You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
ihsasum

WG plz improve Clan War play time to be more friendlier to students and those not live in NA

30 comments in this topic

[ZAOAI]
Members
36 posts
30,678 battles

WG, your Clan War play time sucked in the pilot season. I had to get up at 6:00am to prepare and play because I live in Asia. Plz remember! Those who play on NA server don't member they live in NA. Most of my clanmates are students in NA. How can they play on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday? As a clan, we had good results and good wr (over 65%) and yet we failed to stay at Typhoon simply because we didn't have time to play enough (from Squall to Typhoon on Sunday only for a grand total of less than 70 battles) :(:(:(

Plz make Clan War avaible for the whole day during weekends!

• Cool 1
  • Bad 2

[DKM]
Members
106 posts
14,449 battles

A yes from me. I hope they remember it. Please give us more times to play.

[WOLFB]
Members
1,668 posts
8,052 battles

I think WG should just make CB like ranked : always available. Having to play CB within a certain period of time isn't always convenient. 

• Cool 4

[WOLF1]
Members
619 posts
12,934 battles
11 minutes ago, AlcatrazNC said:

I think WG should just make CB like ranked : always available. Having to play CB within a certain period of time isn't always convenient.

Pretty much THIS.  Everyone would be able to participate this way.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
1,506 posts
7,389 battles
11 hours ago, AlcatrazNC said:

11 hours ago, knice_destroyer said:

Pretty much THIS.  Everyone would be able to participate this way.

Without designated time periods, que times would become horrendous. So, yeah, you get to que up at your favorite time period only to wait an hour to get a battle?

I think the designated time periods should alternate days, and have more days. Tues-Thur-Sat 8pm-11pm EST and Wed-Fri-Sun 8am to 11am EST.

[BLUMR]
Members
2,048 posts
6,976 battles
12 hours ago, ihsasum said:

WG, your Clan War play time sucked in the pilot season. I had to get up at 6:00am to prepare and play because I live in Asia. Plz remember! Those who play on NA server don't member they live in NA. Most of my clanmates are students in NA. How can they play on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday? As a clan, we had good results and good wr (over 65%) and yet we failed to stay at Typhoon simply because we didn't have time to play enough (from Squall to Typhoon on Sunday only for a grand total of less than 70 battles) :(:(:(

Dont complain about the time frame for clan wars ons north america if your living in asia. Honestly what do you even expect. WG purposely released a server just for asia calle "wait for it" THE ASIA SERVER

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[BIAS]
Members
3,049 posts
9,023 battles
12 hours ago, Radar_X said:

We don't have a time frame but will this help?

Vague promise with no timeframe.

Like CVs getting reworked in 2017...

This is a big issue to a lot of clans, we all don't live on the east coast and I want to play with all my clan mates. I understand Q times and all that and don't think we should be catering to people that decide to play on non regional servers. At the very least, extend it an hour longer. 

[LEGIT]
Members
53 posts
17,308 battles

I have to agree with River, I live in the NA server region as such I play on the NA server. The few times I tried to get on EU or Asia servers (was a while ago) I get told I cant be on the other servers.... Had a youtube video maker friend get a 45 day ban from game play, for try'n to play on a server he didn't live in...... he is a NA server player

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
196 posts
5,662 battles

OP creates thread to complain about NA Clan Battle server time... when he lives in Asia....   genius.

IMO - Clan Battles should be cut down to 3 days per week with an additional 1 hour added to the time (equaling roughly the same amount of play time)  - alternating days every other week.  

For example...   Week#1 -   8pm to 12am EST  (5pm to 9pm PST) - Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday

Week #2 - 8pm to 12am EST - Wednesday Friday Sunday

Week #3 - Tues, Thurs, Sat

etc..

• Bad 2

[CUTIE]
[CUTIE]
Members
168 posts
8,454 battles

With the cross server play,  my very approximate calculations suggest that CB would be available roughly 14 hours a day.  I made a lot of assumptions,  but cross server helps a lot, except maybe for the US West Coast.  

Edited by TheBigM145

Members
306 posts

I know a few people who live in the pacfic ring of fire, who prefer NA servers, and not just for WoW.  Don't be a Trump...

[BLUMR]
Members
2,048 posts
6,976 battles
24 minutes ago, killsbane67 said:

I know a few people who live in the pacfic ring of fire, who prefer NA servers, and not just for WoW.  Don't be a Trump...

