Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
AdmiralThunder

My Turn = Neptune

23 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

2,026
[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,295 posts
10,095 battles

So, I see a lot of Neptune threads here. I just unlocked it and am a bit apprehensive to say the least with all the negative comments on it. Have loved the BRN CL line for the most part and want Minotaur. Minotaur was the 1st ship I wanted once I started playing besides Hood (wasn't in game when I started) and Bismarck. So have to go through Neptune. God I hope it isn't as bad as some say...? :Smile_hiding: LOL

I think what surprises me is how bad it handles stock. Even with SGM2 it has a 12.1 rudder shift on the stock hull? Man that is almost BB bad. How the heck do you WASD to avoid shot with a rudder like that? I can see a lot of citadels against me coming. Need to get that B Hull asap and get it down to 8+ seconds asap for sure. 

Went stealth/AA build to start. Might end up swapping out AAGM3 for MBM3 and the reduced reload of main guns but figured 5 seconds was pretty good and this way I could max AA.

Any tips, advice, or good natured ribbing welcome LOL. The adventure begins ... :Smile_izmena:

hLhL1HF.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
269
[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
1,707 posts
9,376 battles

how far are you on the KGV toward the Monarch?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,030
Alpha Tester
4,600 posts
2,400 battles

Pretty much play it like this:

 

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,026
[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,295 posts
10,095 battles
13 minutes ago, ObiwankzKenobi said:

how far are you on the KGV toward the Monarch?

About 20-25 more games for Monarch. No hurry to go up the BRN BB line. I actually like KGV but haven't really cared for the rest of the standard ones. Would like to get Conqueror eventually but that will be after GK for sure (am at FDG).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,026
[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,295 posts
10,095 battles
20 minutes ago, 1Sherman said:

Pretty much play it like this:

 

ROFL! I almost wet myself. That was hilarious. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
269
[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
1,707 posts
9,376 battles

I will get the Monarch coz i got the perm camo previously. I got Neptune, but i didn't get used to the radar play style so i stop playing her, need to re access play style but this going to take long time. I just got the Yamato 2 days ago and wasted all my FreeXP. I need to work my way up the freeXP to get the Musashi later, i also got the FDG, and around 100k more to the GK, i got the Baltimore and wanted to finish this first. Plus from the DoY quest, i got NM, Gaede, and Fushun all with nice shiny perm camo

So i prioritize to get DesMoine first then decided later which line next. I still have the Nagato half done where i would like to go back and grind the Amagi/Izumo. I play Yamato in co-op, and only dare to take her to 1 random game (won the game too) as i wanted the perm camo, the HSF camo for the Yamato, this going to finish around 30/4 given or take. I am also depleted in credit but building it back up.

 

So, playing Baltimore, Mo, Yamato and co-op most of my available premium ship. Too much time given to WoWs

lol

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,458
[AXANR]
Members
3,354 posts
16,499 battles
11 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

About 20-25 more games for Monarch. No hurry to go up the BRN BB line. I actually like KGV but haven't really cared for the rest of the standard ones. Would like to get Conqueror eventually but that will be after GK for sure (am at FDG).

Monarch is the low point of the line IMO; I kept KGV because she's so much fun, but Monarch was terribad. Lion and Conqueror are both amazing tho...sold Lion when done because Missouri is my go-to t9 BB, but Conqueror has replaced GK as my favorite t10 BB. 

As far as Neptune goes, I liked her. She's the pinnacle of the regular British CLs; I played her just like I do Fiji and did well. Mino plays differently for me. I ended up selling Neptune for some of the credits to buy Conqueror because I rarely played her after unlocking Minotaur; I loved Mino and Fiji and Neptune just didnt get a lot of use. But she's a solid ship, definitely fun to play and not a chore to grind like some ships are when you're trying to get past them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,026
[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,295 posts
10,095 battles
23 minutes ago, poeticmotion said:

Monarch is the low point of the line IMO; I kept KGV because she's so much fun, but Monarch was terribad. Lion and Conqueror are both amazing tho...sold Lion when done because Missouri is my go-to t9 BB, but Conqueror has replaced GK as my favorite t10 BB. 

As far as Neptune goes, I liked her. She's the pinnacle of the regular British CLs; I played her just like I do Fiji and did well. Mino plays differently for me. I ended up selling Neptune for some of the credits to buy Conqueror because I rarely played her after unlocking Minotaur; I loved Mino and Fiji and Neptune just didnt get a lot of use. But she's a solid ship, definitely fun to play and not a chore to grind like some ships are when you're trying to get past them. 

Good to know as I love Fiji and do great in it. Struggled in Ed for some reason?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,026
[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,295 posts
10,095 battles

OMG I got taken out from full health with a detonation by Montana's secondary guns!!! :Smile_amazed:

Game started ok as I capped C alone and then went towards B to help with the big rush. Had the Montana grounded shooting away from me so came around to torp it and it's secondary guns opened up and I went BOOM!!! WTH??? LOL :Smile_facepalm: 1 shell = 39,900 damage. 

Was a short 1st game and a loss. The bots got us. :Smile_sceptic:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,766 posts
17,303 battles
27 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Struggled in Ed for some reason?

Yeah...the bald headed step child of the line...Figi & Neptune share the same rudder shift...Ed is a whole second slower...that's the main reason.

Figi obviously gets better MM than Nep but Nep is a good ship...bigger turn radius than Figi due to size but much faster gun rotation balances that out. Figi is much more fun overall but Neptune is a big improvement over Ed (should be called the special Ed IMO).

& on the brightest side...after the 1st battle (single 2ndary det...ouch) things can only get better from their.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,026
[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,295 posts
10,095 battles
7 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Yeah...the bald headed step child of the line...Figi & Neptune share the same rudder shift...Ed is a whole second slower...that's the main reason.

