Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

30 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

853
[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
3,803 posts
4,224 battles

   We get a lot of threads on this forum with a similar theme, "Get rid of Detonations." "No more Detonations." "No dets." "Plz remove dets."

However, did you know that it's actually a denotation?

5a6944de07f2f_Screenshot2018-01-2421_43_28.png.4ca08ab3ab18cb1e11e1e80caa71b2be.png5a6944e08cc52_Screenshot2018-01-2421_43_34.png.6dd4fb9c0c06f789cef5001d54e9ddba.png5a6944e28ce6a_Screenshot2018-01-2421_43_37.png.4e77f2054c9409279a8a4971a0058e2d.png

 

  Who knew? Even the WoWS developers misspelled it in the detailed description, just like you and me.

I've done some thinking, and I think I may know how this works, backed by 000% science:
  See, when a magazine takes damage, it destroys the notes of the magazine's existence, which are obviously stored in the magazine. Thus, when the notes are destroyed (de-noted, or no longer noted), the ship forgets that it has a magazine, and your ship explodes out of confusion.

Warship confusion is a terrible disease.

Talk to your warships about magazines. Stop the suffering.

  • Cool 3
  • Funny 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,929
[PVE]
Members
8,783 posts
7,234 battles
6 minutes ago, Carrier_Lexington said:

   We get a lot of threads on this forum with a similar theme, "Get rid of Detonations." "No more Detonations." "No dets." "Plz remove dets."

However, did you know that it's actually a denotation?

5a6944de07f2f_Screenshot2018-01-2421_43_28.png.4ca08ab3ab18cb1e11e1e80caa71b2be.png5a6944e08cc52_Screenshot2018-01-2421_43_34.png.6dd4fb9c0c06f789cef5001d54e9ddba.png5a6944e28ce6a_Screenshot2018-01-2421_43_37.png.4e77f2054c9409279a8a4971a0058e2d.png

 

  Who knew? Even the WoWS developers misspelled it in the detailed description, just like you and me.

I've done some thinking, and I think I may know how this works, backed by 000% science:
  See, when a magazine takes damage, it destroys the notes of the magazine's existence, which are obviously stored in the magazine. Thus, when the notes are destroyed (de-noted, or no longer noted), the ship forgets that it has a magazine, and your ship explodes out of confusion.

Warship confusion is a terrible disease.

Talk to your warships about magazines. Stop the suffering.

:Smile_teethhappy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
148
[CUTIE]
Beta Testers
1,721 posts
2,549 battles

*A random Dictonary facepalms in the distance.*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,575
[TASH]
Members
4,989 posts
7,875 battles
Just now, Raven114 said:

That was reported a long, long time ago.

And it still isn't fixed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,341
[HINON]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,174 posts
2,029 battles

Wow... this...

 

This would be a shame if it slipped past someone who was an English major or something like that, even if it was staring them straight in the face, right?

 

:Smile-_tongue:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,575
[TASH]
Members
4,989 posts
7,875 battles
1 minute ago, Phoenix_jz said:

Wow... this...

 

This would be a shame if it slipped past someone who was an English major or something like that, even if it was staring them straight in the face, right?

 

:Smile-_tongue:

Tears_of_Joy_Emoji.png?98989227497069572

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,341
[HINON]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,174 posts
2,029 battles
1 minute ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

I can attest to the letter "T" being elusive. My Game Name shows this.

I never noticed that until now :Smile_teethhappy:

It happens, lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
660
[UDEAD]
[UDEAD]
Beta Testers
1,023 posts
10,162 battles
2 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

I can attest to the letter "T" being elusive. My Game Name shows this.

LOL, I always mentally filled in the "T" in your handle.  I would have never suspected that your name didn't have a T in it without you pointing it out. I guess it's that thing where your brain fills in values it expects to see.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,074
[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor
6,225 posts
3,079 battles
16 minutes ago, Phoenix_jz said:

Wow... this...

 

This would be a shame if it slipped past someone who was an English major or something like that, even if it was staring them straight in the face, right?

 

:Smile-_tongue:

 

In fairness, this English major you speak of has a slight case of the dyslexia (it's not slight.), and is used to substituting missing letters into a word or rearranging it entirely. 

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,822
[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

Wehn ervr a msis selpeled  wrod os wirtten    the mnid see's it and can copmenstate  for msot raeders .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,708
[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles

QXH8WVH.gif

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,367
[HINON]
[HINON]
Beta Testers
5,913 posts
5,198 battles

LOL denotations XD

What does the magazine denote?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
698
[UFFA]
Beta Testers
3,749 posts
3,739 battles
5 minutes ago, Captain_Dorja said:

LOL denotations XD

What does the magazine denote?

Salt?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,119
[NBGC]
Members
3,041 posts
10,248 battles

It's not unlike what we throw around in battles, every time we load into one.

You simply cannot know how many times I half expect to see a poster bringing up something about city or county laws, whenever they refer to shells and torpedoes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22,424
[HINON]
Supertester
18,898 posts
12,421 battles

But ... but ... who am I going to donate a magazine to now?

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×