You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Dodgy_Cookies

Yamato vs Musashi Flag.

13 comments in this topic

[BAKED]
Members
918 posts
8,948 battles

Why is Yamato's ensign flown from a different position than Musashi?   I really like the higher more prominent Musashi position as it allows the national flag to be seen without being obscured by the other two surrounding flags

Yamato:

Spoiler

G8Bzm7Z.jpg

Musashi:

Spoiler

yb2IG6Y.jpg

Edited by Dodgy_Cookies

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

I never noticed this. Maybe the Yammy has the Yamamoto commander? I have no idea why it would be different otherwise.

Members
1,688 posts
7,230 battles
1 minute ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

I never noticed this. Maybe the Yammy has the Yamamoto commander? I have no idea why it would be different otherwise.

No, OP is right.  It is different, Yamamoto has nothing to do with this.

[WLDD]
Beta Testers
318 posts
4,888 battles

That's where the flags were flown from on their real world counterparts.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
1 minute ago, Veksha said:

No, OP is right.  It is different, Yamamoto has nothing to do with this.

I can't explain it any other way if you have Yamamoto on the mushi and not the yammy  is it the very same pic either way?

[BAKED]
Members
918 posts
8,948 battles
2 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

I can't explain it any other way if you have Yamamoto on the mushi and not the yammy  is it the very same pic either way?

The pictures are with Yamamoto on both. The flag position doesnt change even if you have a regular commander in place either.

Members
1,688 posts
7,230 battles
5 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

KRf3pxM.jpg

zYJJVmI.jpg

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

Well that was interesting find then. Because the ships are sisters "Almost identical this could be one of the things that make them their own.

Members
1,688 posts
7,230 battles

Actually they used totally different model from Yamato.  There are a lot of small differences.  When it comes to flags, not only the position is different, but Yamamoto flagpole is straight on Musashi, and angled on Yamato.

[WOLF2]
Alpha Tester
134 posts
9,246 battles

yeah, I think the HSF girls keep the ship soo much clean. They even removed the boats at the after deck of the Musashi (HSF camo). Maybe they sell them to buy some chip and soft drink ....lol:Smile-_tongue:

[REVY]
Members
6,010 posts
5,102 battles
1 hour ago, Singleshot said:

yeah, I think the HSF girls keep the ship soo much clean. They even removed the boats at the after deck of the Musashi (HSF camo). Maybe they sell them to buy some chip and soft drink ....lol:Smile-_tongue:

I love chip and soft drink

[WOLF1]
Members
2,632 posts
8,193 battles
14 hours ago, Veksha said:

When it comes to flags, not only the position is different, but Yamamoto flagpole is straight on Musashi, and angled on Yamato.

That's caused by the HSF camo adding some radar antennae where the flagpole goes. If you have Yamato and Musashi both with their IJN camos, the Yamamoto flagpole is the same.

Members
1,688 posts
7,230 battles
1 hour ago, PelicanHazard said:

That's caused by the HSF camo adding some radar antennae where the flagpole goes. If you have Yamato and Musashi both with their IJN camos, the Yamamoto flagpole is the same.

Oh wow, a geometry change.  I thought the service rails on stern were the only difference.