SignalFour

30% off coupon for "any World of Warships package" cannot be used on all regular Premium ships

12 comments in this topic

[SOB]
Members
3 posts
2,873 battles

Just thought I'd share my recent experience with Wargaming. I for the first time ever, received a coupon that I could use as a discount on premium content. The coupon states that I can use it on any package on the premium shop website that is not on discount or special offer. However, I cannot apparently use it to purchase the Alabama or the Kii, although I could use it to purchase the Tirpitz, Atago or Hood (see images). Now, I actually wanted the Alabama, so that was what I was hoping to purchase. Note that the coupon is only good for 7 days.

I contacted customer support, and for days now, have been going back and forth with them. Tomorrow is the last day the coupon is good, and I still have no response as of yet. I've reached out again tonight, but it seems silly that they haven't just given me the discount for the ship I wanted. What's the difference to them between the Tirpitz and the Alabama anyways? They are almost the same price, and I figured if I was going to get 30% off I'd go for a really nice ship (and I like the American ships). I thought I'd post here, just to warn folks that these coupons are NOT good for any ship, even when that ship is not on discount, special offer, and isn't a limited time ship, but just a normal Premium.

Here's the full exchange so far between me and customer support. I really feel like Wargaming has dropped the ball here.

Ticket #1233515

Category:
WoWS
Sub-category:
Billing Support
Hello, I recieved a 30% off coupon for World of Warships items. I can see the coupon on the Tirpitz, but not on the ship I want to purchase, the USS Alabama (see images). Please assist me in getting the coupon on the ship I'd like to purchase (I have not yet purchased it).

PazerLehr
Processing...
CANCEL

Replies

Mel Figureoa January 21, 2018 8:35 AM

Hi PazerLehr,

Thank you for reaching us at Wargaming Support! We are very happy to hear from you.

We understand you're having some trouble with regards to your purchases. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused you. We certainly know the frustration you are having as of the moment.

Please note that not coupons are not applicable on all items in the premium shop. You cannot use them on special offers, limited offers, offers that are already discounted and for gold bundles. For more information, we suggest on visiting our FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions) on this link https://na.wargaming.net/support/

We're very sorry for any trouble this may have given to you.

We look forward on seeing you in the battlefield.

May the tides be in your favor!

Best Regards,

Mel Figureoa
Wargaming America Support

Please don't forget to fill out our survey once your ticket has been completed.

Wargaming Support is now on Twitter! Follow us @WargamingCS for updates and announcements. https://twitter.com/WargamingCS

PazerLehr January 21, 2018 7:36 PM
Hello, I indeed checked the FAQ and none of the categories above apply to the Alabama. Its just a normal premium ship, not on special or discount. Why can I not use the coupon on it?

Mel Figureoa January 22, 2018 4:01 AM

Hi PazerLehr,

Thank you for getting back on us! We're glad to hear again from you.

Could you please try the following before purchasing again in the premium shop?

We suggest disabling the add-ons and clearing the history within your browser.

Please disable all Add-Ons

Clear your browser's history

If the issue persist, please let us know so we could have a deeper look into this mater.

May the tides be in your favor!

Best Regards,

Mel Figureoa

Wargaming Support is now on Twitter! Follow us @WargamingCS for updates and announcements. https://twitter.com/WargamingCS

PazerLehr January 22, 2018 10:54 AM
Okay, I disabled addons and cleared history, cookies and data. No change in the behavior... still cannot see the coupon on the Alabama or the Kii, but I can on the Tirpitz, Atago and Hood.

Mitchell Simms January 22, 2018 4:04 PM

Hello PazerLehr,

Thank you for getting back to us.

We would like to apologize for the inconvenience that this has caused you.

Please be informed that this issue is currently being looked into by our Payments Team.

In the mean time, we'll be putting your ticket "On Hold" until we receive additional information regarding this matter.

Rest assured that we'll get back to you as soon as we have an update on this, considering the time-limit on these Discount Coupons.

We appreciate the time that you spent in bringing this matter to our attention.

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,

Mitchell Simms

Wargaming Support is on Twitter! Follow us for updates and announcements: @WargamingCS

PazerLehr January 24, 2018 5:16 PM
Hello,

There's currently less than 2 days left on my coupon and I still don't have an answer. Is there an update?

PazerLehr

no_coupon.jpg

coupon.jpg

Edited by PazerLehr

Members
4,750 posts
5,482 battles

Is the Alabama listed as a "Special Offer"?

The coupons don't apply to special offers, doubloons, and bundles/items that are already discounted. Those are the only reasons why I would think that the coupon wouldn't work for the Alabama, but would for the Tirpitz.

[EREKT]
Members
787 posts
5,784 battles

I doubt Alabama is a special offer since it's basically the same price as the generic Tirpitz... It'd be what, 40ish with a built in discount?

[SYN]
Members
326 posts
5,998 battles

WG needs to hire support people who can read and understand simple questions.

[NDA]
Supertester, Alpha Tester
5,473 posts
4,055 battles

Any updates on the situation? Mine seems to show up fine on the Alabama:

aa9fdcfa6cdbb54c690c0a49dd3e5ad8.png

[SOB]
Members
3 posts
2,873 battles

Apparently the fix was to post about it here. They have since fixed it and I just got the ship. :)

Josh

• Cool 1

[SOB]
Members
3 posts
2,873 battles

I thought for completeness I'd note the final response, which I got today. Note this reply came 6 days after the coupon would have expired, had I not used it already (lucky me the fix got put in). Also, they told me to continue enjoying World of Tanks, so I get the impression that the person replying to my ticket didn't actually READ any of it. But the extra premium time was appreciated... I just hope that in the future they can pay better attention to the customer service requests of the player base. Note I made the dates and WoT in bold.

PazerLehr January 24, 2018 9:46 PM

Okay, its been fixed and I got the ship finally. 

Thanks,

PazerLehr

Daniel Shaw January 30, 2018 1:31 PM

Hello PazerLehr,

Thank you for your reply.

We are glad you were able to resolve the issue, and we appreciate you letting us know.

As a gesture of goodwill, we have also credited your account with 8 days of Premium.

We hope you are enjoying your World of Tanks experience!

If you ever have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at your convenience.

Best Regards,

Daniel Shaw

Wargaming Support is on Twitter! Follow us for updates and announcements: @WargamingCS

Edited by PazerLehr

[GWG]
Beta Testers
5 posts
2,168 battles

Basically it's good for 2 things. A ship with no red tag, discount or limited time offer; or any amount of premium account time from 360 days on down.

[WPP]
Members
459 posts
5,133 battles

Just went to buy premium time and it never showed me a place to select the coupon I got a couple hours ago.  Apparently I have PayPal set up to automatically go through without confirmation, so we'll see what happens.  I hope I didn't just buy 90 days of full price premium... I was thinking about a whole year at 30% off.

[WPP]
Members
459 posts
5,133 battles
On 3/23/2018 at 10:27 PM, galspanic said:

Just went to buy premium time and it never showed me a place to select the coupon I got a couple hours ago.  Apparently I have PayPal set up to automatically go through without confirmation, so we'll see what happens.  I hope I didn't just buy 90 days of full price premium... I was thinking about a whole year at 30% off.

They just refunded me my money (good) and when I asked how to make the coupon work despite explaining that I know how to use it and what is and is not applicable with the coupon, they tell me to hover over the Information "I" to see what the coupon is good for.  Jesus [edited], is reading really that hard?  Are they like health insurance reps where their job is to automatically reject people the first time to discourage users from contacting support?  I am baffled by this.