Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Happy668

feeling is MM is definitely not random

209 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

258
[WOLF1]
Members
1,984 posts

we play warship games, WG is playing a game too, that's us

I think it will be best for a healthy game to leave MM as totally random without any gimmick, so players don't have straight losses or wins

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,778 posts
5,639 battles

MM is random all it does is Balance type of ships so the playing field is level. Remember for every game you lose and get upset with there are 12 players who had a great game and visa versa. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,823
[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

MM is random. What you do as an individual player controls the outcome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,947
[PVE]
Members
8,832 posts
7,254 battles
6 minutes ago, Raven114 said:

MM is random all it does is Balance type of ships so the playing field is level. Remember for every game you lose and get upset with there are 12 players who had a great game and visa versa. 

This. :Smile_great:

 

All MM does is balance the ships to have roughly the same types and tiers on each side in the game. There are not enough people on the game to add in matchmaking by player, not to mention that MM via player as well would be difficult. Do you go by overall stats, the stats for the ship they are using, the stats for that type of ship, etc?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,056 posts
3,689 battles
14 minutes ago, Happy668 said:

we play warship games, WG is playing a game too, that's us

I think it will be best for a healthy game to leave MM as totally random without any gimmick, so players don't have straight losses or wins

Computers cant do random its all program, the mm is not random in any form same as containers.

The mm is weighted.

  • Bad 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
258
[WOLF1]
Members
1,984 posts

I sometimes get straight wins without much of lifting a finger, but sometimes I get straight losses despite me on top of the team, it's definitely programmed and weighted, not random

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,056 posts
3,689 battles
4 minutes ago, Happy668 said:

I sometimes get straight wins without much of lifting a finger, but sometimes I get straight losses despite me on top of the team, it's definitely programmed and weighted, not random

I can prove the mm is weighted.

  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,193
[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,328 posts
9,387 battles

WRONG !!!

MM is a computer program.  It does what it's told to do.

Today, it might be random, but throw a bit switch in the config and it'll shows preference to users a-m, and crap on players n-z.

Tomorrow, switch that..  Then n-z get better teams.  Day after...  back to being random (and fair).

A lot of old timers here say that if you aren't hitting targets, and get team wipe-outs.....   take a break.  If it happens again, do something else with your evening.

It's good advise whether you believe MM is playing you or not.  Sometimes we just aren't in the mental mode to play effectively -- not in the zone.

Other times...  I just drop down into co-op and lose one or two there as well.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,819 posts

If you put bot team A against bot team B, and had it play 100,000 matches randomly mixing up the players from say a 500 player pool. Some  bots would have W/L of 54 and some would have 46, just because of statistical distribution and this is with exactly the same level of skill

 

You are not in as much control of this as you believe you are.

 

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
258
[WOLF1]
Members
1,984 posts

one funny story i can share is after a looong break, i came back playing and won games the whole day, despite my rusty aims and so so performance, you can draw your own conclusion :P

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,430 posts
12,163 battles

Until it can be proven that it is completely random, there is a strong chance that employees of WG fix or skew player files and give them game after game the pink, camoless, flagless cv that loads in 4 minutes late and tries to cap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
933
Members
4,441 posts
6,138 battles
7 minutes ago, Happy668 said:

I sometimes get straight wins without much of lifting a finger, but sometimes I get straight losses despite me on top of the team, it's definitely programmed and weighted, not random

You mean if you are top that should be an auto-win?  You? Every losing team has someone at the top as does every winning team.  There are a bunch of other players on both sides that influence the outcome not just you. Clarify for me.  Are you saying that when you are top player it should be a win for your team and if you are bottom it should not?  Is this what you are saying?  If so that's ridiculous with all due respect. Also you can win and be bottom player cause your other players did good and red team was bad...etc. You are not the only one playing. Straight loses happen due, in part, to the fact of there being so many variables that influence outcomes. Multiple losses are common as are multiple winning streaks. 

If you were being satirical let me know. Maybe you were in jest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
933
Members
4,441 posts
6,138 battles
14 minutes ago, abyssofthetriffid said:

I can prove the mm is weighted.

Then do it.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,947
[PVE]
Members
8,832 posts
7,254 battles
14 minutes ago, abyssofthetriffid said:

I can prove the mm is weighted.

 

Pony up the stats then.

 

1 minute ago, dmckay said:

Then do it.

Exactly. :Smile_great:

 

Put up @abyssofthetriffid or... well, you know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
258
[WOLF1]
Members
1,984 posts

if most games are pretty 1 sided, then mm is not random,

my experience is even matches are fewer, most games are pretty much 1 sided wins/losses

  • Angry 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,193
[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,328 posts
9,387 battles
1 minute ago, Kconvey_1 said:

If you put bot team A against bot team B, and had it play 100,000 matches randomly mixing up the players from say a 500 player pool. Some  bots would have W/L of 54 and some would have 46, just because of statistical distribution and this is with exactly the same level of skill

 

You are not in as much control of this as you believe you are.

 

Difference in this game, we are mixing 2-3 mission a day tourists with hardened 40 mission a day athletes.