Dont matter if you prefer NA why tf should People on the east coast like i for example should cut my time down for some person in asia to play when hes breaking the rules on na

• Bad 3

[PLPTV]
Members
1,457 posts
9,077 battles
15 hours ago, ihsasum said:

NA server times are set for those who live in Americas and in those particular time zones. If you live in Asia, you have your own server to play on. If you want to play on NA, its YOUR job to make it work, no WG's. 

You have your own server, especially designed for your timezone that you are not playing on. Go play on your own server, otherwise stop b*tching.

Edited by Ulthwey

[AK]
Beta Testers
331 posts
9,045 battles

the NA server "prime time" is for the East Coast. For us on the west coast the start time is when most are either on the way home (stuck in traffic) or eating dinner. So no it is not exactly great for ALL of the NA area. 

[POP]
Members
841 posts
9,497 battles
2 hours ago, RiverTheIdiot said:

Dont complain about the time frame for clan wars ons north america if your living in asia. Honestly what do you even expect. WG purposely released a server just for asia calle "wait for it" THE ASIA SERVER

lol
wait i was gonna type something serious, maybe it'll come back to me..

3 hours ago, OtterWolf said:

Without designated time periods, que times would become horrendous. So, yeah, you get to que up at your favorite time period only to wait an hour to get a battle?

I think the designated time periods should alternate days, and have more days. Tues-Thur-Sat 8pm-11pm EST and Wed-Fri-Sun 8am to 11am EST.

Something like this, where on the weekends there could be two time periods a day:   8am -11am then 8pm-11pm

[-K-]
Supertester
3,086 posts
6,828 battles

The only time changes needed are to allow West Coast people to play CB.  8pm to 2am EST allows West Coast folks an opportunity to play.  I actually like only having CB available 4 days a week.  It keeps the queues reasonable. 

[LRM3]
[LRM3]
Members
391 posts
5,406 battles

I live in the NA and honestly the Clan Battle times were horrible last time around. My work schedule couldn't even work for the times suggested. I think it should just stay open like suggested previously by AlcatrazNC. 

Members
306 posts
3 hours ago, RiverTheIdiot said:

Dont matter if you prefer NA why tf should People on the east coast like i for example should cut my time down for some person in asia to play when hes breaking the rules on na

I was playing on the NA server on my last trip to Okinawa, But I'm based in the States, does that mean I'm breaking the rules? 

[OO7]
Alpha Tester
6,700 posts
3,468 battles

IMO Clan Wars should have separate times for each Server. The NA times should make sense for all of NA, and they should also allow players to transfer accounts from one region or the other for a fee.

While I do sympathize with those from other continents not being able to participate during the waking hours in other region's Clan Wars, it is also a bit hard to avoid in this sort of environment. I travel Monday through Friday and feel the pain of those who cannot always participate, but I've tried to understand that this isn't War Gaming being mean to me, but a product of my lifestyle.

[PT8TO]
Members
1,402 posts
12,884 battles
4 hours ago, Pope_Shizzle said:

The only time changes needed are to allow West Coast people to play CB.  8pm to 2am EST allows West Coast folks an opportunity to play.  I actually like only having CB available 4 days a week.  It keeps the queues reasonable. 

Yeah on the East Coast it worked out well for me,  Get off work do some stuff around the house and then jump into Clan Battles.

Also agree 4 days was more than enough, even though I think it would work out better if those 4 days were Monday, Tues, Friday and Saturday and have Sunday to recover before going back to work on Monday.

[WOLFB]
Members
1,668 posts
8,052 battles
11 hours ago, OtterWolf said:

It really depends on people opinion. Do you want to spend more time in queue but basically have unlimited CB play time or do you want a shorter queue duration but a limited CB playtime ?.

I don't live in America but fortunately, I was able to do CB because I had time when the event occured. If you ask me, I would prefer having to spend more time in queue but having access to CB mode at any moment just because sometime it's convenient for me.  If I'm unable to do CB this time, then I could just do it later if we have enough people. Also let's say you just earned 24 hours premium time from operation or mission. You decide to spend this time to grind ship but unfortunately, you're asked to do CB because the clan need people. You accept and play CB but after 2-3 hours when the event is finished, you don't really want to grind ship, you just want to take a break.