You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
_irony_

0.7.1 Public Test Bug Reports

170 comments in this topic

[WGA]
Developers
93 posts
4,882 battles

Greetings Captains!

The 0.7.1 Public Test is now starting, so please provide any bug reports you may encounter here. 

Please also check out Wacko's little guide on how to report a bug here: 

For each report please attach the python.log file from your Public Test client. That will help us to better understand the nature of the issue you're experiencing.

If possible, it would be perfect if you could attach our Special Public Test version WGCheck tool report ( you can find the tool attached to this message). 

You can find the instructions on how to use that tool here(instructions are given for the live server, however, they will be identical to Public test): 

WGCheckQA_EN.zip

[CYKA]
Members
847 posts
4,820 battles

The custom key stored in preferences.xml does not bind to in-game the preferences.xml need to recreate and still missing keys from control setting screen.

Modify the file contain original key preset is way easier than doing on the UI, it's missing whole lots of it.

Accel to 3/4 or Slow down to 0 faster than normal would get to either to max speed of reversing.

F6, F7, F9 are a reserve key? why? And there are whole lots of command missing from Control settings.

Mouse scroll too quick in battle view, still can be tuned.

There's a black hole on returning from Tactical map.

Files under sfx folder are still locked down and can't do anything to it, even swapping legacy effects with no harm to the client.

Sometime, keys bind get taped together. Eg: occasionally, while hold down [A], tapping to slow down to around 1/4 but then it continue to [Reversing], this behavior does not occured on NA client

shot-18.01.25_21.45.22-0247.jpg

Edited by leehwongxing
  • Cool 1

[FSA]
Beta Testers
155 posts
5,023 battles

Sorry, but I am a bit confused.

One of the combat missions is to play a battle using the French BB Alsace.   It is not available in the ship tech tree.

When I went into a game with a T8 cruiser, I was up tiered to multiple TX carriers Midway which is also not available in the tech tree selection.

I presume the Midway is only for select testers....what is the issue with the combat mission requiring the Alsace, I found nothing to imply that it was a reward ship for other missions nor restricted to select testers.

Trolls need not respond.

Thank you.

[-AA-]
Beta Testers
297 posts
2,039 battles

it not in may  game I just played it

Members
25 posts
2,646 battles

***WHEN PLAYING CARRIER ***

In CV game, I could not see cursor, probably, after pressing Ctrl-A,  Very annoying as I could not direct planes anymore.

Will doubecheck, if it is indeed after pressing Ctrl-A or just after a few minutes of play.

Confirmed, after pressing Ctrl-A cursor disappears. When you move mouse, entire screen is moving  instead of cursor only.

Pressing CTRL-A again does not restore the cursor

Edited by Bigman123_2017

[GT99]
Members
147 posts
4,990 battles

Just encountered a game freeze. Once the after actions screen came up I could click all four tabs and check stats but there were no sounds. I also could not exit the screen. Had to close game via task manager. Ticket submitted.

Members
4 posts
8,808 battles

0.7.1.0 public test issues...

At the beginning of the game the mouse is in cursor mode (as if Ctrl is pressed).  It took some key banging to clear it.

Not sure if this is intentional, but it looks like the throttle controls (W, S keys) now go into an auto mode if I press the keys quickly.  For example with the throttle at 100% pressing S twice quickly should set the throttle to 50%, which it does.  But then the throttle continues to downstep all the way to reverse.  Same for speeding up; it goes to full throttle if I quickly hit W twice from 0% throttle.

[WOLF3]
Members
5,967 posts
2,203 battles
On 1/24/2018 at 1:29 PM, _irony_ said:

If possible, it would be perfect if you could attach our Special Public Test version WGCheck tool report ( you can find the tool attached to this message). 

I'm surprised you don't bundle it with the PT Client. 

[P2W]
Members
16 posts
3,243 battles

Well, well, well .... where to begin?

1. My aim button (LMB) locks up and will continue to fire-when-ready, even when not pressed.  This only stops when the target is destroyed, or I lock on to another target.
  2. The client kicks me out of the game and back to the operating system when I join a battle.
  3. My screen control locks into ctl-LMB mode when I try to designate a target for secondaries.

And where, by the way, do you find the Alsace anyway?

All fun on day one of a new test.  Good luck!  Here is my python.  Cheers.

python.log

And my diagnostics report.

WoWS_report.wgc

Edited by Rapier9

[TBOW]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
212 posts
2,446 battles

losing connection a lot so far 5 times in 2 battles

[FSA]
Beta Testers
155 posts
5,023 battles

I'm not sure, but I think some of the keyboard issues might be due to server overload.   It appears that the keys become unresponsive occasionally and it resembles a connectivity issue.