Figi obviously gets better MM than Nep but Nep is a good ship...bigger turn radius than Figi due to size but much faster gun rotation balances that out. Figi is much more fun overall but Neptune is a big improvement over Ed (should be called the special Ed IMO).

& on the brightest side...after the 1st battle (single 2ndary det...ouch) things can only get better from their.

Actually, Fiji has a much better rudder than Neptune.

  • Fiji w/ B Hull & SGM2 = 6.9 seconds
  • Neptune w/ B Hull & SGM2 = 8.6 seconds

I will take 8.6 over 12.1 any day though. Damn it is rough having such a slow rudder in a fragile Cruiser. :Smile_amazed:

LOL yeah my 2nd match was better and no BB secondary guns got me LOL...

 v18meKR.jpg

4qArVq9.jpg

PN3LOFs.jpg

Edited by AdmiralThunder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,458
[AXANR]
Members
3,354 posts
16,499 battles
6 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Yeah...the bald headed step child of the line...Figi & Neptune share the same rudder shift...Ed is a whole second slower...that's the main reason.

Figi obviously gets better MM than Nep but Nep is a good ship...bigger turn radius than Figi due to size but much faster gun rotation balances that out. Figi is much more fun overall but Neptune is a big improvement over Ed (should be called the special Ed IMO).

& on the brightest side...after the 1st battle (single 2ndary det...ouch) things can only get better from their.

I did OK in Edinburgh. She has a reputation for being worse for her tier than others, but I think thats mostly MM...Fiji isn't bottom tier as often because of the t5-7 mm issues and Neptune and Mino by definition never play against ships two tiers higher like Edin does. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
313
[GRFOX]
Members
2,170 posts
4,521 battles

Played it on the PTS I like Neptune more than Minotaur. Minotaur relies to much on her guns and smoke. Neptune feels like well rounded. Both are worth the grind though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,766 posts
17,303 battles
27 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Actually, Fiji has a much better rudder than Neptune.

  • Fiji w/ B Hull & SGM2 = 6.9 seconds
  • Neptune w/ B Hull & SGM2 = 8.6 seconds

LOL...I must have been comparing them on PT w/out the SGM2s added to the Figi or Edinburg...but one thing that the Neptune has that the Brit line hasn't seen since the Emerald...double sets of torps on each side...those are nice:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
268 posts
4,636 battles

The Neptune is great fun but needs to be played carefully to be effective. It is extremely unforgiving of mistakes and a lapse in concentration or poor choice of course may mean you get whiplash watching your health bar go down. You won't be bored though. And once you get her in the right situation you will be amazed at how fast she can rack up damage. You may not have HE but the AP can still do plenty of damage to BB's especially if they go broadside to you.

Basically avoid being seen. Get into position behind and island or in your smoke with team mates to spot for you and let fly.  Have an escape route planned though even driving away you will take plenty of damage if spotted.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,026
[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,295 posts
10,095 battles
1 hour ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

LOL...I must have been comparing them on PT w/out the SGM2s added to the Figi or Edinburg...but one thing that the Neptune has that the Brit line hasn't seen since the Emerald...double sets of torps on each side...those are nice:)

Yes they are. Missed those double racks.

I got the B Hull for Neptune now man what a difference. NOW it reminds me of Fiji.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,026
[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,295 posts
10,095 battles
1 minute ago, Terkoz said:

The Neptune is great fun but needs to be played carefully to be effective. It is extremely unforgiving of mistakes and a lapse in concentration or poor choice of course may mean you get whiplash watching your health bar go down. You won't be bored though. And once you get her in the right situation you will be amazed at how fast she can rack up damage. You may not have HE but the AP can still do plenty of damage to BB's especially if they go broadside to you.

Basically avoid being seen. Get into position behind and island or in your smoke with team mates to spot for you and let fly.  Have an escape route planned though even driving away you will take plenty of damage if spotted.  

Yup. Just played a game using islands and smoke to distribute the damage around. Another 90K game, couple caps, etc... 

Edited by AdmiralThunder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45
[WOLFB]
Members
147 posts
5,248 battles
19 hours ago, 1Sherman said:

Pretty much play it like this:

 

If you can play it like this, you need to get your own YouTube channel as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,030
Alpha Tester
4,600 posts
2,400 battles
40 minutes ago, Grflrgl said:

If you can play it like this, you need to get your own YouTube channel as well.

 

I can't, but that doesn't mean I can't post funny stuff that may be found helpful by someone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,026
[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,295 posts
10,095 battles
6 minutes ago, 1Sherman said:

 

I can't, but that doesn't mean I can't post funny stuff that may be found helpful by someone.

It made me laugh and it helped so thanks.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45
[WOLFB]
Members
147 posts
5,248 battles
15 hours ago, 1Sherman said:

 

I can't, but that doesn't mean I can't post funny stuff that may be found helpful by someone.

Didn't say you couldn't. Just havin' some fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
117
[VX9]
Beta Testers
323 posts
3,680 battles

Ah, Nep. The only ship that I played in which I was regularly deleted if somebody so much as farted in my general direction. I feel that, when you purchase the Neptune, the 'How Not to Be Seen' skit from Monty Python needs come up on the screen as mandatory viewing because she is so fragile. Drifting out of smoke, waiting too long, getting the slightest bit greedy, or just being in the wrong place at the wrong time and I usually ended up staring at the screen watching my ship disappear. Worst part is, a lot of times you just knew when death was coming, and all you could do was wait. That being said, she was pretty enjoyable when she wasn't sunk, especially against CVs who didn't know any better. Monster AA range and damage output, plus being able to shred things at close range was a lot of fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×