberly DD-521)

6oeliu.jpg

Download

ROCS Yuen Yang (USS Haynsworth DD-700)

28aui5y.jpg

Download

Pan Asian DDs (VIII-X) all in Measure 22.

Edited by TheStarSlayer

[TF16B]
Members
488 posts
6,703 battles

They deleted my entire Paint Locker thread, with no explanation or warnings. After some research Slayer seems to think it might be a glitch with the game version in the thread title not being current, so I created a new thread. New thread is pending approval, which normally takes 24 hrs...so we shall see...thanks Slayer, for letting me post here to let fans know. 

Edited by USNA_76

Beta Testers
1,441 posts
2,388 battles

Okay finished re-updating the thread, it's tedious work so let me know if I screwed the pooch somewhere.:cap_fainting:

New stuff since the last thread fell off the face of the forum::cap_cool:

• New IJN BBs: Kawaii-chi, Mr Myogi, Izzy-Sumo
  • New Zerstörer: V-25, G101, V170
  • Royal Navy: New HMS Queen Elizabeth/Valiant skin compatible with Tanz's Warspite, HMS Ajax has had minor color updates and the Jimmy got after the crew to hollystone the Bloody teak. 
  • HSF Harekaze: For those running A and B hulls IJN Color scheme and markings for HIJMS Yukikaze

Cheers folks,

-JB

• Cool 3

Members
88 posts

destroyers of Germany have come out wonderful) a good scheme. nothing superfluous - but at the same time it looks great ..) can you continue this scheme with Nassau, Kaiser and Bayern)?

PS Thanks for the Alberta which I have been using for a long time)

Beta Testers
1,441 posts
2,388 battles
1 hour ago, mrblueskye said:

Download for V170 seems to point to V25.

Should be updated now

1 hour ago, Albrecht_Brandi said:

destroyers of Germany have come out wonderful) a good scheme. nothing superfluous - but at the same time it looks great ..) can you continue this scheme with Nassau, Kaiser and Bayern)?

PS Thanks for the Alberta which I have been using for a long time)

I know that Tanz has skins for those three ships were the WW1 configs are in Hochseeflotte colors.  If he does not repost them I will take a look.

Members
17 posts
98 battles

@TheStarSlayer, mate good to see your back-up and running,

Question; is there a reason why in your Myogi and Izumo 'finder' sub-folder that you have two files, one named 'texture' and the other correctly named 'textures' ? Both have the dds. files in them. Which one is to be used or do we move the dds. files into the textures file?

On a separate matter,  convince Tanz, like really hard to come back after his cool down period :cap_like:  

Members
135 posts
6,232 battles

I just have to say that I love that you did the Indiana's Ms 32/11D camo.  She's sort of the 'forgotten' ship of the class, with the other 3 being more well-known for various reasons, but that dazzle camo definitely made Indy the most visually-interesting of the 4 SoDaks when you look back thru the photos of them.  It's really too bad that the Alabama and Alabama ST share the same texture.  I go into the global.mo file with every patch and change a few things, including renaming the Alabama ST to Indiana, so it would've been awesome to use this skin for the ST, and a separate one for the Bama.

When/if WG ever finally gets around to releasing the Massachusetts, do you think you might do the Ms 12 Revised camo that she was commissioned with, and wore at the Battle of Casablanca?  I was considering attempting it, but I'm guessing you'd probably do a better job with it.  (Meanwhile, I've had Ms22 and modern-day Battleship Cove skins for her ready to go since October; WG, where the hell is my Massachusetts already?!)

Edited by TheElusiveDenby

Beta Testers
1,441 posts
2,388 battles

Thought I would share a little WIP:

34jei4p.jpg

Based on this shot of the SMS Nassau:

c3cd5bfc.jpg

I'll package her up and deploy it tomorrow after work.  

Then you can seal club as the Kaiser intended, Shiny and Chrome.:cap_look:

Cheers,

-JB

• Cool 2

[5D2]
Members
112 posts
1,296 battles

Really excellent job on the QE, matching Tanz's Warspite and the RN cruisers that all share the same secondaries file.

Hope you don't mind but I'm putting in a plug for Iron Duke, my favourite T5 BB.  Sure you can do her justice and match with Tanz's Orion (same main guns) and Warspite (those secondaries again).

Beta Testers
1,441 posts
2,388 battles

A couple Royal Navy ships added.  HMS Bellerophon and HMS Weymouth, both in standard Grand Fleet colors.

238dft.jpg

r1irm0.jpg

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
1,441 posts
2,388 battles

L'Aigle classe de contre-torpilleurs:

xpbpc5.jpg

I've grown to like this Haze Gray/Cavite Blue Measure 22 pattern.  Its quick to put together, looks nice and the Haze Gray makes for good cross compatibility for components.

Cheers,

-JB

• Cool 2

Beta Testers
1,441 posts
2,388 battles

Just a heads up I've unlocked Bretagne, Normandie and Lyon and am actively working on them.   Bretagne and Lyon are pretty close to done but I needed to rethink my approach with Normandie due to parts compatibility.

2ymang8.jpg

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
1,441 posts
2,388 battles

French Battleships Bretagne and Lyon are available.  Bretagne is based of this interwar photo:

latest?cb=20170719163355

9q8sy0.jpg

Lyon depicted in a modern MS 22  Haze Gray/Cavite Blue combo since she is equipped with a lot of modern equipment that will be shared with the high tier BBs. 

24fy93d.jpg

I initially had planned to do Normandie in the same interwar scheme as Bretagne but she shares too many components with Lyon and I have to reassess.  In addition Lyon shares components with Dunkerque so I will likely need to address her as well.  Fingers crossed I can nab a Richelieu.  

Cheers,

-JB

• Cool 1

[5D2]
Members
112 posts
1,296 battles

Very, very nice.  Really hope there's no more nonsense from WG and you can continue doing these as long as you feel you want to.