I was told the Alsace was accessed via a mission, but I'll be damned if I can figure it out.

[GT99]
Members
147 posts
4,990 battles
7 minutes ago, Rapier9 said:

Well, well, well .... where to begin?

1. My aim button (LMB) locks up and will continue to fire-when-ready, even when not pressed.  This only stops when the target is destroyed, or I lock on to another target.
  2. The client kicks me out of the game and back to the operating system when I join a battle.
  3. My screen control locks into ctl-LMB mode when I try to designate a target for secondaries.

And where, by the way, do you find the Alsace anyway?

All fun on day one of a new test.  Good luck!  Here is my python.  Cheers.

python.log

And my diagnostics report.

WoWS_report.wgc

I also had the problem of ship continuing to fire on its own.

• Angry 1

[GT99]
Members
147 posts
4,990 battles
53 minutes ago, Kraayt said:

I'm not sure, but I think some of the keyboard issues might be due to server overload.   It appears that the keys become unresponsive occasionally and it resembles a connectivity issue.

I was told the Alsace was accessed via a mission, but I'll be damned if I can figure it out.

I did all the combat missions I could then went into coops and played a CV (not sure if that matters) and when the match was over it appeared. YMMV

I am now trying to figure out how to get the collections.

Edited by T1mb3rWo1f

[TBOW]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
212 posts
2,446 battles

my guns were fireing with out me clicking my mouse for over 6 mins almost killed a teammate becuase of it

[5563]
Members
81 posts
14,026 battles

Just started playing.  I am ambidextrous and so, use the number pad with my right hand and the mouse with my left.  In order to do this, I set up custom keys in the Settings/Control.  Although, my settings are the same, they are not working.  What is worse is that the WADX is also not working 100%.  When I try to turn, left or right, the ship starts to turn and then immediately reverts to straight ahead.  I have to continuously press, and let up the key, then press again, in a repeating pattern to turn.

I would not be surprised if the problem with the WADX has something to do with the custom settings.  This makes the game extremely difficult to play.

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
Members
5,967 posts
2,203 battles
1 hour ago, Kraayt said:

The Challenge "Vive la France" is unlocked by the #2 Reward mission (Win 5 Battles).  The substance of the Challenge is not shown when locked, and the Reward shown is pretty small, but I bet that's where Alsace is.  It's similar to how earlier special test ships were unlocked.

Members
3 posts
3,559 battles

I experienced phantom clicks of the keyboard.  Like turning hard left then click twice to re-center would actually make the ship turn hard right.  The same happened with the speed control.  A 2 click change from all stop would go straight to full speed.  Then from full speed, 2 clicks of the key would go back to all stop.  I also had an instance where the ship horn blasted until it was depleted with a quick press of the N button. 

• Cool 1

[P2W]
Members
16 posts
3,243 battles
55 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

The Challenge "Vive la France" is unlocked by the #2 Reward mission (Win 5 Battles).  The substance of the Challenge is not shown when locked, and the Reward shown is pretty small, but I bet that's where Alsace is.  It's similar to how earlier special test ships were unlocked.

I have the same suspicion for finding the Alsace and unlocking the Vive La France collection.  My suggestion to WG would be to make this more plain in the challenge or event instructions.  Will see if we are right.

[LEGIT]
Members
6 posts

I have no idea what a python.log file is, so i wont attach it.

• Unable to return to port from post match score screen -- two matches so far -- escape, back to port, and battle on,  none of these would work -- had to restart client.
  • In several matches, guns would continue firing automatically (new orleans and kiev).
  • F1 key would not rebind to select aircraft carrier (shokaku)  command, even upon restart.
Edited by IamNOTyourPREYscum

[SFV]
Beta Testers
6 posts
4,454 battles

I was on the map Trap, with the Edinburgh going to A cap. I fired once on a North Carolina, then the ship continued to fire for about a minute after that on its own. I was also smoked up when this happened. Sorry I didn't screen shot this. I did log out the game so I dont know if I can still do this

[WOLF3]
Members
5,967 posts
2,203 battles
34 minutes ago, IamNOTyourPREYscum said:

I have no idea what a python.log file is, so i wont attach it.

It's a file in ..\WOWS_PublicTest\profile

[_-X-_]
[_-X-_]
Members
145 posts
5,761 battles

I am having the keybinding issue also.

The player assigned keys return to game defaults.

[5563]
Members
81 posts
14,026 battles

One other thing, the client kicked me out twice now for no apparent reason.  I was in between battles and went to get a drink, maybe AFK for 2 minutes, (My screen saver had not yet kicked in at 3 minutes) and I was out.  The second time, I was kicked out after choosing my camo and just as I was about to click on Battle.