The tourists need a little help to stay interested.

I've seen obsessed players keep going until they clear that 200% win on that ONE ship...  15 losses in a row..  Then a win and switch ships.

Don't think the system isn't watching you.  They want to keep you playing -- keep you obsessed -- playing you.

Seriously..  the 200% bonus really isn't that great.  Get over it.  Personally, I found that if I grind them off in Co-Op, my Random W/R increases.

  • Angry 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,947
[PVE]
Members
8,832 posts
7,254 battles
1 minute ago, Happy668 said:

if most games are pretty 1 sided, then mm is not random,

my experience is even matches are fewer, most games are pretty much 1 sided wins/losses

 

You need to put out numbers to prove your point. Show us the numbers, not just feelings.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9
[KEK]
Beta Testers
50 posts
3,713 battles
10 minutes ago, Sweetsie said:

Until it can be proven that it is completely random, there is a strong chance that employees of WG fix or skew player files and give them game after game the pink, camoless, flagless cv that loads in 4 minutes late and tries to cap.

Innocent until proven guilty, mate. Show us the proof, or quit the baseless accusations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,193
[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,328 posts
9,387 battles
1 minute ago, Jack_Stewart said:

Innocent until proven guilty, mate. Show us the proof, or quit the baseless accusations.

Those rules ONLY apply to criminal cases in the USA...  

In civil court, 51% convincing is a win.

But this is a forum, not a courtroom.  Even if I had a 5 page Excel Spreadsheet, there are those who:

1) choose not to understand the plain facts

2)  already know they are facts - but has found ways to work around it -- thus giving them an advantage they don't want to lose.

3)  are incapable on understanding...  and I envy these folks since they are having more fun in the game than I.

  • Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
717
[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
6,031 battles

Many problems players directed at WG can be summed into a single phrase

"don't feel like I can do anything"

 

WG really should for reasons why good portion of the players feel that way and fundamentally remake parts of their game.

 

That phrase is the reason WoT's economy, MM, artillery, tank designs, ammunition design, and everything changed since beta. WG should apply the same to WoWS.

Edited by NeutralState

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,617
[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,708 posts
11,323 battles

Rigged MM post used to be funny... but I have seen too many.. now it's just sad.

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9
[KEK]
Beta Testers
50 posts
3,713 battles
11 minutes ago, AVR_Project said:

Those rules ONLY apply to criminal cases in the USA...  In civil court, 51% convincing is a win. But this is a forum, not a courtroom. 

No, civil or criminal court (in the US) is innocent until proven guilty. What you are referencing is the standard of evidence; are you only looking for the preponderance of the evidence or beyond a reasonable doubt. Regardless, you can't go around making unfounded accusations against people, this is called Libel and is a crime most everywhere.

 

24 minutes ago, AVR_Project said:

Difference in this game, we are mixing 2-3 mission a day tourists with hardened 40 mission a day athletes. The tourists need a little help to stay interested.

If you're a tourist by the time you hit tier V or VI, then you're not WG's demographic and they don't care. Nor do I think a tourist should have any reason to think they can compete with those 'hardened athletes'.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
160
[MEIST]
Members
775 posts
2,935 battles

Yes, I get angry at MM as well, when I get losing streaks. Wheb I det unbalanced teams. Teams where the red team gets 2 radar ships and we get none. It sucks. Tonight was another bad night, just have to take a break brcuase they aren't going to fix it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,947
[PVE]
Members
8,832 posts
7,254 battles
1 minute ago, Jack_Stewart said:

No, civil or criminal court (in the US) is innocent until proven guilty. What you are referencing is the standard of evidence; are you only looking for the preponderance of the evidence or beyond a reasonable doubt. Regardless, you can't go around making unfounded accusations against people, this is called Libel and is a crime most everywhere.

 

If you're a tourist by the time you hit tier V or VI, then you're not WG's demographic and they don't care. Nor do I think a tourist should have any reason to think they can compete with those 'hardened athletes'.

 

What if you are a donut eating semi-sorta pro who is an amateur.  Can you try and compete then? :Smile_teethhappy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
225
[WOLF2]
Members
861 posts
6,984 battles
53 minutes ago, Happy668 said:

I sometimes get straight wins without much of lifting a finger, but sometimes I get straight losses despite me on top of the team, it's definitely programmed and weighted, not random

Cannot tell.   The game cannot program the red players ('cept in co-op).    MM isn't telling the reds to turn and run when we push.  Nor does it tell my team to abandon our push, leaving me a lone duck.   It doesn't tell me to over-extend and be that lone duck.     It does have a little say in keeping the divisions equally distributed.   It does not have a say if Div A is unicum, and my division enjoys sailing drunk.

Sometimes, it clicks.   And sometimes, you can do everything right, and still run into the red fleet.   Or not hit a dang thing.   Or get BBQ'd before you can do any damage.

Or sometimes, you're "KING OF THE WORLD" on the bow of the Titanic (which then gets citadeled and sunk)

 

MM is not gunning for us.    And please note the number of posts that say "MM is unfairly awarding me wins!!!! Please fix, WG"     That would be a whopping zero.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×