You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Lillehuntrix

Visual contrast help

8 comments in this topic

[WOLF5]
Members
1,140 posts
8,303 battles

OK, I've looked at @GoldPile's excellent, excellent guide:

...and I've seen one or two threads where my question was asked directly, with less than helpful responses: https://forum.worldofwarships.eu/topic/17798-cannot-see-shells/

...but I can't find, or discern, a clear answer.  I'm having trouble seeing AP shells, my own or others', on certain maps (Nagato AP on Neighbors, this morning), because they blend into the brightness of the background.  This makes shooting and correcting aim difficult.

What should I be changing in graphics settings to fix this?  I'll admit I don't understand all graphics terminology (when you say "gamma," I think "radiation," and no, I don't want more of that), and that I have a 2010 mid-range computer and potato monitor, such that changes that are going to tax my system a great deal more are probably not advisable.

I know others have had this issue - thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Edited by Lillehuntrix

[H-W-C]
Members
1,258 posts
3,306 battles

Well, there are mods that change the colour of your shell tracers...

They're probably legal. If they show up in Aslains or the WG official modpack you should be able to use them.

• Cool 1

Members
2,748 posts
6,232 battles

Glad you found that. I had to reload a while back and all my stuff went to default.

[IXM]
Members
191 posts
3,333 battles

Possibly lowering the Gamma setting might help you.  That should help darken some of the bright whites.  There are also some colorblind settings that you can explore.  I have no idea if they change shell tracers or not.

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles
1 hour ago, Kyralee said:

Possibly lowering the Gamma setting might help you.  

I asked a similar question a couple weeks ago and got crickets- this is the best idea I've seen yet. 

I have the same issue with the torpedo / bomb indicator on CV... it's so bright I can't see the target anymore. I'll definitely have to try this. 

[FART]
Members
79 posts
4,538 battles

It's interesting that you posted this when you did -- I've noticed the same thing today. I don't know if the recent patch has anything at all to do with it, but I've been playing for over a year now and never had an issue with this prior to today.

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles

An example... This is when I turned gamma down. Please don't mind the game itself... got [edited] by fighter RNG this game. Guess it was "his turn." 

nlyczd.jpg

Edited by Gascan75