You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Riker_2

Battleships

11 comments in this topic

[HRG]
Members
30 posts
3,742 battles

This my sound like silly question try and to chose my next Battleship i have enough credit for Japan tier 6 Battleship and i almost have enough for German Tier 7 which is better. Having had time picking i have read and seen on you tube Japan tier 6 hits hard and the German tier 7 guns are so so.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,240 posts
8,815 battles

I would go with the Gneisenau.

• Cool 1

Members
1,780 posts
5,642 battles

My opinion the German Battleships tier 7-8 are the best in the game!

• Cool 1

[CUTIE]
Beta Testers
1,721 posts
2,582 battles

Even when I am a Japanese BB main, I say go with the Gneisenau.

• Cool 1

[HRG]
Members
30 posts
3,742 battles

I will go with the German tier 7 Battleship thanks for all the answers to Toxic_Potato i have USA up to tier 7 and i don`t do very good with them.

Beta Testers
1,143 posts
3,273 battles

I'd go towards whichever T10 you want first. But if that reason isn't reason enough; ie grinds don't matter to you. Look at it from a playstyle stand point. 

If you enjoy up close and in your face Bismarck at T8 would make grabbing Gneisenau at T7 a good choice. Sure it's only got 6 cannons to its main battery, but it's got 5.3km base secondaries (boosted to 8km) which is acceptable brawling ranges if you're top tier or close enough for cap support.

Fuso at T6 for the IJN line is a fair shift away from the BC styles of play you have with the Kongo-class but if you have an ARP clone kicking about that BC itch shouldn't be felt that strongly. Fuso while slower than Kongo does make up for it with its 12 cannons across 6 turrets. It's a pretty fearsome "shotgun" blast when it fires a full broadside VS CACLs and BBs, likewise the Shell saturation against DDs regardless of ammo choice is daunting on the receiving end. It's Secondary Battery can also put in a few licks if spec'ed for; although primary focus on Main Batteries is more appropriate for the line. And it takes you one step closer to eventual getting Yamato. Edit:: also 6 turrets staggered across 28s is an impressive RoF even if it's only 2shells per shot. ::Edit

Going back to the playstyle choices:

If you favour being slightly more standoff-ish continue down the IJN line. You could spec secondaries for the occasional brawling and still do "okay" but their primary specially is Main Batteries. 

If you prefer being more forward around Cap Zones continue further down the German line. At least until Bismarck, as most consider that the apex of Secondary Builds. Not saying you shouldn't be standoffish, but you do need to know when you need to stay back. Sure you've put points and modules into your secondaries, but if you're pressed to forward too early you'll be insta focused because your a big slow BB that's a Torpedo magnetic and matchbox waiting to be lit up.

So gague your playstyle, pick a long-term goal (or short term one; line research is key), and pick a ship accordingly. Nothing says you cannot spec the reverse considering specialties of a ship; I tend to favour secondaries even on my Cruisers. But each line has a specific Flavour and playstyle in mind so if you are a person who Min/Max's then take the ship that matches your playstyle the most and Max it's characteristics for maximum enjoyment. 

Edited by Ivlerlin

[BSL]
Members
724 posts
14,392 battles

I will throw this into your decision, many are frustrated by the KM shell dispersion.  IJN is usually much more accurate.  I get excited and stupid in IJN and get in too close.  Yammi has great secondaries but she is still not a brawler.