You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ricky_Racer

HOTEL YANKEE FLAG "WHEN I RAM ANOTHER SHIP"

23 comments in this topic

[-V-]
Members
217 posts
808 battles

Question. @LittleWhiteMouse @Lert & anybody else with the answer.

Let's say I am running the "HOTEL YANKEE" flag.

-20% damage received to my ship. +50% damage dealt to the opposing ship.

I have read various threads that states "the damage dealt / received" the numbers pertain are to the (2) ship's hit points that are involved. Other than this, no other clarification.

Does this mean, at the time of the RAM, the -20 / +50 pertain the SHIP'S health that are currently at the point of the ram, or the SHIP'S health, from the start of the battle?

Example: Let's say I am running the flag on my Colorado and I ram another Colorado. Both ships have at the start of the battle, 59,300.

At the time of the ram, I am at 5,000 hit points. or health. The ship I ram is at full health. 59,300.

What would the outcome be?

note: I am still trying to understand all the mechanics.

[PNP]
Members
4,314 posts
13,313 battles

Total ship health is what is factored, not what health is renaming.

59.3k rams 59.3k  = 59.3k to each ship.

59.3k rams a Colorado with 5k  left, both ships take 59.3k

Edited by Shadowrigger1

[HINON]
Supertester
18,912 posts
12,446 battles
Just now, Shadowrigger1 said:

^

• Bad 1

[CAST]
Members
1,157 posts
7,163 battles

If you are running the Hotel Yankee flag, you will receive 47440 damage, and he will receive 88950 damage.  Since both of those values are above the health points remaining for your respective ships, you will both die.

Edited by Murcc

[-V-]
Members
217 posts
808 battles
7 minutes ago, Shadowrigger1 said:

Not being negative here.

So running the flag, is really, only a positive, or a good thing, if you equip the flag, and you happen to run into a lesser ship, say a Cruiser or a Destroyer, (which seems kind of rare) or another Battleship of greater tier, like, in the case of the Colorado, a tier 7, you ram a tier 9 does the flag really take a relevance?

[TEARZ]
[TEARZ]
Beta Testers
295 posts
7,367 battles

Yes the flag would be relevant because the higher tier ships have more hit points. 

[PNP]
Members
4,314 posts
13,313 battles
28 minutes ago, Ricky_Racer said:

Not being negative here.

So running the flag, is really, only a positive, or a good thing, if you equip the flag, and you happen to run into a lesser ship, say a Cruiser or a Destroyer, (which seems kind of rare) or another Battleship of greater tier, like, in the case of the Colorado, a tier 7, you ram a tier 9 does the flag really take a relevance?

Correct, I don't even run the flag, it takes a place another decent flag can be used.  If you have room  there is no harm in using them. but now that you can sell flags in your inventory, it's a cash maker if you have a lot.

[-V-]
Members
217 posts
808 battles
43 minutes ago, Lert said:

^

44 minutes ago, Shadowrigger1 said:

2 minutes ago, Shadowrigger1 said:

Correct, I don't even run the flag, it takes a place another decent flag can be used.  If you have room  there is no harm in using them. but now that you can sell flags in your inventory, it's a cash maker if you have a lot.

Thanks. I was just curious.

It seams, running the flag is a waste of a space, when pertaining to the number of flags we can run.

I mean, what's the chance of the flag actually coming into affect and saving your ship from being sunk, when running without the flag,

Thanks. It seams to be, don't use it, a no brainer. Thanks.

[WOLF2]
Members
862 posts
6,991 battles

I used them in ranked.   And the time I forgot to load, I rammed to end the game.   Not a big deal, since we won, but it would have been LOL to survive.

I did get to do the 1 second horn blasts as I approached.

Honk. Honk. Honk. Honk. Honk. Honk. Honk.         Kinda like the shark music from that movie in '76.

[PVE]
Members
8,834 posts
7,257 battles
17 minutes ago, DiddleDum said:

I used them in ranked.   And the time I forgot to load, I rammed to end the game.   Not a big deal, since we won, but it would have been LOL to survive.

Honk. Honk. Honk. Honk. Honk. Honk. Honk.         Kinda like the shark music from that movie in '76.

:Smile_teethhappy:

Oh man. Now I have to remember to use the N key in double taps when I go to ram someone.  :Smile_honoring:

[WOLF2]
Members
862 posts
6,991 battles
1 minute ago, Kizarvexis said:

:Smile_teethhappy:

Oh man. Now I have to remember to use the N key in double taps when I go to ram someone.  :Smile_honoring:

Yep!   Tap it once per second - you can get about 20 chirps from the horn before you empty your horn allowance.

[-V-]
Members
217 posts
808 battles
15 minutes ago, DiddleDum said:

I used them in rank too, and I came to the conclusion, what a waste.

I couldn't figure out, wth just happened? I mean I had the flag equipped and I ran into a Alabama with my Alabama, which he was maybe, less than 10% health left and I was still 3/4 full, and we both sunk. wth.

This is why I posted this this thread. The flag, is a waste. Useless.

[PVE]
Members
8,834 posts
7,257 battles
1 minute ago, DiddleDum said:

Yep!   Tap it once per second - you can get about 20 chirps from the horn before you empty your horn allowance.

Will do. :)

1 minute ago, Ricky_Racer said:

I used them in rank too, and I came to the conclusion, what a waste.

I couldn't figure out, wth just happened? I mean I had the flag equipped and I ran into a Alabama with my Alabama, which he was maybe, less than 10% health left and I was still 3/4 full, and we both sunk. wth.

This is why I posted this this thread. The flag, is a waste. Useless.

It would be useful in PvE as the bots charge and at lower tiers, don't shoot very well. You can do a lot of ramming there. 

My experience in PvP is you get deleted before you can ram.

[B2P]
Members
495 posts
13,210 battles

In clan battles, our quarterback would always tell us to run with our ram flags.  In one case I was able to sink a mostly healthy Montana with my almost dead Hindy, and in another a clan mate survived a cruiser to cruiser ram.  Both times that did help us win, but those were the only two cases I can remember.  But I would only run them in ranked or clan battles, and only if I'm not already maxed out on other flags.

They do seem rather pointless in random or co-op games.

Members
918 posts
2,449 battles

I had someone ram my svet cruiser the other day, i was riddling him with shots and then i took a hit to steering which allowed him to get close enough to ram and we both ended up dead.

However i got 'the kill' for him and first blood. How did the game determine that i 'won' that engagement? Was it the damage i had done to him before the ramming?

[PVE]
Members
8,834 posts
7,257 battles
5 minutes ago, xalmgrey said:

I had someone ram my svet cruiser the other day, i was riddling him with shots and then i took a hit to steering which allowed him to get close enough to ram and we both ended up dead.

However i got 'the kill' for him and first blood. How did the game determine that i 'won' that engagement? Was it the damage i had done to him before the ramming?

Lert and LWM did some testing on that and they are not sure why one person gets credit over another. Might be a flip of the coin.

[5IN]
Members
1,784 posts
8,105 battles
9 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Lert and LWM did some testing on that and they are not sure why one person gets credit over another. Might be a flip of the coin.

I thought both players were credited with the "kill".  

B

[PVE]
Members
8,834 posts
7,257 battles
Just now, bassmasta76 said:

B

The Lert and LWM thread about who gets credit for the ram was a few months back IIRC. They thought it might be who hits who, but that didn't matter. They thought it might be the ping time to the server, with the shorter ping time getting the win, but it wasn't that either. As far as I remember, it was randomish.

Sorry, can't find the thread. Hey @Lert, what did you call the title of that thread again please? I know it didn't have ram in it. :)

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Supertester
18,912 posts
12,446 battles
13 minutes ago, bassmasta76 said:

Both players get credit for the kill.

5 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Hey @Lert, what did you call the title of that thread again please?

I don't remember. The tests we did was about trying to figure out who the game assigned a match win to if  the two only players ram-killed each other with the exact same point count. We never figured that out, other than that the game seems to always assign the win to the same person / game client, each time it's run between the same two people.

• Cool 1

[-V-]
Members
217 posts
808 battles
23 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

I always get a kill when sinking the enemy after a ram. But I just couldn't figure out the math behind it.

My interpretation was the points involved was dependent on your ship's and the ship you run into, current health, which would seem to make sense. I guess that's not the case.

All the other flags seems to be legit, regardless of what happens, but this flag, seems to be selective and it depends on the tier.

What's the chance of a BB running into a DD? Or a DD running into a BB? What would the outcome be and under those circumstance, why would the flag be needed?

The flag appears to be only viable if you happen to run into a ship with a lot more "potential" health than yours. Question is, would you even survive to get that close?

Edited by Ricky_Racer

[PVE]
Members
8,834 posts
7,257 battles
7 minutes ago, Lert said:

Both players get credit for the kill.

I don't remember. The tests we did was about trying to figure out who the game assigned a match win to if  the two only players ram-killed each other with the exact same point count. We never figured that out, other than that the game seems to always assign the win to the same person / game client, each time it's run between the same two people.

Ah, I mis-remembered what the testing was about. Sorry about that.