You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
rustydawg

New Port Camera, question.

10 comments in this topic

[RSDWG]
Members
440 posts
7,465 battles

Is there a way to look at the port detail with it?

Dasha was talking about the new French port coming out and said to use the new port camera from 7.0 and take a tour. (or words to that effect)

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

I too would like a ground level view "To Walk among the pixels" But like anything computer generated it is two dimensional. So up close views would be distorted .

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,335 posts
9,424 battles

Searching...   Searching...  Searching...   Searching...  Searching...   Searching...  Searching...   Searching...  Searching...   Searching...  Searching...   Searching...  Searching...   Searching...  Searching...   Searching...  Searching...   Searching...  Searching...   Searching...  Searching...   Searching...  Searching...   Searching...  Searching...   Searching...  Searching...   Searching...  Searching...   Searching...  Searching...   Searching...  Searching...   Searching...  Searching...   Searching... 

OK..  I give up.  How does one enable the 'NEW' port camera.

I tried about every key combination -- nada.

[TDG]
Members
1,127 posts
5,701 battles
30 minutes ago, FleetAdmiral_Assassin said:

I'd settle for them making it so the camera doesn't jump every time you mount a signal flag.

This ^^^

[RSDWG]
Members
440 posts
7,465 battles

The only thing I see new about it is you can look straight down on a ship from overhead. But you can't zoom from the overhead view.

Would be nice if WoWs put some tutorials out on these new items!

Edit: I just put in a ticket to support to see what they say.

Edited by rustydawg

[WOLF5]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
2,257 posts
24,787 battles

To be honest,  I can't see any difference between the old and new.  Maybe I'm not doing something right.

[RSDWG]
Members
440 posts
7,465 battles
3 hours ago, Patton5150 said:

To be honest,  I can't see any difference between the old and new.  Maybe I'm not doing something right.

You can Zoom in a little closer to the guns and lifeboats...etc and you can look down on the ship from directly above. I'll let you all know what support says about it if they answer my ticket.

[GLF]
Members
767 posts
9,018 battles

They don't want you to zoom in on the towns and see that its all just movie magic. 

The buildings are 2 dimensional, the skyline is a backdrop, and the 'people" are all cardboard cutouts running back and forth mounted on a model train, like in home alone. 

Edited by AnimaL21