Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
BullpupWOT

Visual notifications I'd like to see in game...

17 comments in this topic

[BNKR]
Members
674 posts
1,254 battles

One thing I'd like to see is a visual notification (it doesn't have to be ribbons because we have enough of those) that you got the initial detection on a ship and that assist damage occurred due to your spotting. I know the results screen show these, but I'd like to know during the battle. Some spots are obvious, but I believe this could give me a better idea of the threshold to overextending. 

• Cool 6

Members
2,748 posts
6,229 battles
19 minutes ago, BullpupWOT said:

One thing I'd like to see is a visual notification (it doesn't have to be ribbons because we have enough of those) that you got the initial detection on a ship and that assist damage occurred due to your spotting. I know the results screen show these, but I'd like to know during the battle. Some spots are obvious, but I believe this could give me a better idea of the threshold to overextending. 

Actually not a bad idea. I can give you idea that you've over extended though which I am very familiar with. Being out ahead of your team by yourself just as the detected indicator pops up on your screen and a 7 in it and shells start raining down on you from every direction. That my friend is very good indication that you have over extended! +1

Members
1,777 posts
5,638 battles

So you want as system that lets you know you did enough head for the border or nearest island???. 

[BNKR]
Members
674 posts
1,254 battles
1 minute ago, Ghostdog1355 said:

Actually not a bad idea. I can give you idea that you've over extended though which I am very familiar with. Being out ahead of your team by yourself just as the detected indicator pops up on your screen and a 7 in it and shells start raining down on you from every direction. That my friend is very good indication that you have over extended! +1

Ha ha, yes. I guess my point is that if a few BBs light up and I know I got the spots, perhaps I can slow my pace or began my turn to back off. Right now, not having anyway to know if they were definitely my detections, I'm pushing on. It comes down to me learning the game, but it would be a nice little crutch to have. ;)

[BNKR]
Members
674 posts
1,254 battles
Just now, Raven114 said:

So you want as system that lets you know you did enough head for the border or nearest island???. 

I don't mean bug out completely...but, "hey, dummy, YOU are spotting ships. You dont have to extend further."  I know it seems dumb that I wouldn't know any better straight off, but it really could help me learn the feel for such things at a quicker pace. 

[_-X-_]
[_-X-_]
Members
145 posts
5,755 battles

Nothing major here, but, I would like an indicator on the port ships that have a 19 point captain, or even captain's level assigned per ship.

And, an ingame indicator if my ship has IFHE or plain HE.

Edited by Firerizer

[BNKR]
Members
674 posts
1,254 battles
2 minutes ago, Firerizer said:

Nothing major here, but, I would like an indicator on the port ships that have a 19 point captain, or even captain's level assigned per ship.

And, an ingame indicator if my ship has IFHE or plain HE.

What tier do you start seeing IFHE?

[_-X-_]
[_-X-_]
Members
145 posts
5,755 battles

IFHE is a Captain's skill, 4 point.

It appears that the number of my ships is taxing my poor, antiquated memory. ;)

[OPEC]
Members
925 posts
5,108 battles
18 minutes ago, BullpupWOT said:

I don't mean bug out completely...but, "hey, dummy, YOU are spotting ships. You dont have to extend further."  I know it seems dumb that I wouldn't know any better straight off, but it really could help me learn the feel for such things at a quicker pace. 

In tanks, you get the visual notification on your screen when you get a spot.  If we had something like that, at least you would know that you are on the edge of the skirmish line.  Having a damage counter for assist damage (again, like tanks) would be icing on the cake...

• Cool 2

[OPEC]
Members
925 posts
5,108 battles
10 minutes ago, BullpupWOT said:

What tier do you start seeing IFHE?

Actual ship tier depends on how long someone holds a captain at a given tech tree tier (or puts them into a lower tier premium to seal club)...

[BNKR]
Members
674 posts
1,254 battles
Just now, delp5117 said:

In tanks, you get the visual notification on your screen when you get a spot.  If we had something like that, at least you would know that you are on the edge of the skirmish line.  Having a damage counter for assist damage (again, like tanks) would be icing on the cake...

You get it!!  Ships don't have quite the cover options when you get out on the skirmish line, so a little help in determining that line would be a nice gift. 

• Cool 1

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
6,028 battles

How about somethings that show allied ships consumable usage, an icon for when radar's on, for example.

[TEARZ]
[TEARZ]
Beta Testers
291 posts
7,367 battles

This would/could be feasible if they counted assists and spotting damage assists. That is my recommended  additions.

To your idea, it could be simply a color difference on the minimap/visual. Maybe the enemies turn orange or another customizable color the player chooses. 

As a good rule of engagement, knowing the spotting distance of ships will help alleviate the over extending. Also paying attention to the number of ships you see on the mini map and understanding the game play from the enemies perspective. If you spot bbs for example and one or two cruisers you can defer that there is likely 1-2 ships you can not see and plan accordingly.  

[IXM]
Members
191 posts
3,330 battles
48 minutes ago, Condor_Legion said:

This would/could be feasible if they counted assists and spotting damage assists. That is my recommended  additions.

The do count spotting ships and spotting damage into EXP and credits at the end of the match.  The ship spotting is a little weird though.  It only counts ships that have not been spotted in the last 2 minutes.  So a DD popping in and out of smoke wont give you a bunch of spots, you'll only get 1 out of that.

What they could do is add a couple of ribbons and modify some others by adding pips on them.  Military members that get multiple of the same ribbon or medal typically only wear one ribbon and have bronze or silver pips on that ribbon to denote multiple awards.  The same could be done for this system.  Spot a ship and you get a ribbon, spot a few more ships and get several bronze pips added to that ribbon.  Spot a few more ships and trade out a few of those bronze pips for a silver one.

I could see this being used for spotting torpedoes, capture/defend points, spotting ships, spotting damage, fire/flood damage, potential damage, and module incapacitations.

[BNKR]
Members
674 posts
1,254 battles
8 minutes ago, Kyralee said:

The do count spotting ships and spotting damage into EXP and credits at the end of the match.  The ship spotting is a little weird though.  It only counts ships that have not been spotted in the last 2 minutes.  So a DD popping in and out of smoke wont give you a bunch of spots, you'll only get 1 out of that.

What they could do is add a couple of ribbons and modify some others by adding pips on them.  Military members that get multiple of the same ribbon or medal typically only wear one ribbon and have bronze or silver pips on that ribbon to denote multiple awards.  The same could be done for this system.  Spot a ship and you get a ribbon, spot a few more ships and get several bronze pips added to that ribbon.  Spot a few more ships and trade out a few of those bronze pips for a silver one.

I could see this being used for spotting torpedoes, capture/defend points, spotting ships, spotting damage, fire/flood damage, potential damage, and module incapacitations.

I could see that...initial spot ribbon pops for every ship you spot (the first time it's spotted in the battle like tanks, not every time it's spotted) then pips pop for every time you are getting spotting assist damage from a salvo. 

[TEARZ]
[TEARZ]
Beta Testers
291 posts
7,367 battles

I strongly feel counting assists would not only be beneficial to new players but would also add a layer of team effort to more games. This function could also serve as a recruiting tool for clan purposes. 

Sign in to follow this