You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Lodestaar

Can Conning Tower make a Citadel, too?

20 comments in this topic

Members
8 posts
4,120 battles

i15292240183.gif

Did the wargaming officially recognize it?

Edited by Lodestaar

[PVE]
Members
8,844 posts
7,257 battles
6 minutes ago, Lodestaar said:

i15292240183.gif

You killed all of the officers. :)

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles

You just shot the ship in the head! How does it feel? PAINFUL!  Thanks for your input ship.

[SKDSH]
[SKDSH]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,979 posts
9,855 battles
7 minutes ago, Lodestaar said:

i15292240183.gif

Hmm , after watching that for a bit I got to really wondering about the damage totals showing .  The white number showing up after the hit shows 22,644 ( which I always thought was what damage a salvo actually does ) but the actual damage counter up in the top right shows only 6,364 being added in to the total .

:Smile_honoring:

[WAIFU]
Beta Testers
1,872 posts
3,532 battles
6 minutes ago, Chien_Lu_Anderman said:

Hmm , after watching that for a bit I got to really wondering about the damage totals showing .  The white number showing up after the hit shows 22,644 ( which I always thought was what damage a salvo actually does ) but the actual damage counter up in the top right shows only 6,364 being added in to the total .

:Smile_honoring:

the HP bar above the ship doesnt move enough for 20k either

[-K-]
[-K-]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
2,049 posts
9,289 battles

Several things are wonky in that gif as several peeps have pointed out. Would be nice to see it about 10 seconds longer.

[HINON]
Members
8,833 posts

I think it used to be a long time ago but AFAIK WG no longer counts it as a citadel.

[HINON]
Supertester
18,916 posts
12,446 battles
49 minutes ago, Chien_Lu_Anderman said:

^ This.

There are often some shenanigans with the ribbons shown on the screen, they sometimes report things that didn't actually happen. The recorded damage total however is accurate. You are shooting with a Yamato, so it's impossible to get a citadel while doing <7k dmg. While at this point it could still be either the ribbon being wrong or the recorded damage total being wrong, the answer to your original question is "no, there is no citadel in the superstructure".

Faulty ribbon reporting.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

I don't know this for fact but if you watch the shell flight on the extreme right when it impacts the ship it is at that moment the citadel is registered I do believe it in fact was the Cit hit. Right location right angle. 

[PVE]
Members
8,844 posts
7,257 battles
2 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

I don't know this for fact but if you watch the shell flight on the extreme right when it impacts the ship it is at that moment the citadel is registered I do believe it in fact was the Cit hit. Right location right angle. 

The far right shell seems to hit above the deck to me. 

I like my killed all the officers explanation as it accounts for the cit and the paltry damage. :)

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

This has nothing to do with history but the shell that Detonated the Hood took the same path although not the same angle.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,780 posts
14,828 battles
2 hours ago, Doomlock said:

You just shot the ship in the head!

WOW! I certainly hope the head wasn't occupied at the time, PAINFUL wouldn't even begin to describe that experience.

Members
1,634 posts
9,728 battles

I have wondered about this.

I have scored crazy a citadel with Khaba around 11 to 12km on both a bow on North Carolina and semi broadside FDG.  No amount of blasting away in the training room has enabled me to recreated the shot.  I have wondered in the conn was the case and my shells plunged over the heavy armor into it.

I cant recreate it though, so no idea.

[SYN]
Members
4,525 posts
11,433 battles

As far as the game itself is concerned, the armored conning tower counts as part of the citadel on ships with both.

[REVY]
Members
6,014 posts
5,102 battles
5 hours ago, Lodestaar said:

The captain certainly has a bad migraine after that....

The Commander is hurt!  He/she can't focus!

HLTNVVE.gif

Just use first aid kit noob!

Edited by Sventex

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,598 posts
14,017 battles

Off-topic... There was a Japanese turn-based WWII strategy game I adored on the Sega Saturn, "Pacific Theater of Operations II" by Koei.  You could play as the IJN or USN.  One of my runs through the game was IJN.  There came a point where the main American BB fleet engaged my BB fleet in the vicinity of the Solomon Islands.  I felt very, very confident because I had Yamato.  I had Yamamoto in command of the force and posted on Yamato.  A peculiar thing the game had was ships had a "Luck" stat.  Yamato had among the lowest in the game, 30 out of 100.  When the big battle started, one of the first American salvos landed on Yamato and I get a message that the bridge took severe damage and Yamamoto was killed.

Well.  That's one effect of a bad luck stat :Smile_teethhappy: