You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Komrade_Rylo

T8 Premium New Jersey

73 comments in this topic

[OPG]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,872 posts
10,416 battles

We have a t9 yamato class so we can have a t8 Iowa class.

Stats

-69000hp

-21km range

-30 second reload

-a hull Iowa level aa

-30 second rudder shift

-33 knot top speed

-45 second gun traverse

-2.0 sigma, no accuracy mod (same accuracy as NC)

-UnbuffedIowa citadel. Comes 20 feet out of the water.

I think it would be a pretty decent t8, but would have awful armor to make up for better guns and top speed

• Funny 2
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 4

[FDK]
Members
1,070 posts
6,039 battles
6 minutes ago, Fog_Battleship_NCarolina said:

We have a t9 yamato class so we can have a t8 Iowa class.

Stats

-69000hp

-21km range

-30 second reload

-a hull Iowa level aa

-30 second rudder shift

-33 knot top speed

-45 second gun traverse

-2.0 sigma, no accuracy mod (same accuracy as NC)

-UnbuffedIowa citadel. Comes 20 feet out of the water.

I think it would be a pretty decent t8, but would have awful armor to make up for better guns and top speed

• Funny 2

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
4,964 posts
6,451 battles
7 minutes ago, Fog_Battleship_NCarolina said:

30 second rudder shift

no

• Cool 1

[CMFRT]
693 posts
1,687 battles

I like the Iowa a lot... but this is a bad idea. Just like a tier 9 Yamato was a bad idea.

[SIM]
Members
2,439 posts
4,080 battles

Honestly? Tier VIII is more important than Tier IX. WG’s Musashi shenanigans work at Tier IX because that will never be used for Ranked (or any other mode of renown). At Tier VIII it would be a disaster to release a slightly downgraded version of a higher tier ship. So no, not going to hapen, and not the same animal as Musashi.

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
1,714 posts
9,481 battles

Alabama with x2 3 torp tube as next t8 for game balance???

[HINON]
7,195 posts
2,029 battles

Do we really need a third Iowa as a third American tier VIII BB premium?

• Bad 1

[GRFOX]
Members
2,242 posts
4,521 battles
32 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

Honestly? Tier VIII is more important than Tier IX. WG’s Musashi shenanigans work at Tier IX because that will never be used for Ranked (or any other mode of renown). At Tier VIII it would be a disaster to release a slightly downgraded version of a higher tier ship. So no, not going to hapen, and not the same animal as Musashi.

USS Kidd

• Funny 1

[5D]
Members
2,222 posts
14,012 battles
25 minutes ago, ObiwankzKenobi said:

Alabama with x2 3 torp tube as next t8 for game balance???

Nah it needs a different gimmick, how about early cruise missiles?

• Funny 2

[OPG]
2,872 posts
10,416 battles
10 minutes ago, Phoenix_jz said:

I need all 4 of them and will spend any amount of money for new Jersey and Wisconsin

• Cool 1

[OPG]
2,872 posts
10,416 battles

I'm sad now. This was an actual serious post. No, an a hull Iowa with worse accuracy, a citadel above water and 33 knot top speed would not destroy t8

[SIM]
Members
2,439 posts
4,080 battles
6 minutes ago, GreyFox78659 said:

USS Kidd

That undergunned DD that is only useful for fighting other DDs? That’s your trump card?

[TURDS]
Members
552 posts
3,646 battles

We have the  NC as the tech tree ship; the Alabama as one T8 premium & the Mass. as #2 premium at T8. So a 3rd T8? Not going to happen. Especially with the upcoming USN cruiser line split.  I would rather they split off an alternate USN BB/BC line and put the Alaska in at around T7. They can mess around with some of the alternate North Carolina and other designs that were never made due to the various naval arms limitation treaties. Imagine a fast(28knot) BB with 12x 14" guns & good AA. Or a slightly lighter Iowa,  NC or SoDak. with 12 of Alaska's 12" guns.(can you say cruiser murderer?)

[OPG]
2,872 posts
10,416 battles
1 minute ago, Curly__san said:

We have the  NC as the tech tree ship; the Alabama as one T8 premium & the Mass. as #2 premium at T8. So a 3rd T8? Not going to happen. Especially with the upcoming USN cruiser line split.  I would rather they split off an alternate USN BB/BC line and put the Alaska in at around T7. They can mess around with some of the alternate North Carolina and other designs that were never made due to the various naval arms limitation treaties. Imagine a fast(28knot) BB with 12x 14" guns & good AA. Or a slightly lighter Iowa,  NC or SoDak. with 12 of Alaska's 12" guns.(can you say cruiser murderer?)

Mass isn't in the game yet. And I think we need to have every fast usn bb in the game bc despite you thinking we don't need them, people will buy them just for the name of the ship.

Members
4,745 posts
5,464 battles
43 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

3 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

That undergunned DD that is only useful for fighting other DDs? That’s your trump card?

I'd have to throw Kii out there.

From what I understand, if Kii were a tech tree ship in a second BB/FBB line for the IJN, she'd be a proper T9 after Tosa at T8(unless the second line would move Amagi over and slot Tosa after Nagato). What we have right now is essentially like every other IJN premium BB, a stock hull, down-tiered ship.

[GRFOX]
Members
2,242 posts
4,521 battles
21 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

It’s tier 9 at tier 8 and it works. Drops microphone, walks away.

Edited by GreyFox78659

[TURDS]
Members
552 posts
3,646 battles
10 minutes ago, Fog_Battleship_NCarolina said:

Mass isn't in the game yet. And I think we need to have every fast usn bb in the game bc despite you thinking we don't need them, people will buy them just for the name of the ship.

That is true. I didn't think about collectors and that is certainly a consideration. In that case; I shall await USS Washington and Adm. Willis A. Lee. We'll see which one they offer up next. Care to guess?

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,412 posts
10,181 battles
1 hour ago, tcbaker777 said:

no

Not "no" it's...

• HELL NO!
  • F-NO!
  • HAVE YOU LOST YOUR MIND NO?

That means even with SGM2 it would have a 24 second rudder shift. You would have to start your turn in the game you are currently playing to actually begin turning in the next one.

no...No...NO...NO! :Smile_amazed:

• Funny 1

[HINON]
7,195 posts
2,029 battles
22 minutes ago, Fog_Battleship_NCarolina said:

That might be true to a degree, but then there's the saturation affect.

We're talking about variants of ships that will just end up not selling well outside of the NA, especially if they're just clones. If they're not, WG's gotta spend time balancing them instead of other premiums - and at diminishing return as people see the same basic ship over and over again.

Outside of NA they'll rapidly lose draw because most people just don't care about all the Fast BBs. Washington, South Dakota, and Massachusetts all have big names for their surface actions, but your Indiana's of the world are forgotten. You'd have an easier time selling Prince of Wales as a third KGV, or more Kongo's like Hiei and Kirishima - both veterans of famous battles. Another QE like Valiant, etc.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
4,964 posts
6,451 battles
26 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Not "no" it's...

• HELL NO!
  • F-NO!
  • HAVE YOU LOST YOUR MIND NO?

That means even with SGM2 it would have a 24 second rudder shift. You would have to start your turn in the game you are currently playing to actually begin turning in the next one.

no...No...NO...NO! :Smile_amazed:

ah yes, how foolish of me, why not combine all 3 of those nos tho?

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,020 posts
11,539 battles
1 hour ago, Phoenix_jz said:

No, we need Washington.  Or Kentucky in her gulf war guise with 4 5" turrets per side for the outer AA aura and Hood style close in CIWS for the Phalanx