You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Usedcarjock

Your Least Enjoyed Ship Line

54 comments in this topic

[SEALZ]
Members
526 posts
5,230 battles

As the title says, what is the ship line that in your experience is the least fun to play? Not play against mind you, play yourself. I would have to say for me personally the RN BB line is the ship line I cannot find any enjoyment in. It just seems like a dull experience to play from beginning to end, where a captain’s skill vs the ship’s stats means very little. 

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
6,051 battles

USN cruisers, literally all crap, Des Moines included. It's a mountain of crap and gets slurrier and stinkier as the tier rises. 

Edited by NeutralState
  • Cool 1
  • Bad 5

[HINON]
Supertester
18,965 posts
12,479 battles

CVs.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

[PT8TO]
Members
1,402 posts
12,884 battles

CV but only because my old age has taken away my ability to think and react quickly lol.

So i tend to struggle in them but i still like CV and wish i could play them more effectively.

[R-F]
Members
675 posts
6,188 battles
2 minutes ago, NeutralState said:

USN cruisers, literally all crap, Des Moines included. It's a mountain of crap and gets slurrier and stinkier as the tier rises. 

seconded!  I know many good players can make them work but I can't.  I keep trying because Des Moines is the only cruiser I have appropriate for Clan Battles, but I just don't have it down.

• Bad 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
9,218 battles

CV for me so far but I have not explored them in depth. 

Next up would be Russian DD's 

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
6,051 battles
1 minute ago, Brhinosaurus said:

seconded!  I know many good players can make them work but I can't.  I keep trying because Des Moines is the only cruiser I have appropriate for Clan Battles, but I just don't have it down.

It's just the play style. If I want to hump a corner for 15 min, I'd be in world of tanks. 

• Boring 1

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,239 posts
4 minutes ago, Lert said:

CVs.

This. T6+ they're awful, except the Saipan AS build which is usually OP easy mode and just serves to negate the enemy carrier. That said I almost only ever play these when there are plane kill requirements.

• Cool 1

[CS7]
Members
75 posts
4,951 battles

IJN DDs

You are outgunned by EVERY other nation's DDs. On top of that every time I play my Fujin or Kami, the enemy team is full of over-caffeinated WASD-hacking BB-ninjas. 

I'm sure there are great ships in  the line, but I just can't motivate myself to play them or "git gud".

[TEARZ]
[TEARZ]
Beta Testers
309 posts
7,378 battles

PanAsian dd line after tier 7, tier 8 just took the wind out of my sail for this line. I would have appreciated the tier 8 not having the American lofty shells and having some differences besides being a clone. I am not looking forward past this point becausr of the USN clones. 

CV once the strafe ability was intoduced

[KP]
Members
2,000 posts
18,484 battles
56 minutes ago, Usedcarjock said:

As the title says, what is the ship line that in your experience is the least fun to play? Not play against mind you, play yourself. I would have to say for me personally the RN BB line is the ship line I cannot find any enjoyment in. It just seems like a dull experience to play from beginning to end, where a captain’s skill vs the ship’s stats means very little. 

Jap DD's especially low tier they are food.

[SYN]
Members
4,532 posts
11,434 battles

IJN DDs.

Too heavily dependent on clueless fools derping into your torpedos.  Can't properly defend themselves in a pinch.  A hugely frustrating line to play.  I'd sell my Shinonome if it weren't a ship that couldn't be reacquired.

CVs are a close second but even though I hate the way CV play is implemented in this game, I'd still pick that over IJN DDs if a gun was pointed at my head.

Edited by Kuckoo
  • Cool 1

[KP]
Members
2,000 posts
18,484 battles
Just now, Kuckoo said:

IJN DDs.

Too heavily dependent on clueless fools deping into your torpedos.  Can't properly defend themselves in a pinch.  A hugely frustrating line to play.  I'd sell my Shinonome if it weren't a ship that couldn't be reacquired.

CVs are a close second but even though I hate the way CV play is implemented in this game, I'd still pick that over IJN DDs if a gun was pointed at my head.

Everything this guy said. Well put, saves me from saying this verbatim.

[BLUMR]
Members
2,048 posts
6,976 battles

Heres my list of Worse to best.

and first i must nkte im a jack if all trades. I know how to play nearly everything.

1- USN CV's literally sh*t

2- Royal navy Battleships borrring

3- american Battleships. I love these ships but not the grind. These ships are too slow and have a little high if a skill floor in terms of being able to see ahead 5years in the future for when you move to the next grid square.

4- Japanese Destoryers (Main line) torps are meh akatsuki fun gun bote thou.

5- Japanese Destroyers (Akizuki) ohh my shiratysu, minekaze, akizuki are like my favorite dd's now

6- USN Cruisers they alright. Nothing special. Can relate most to me with my jack of all trades.

7- IJN Carriers (i actually love the IJN carriers)

8- USN DD's (actually love the lower tier ones too)

9- german CL/CA's fun!

10- british cruisers (Emreald prob favorite tier 5 cl actually)

11- German Destoryers (the torp spam is realllll xDDDDD

12- German Battleships if you like fat as*es you will like this line.        l m a o

13- french cruisers

14- IJN Cruisers

15- Russian Cruisers

16- IJN Battleships

17- Russian DD's Khaba line (LOLOLOLOL THE SALT)

[ARRR]
Members
117 posts
2,303 battles

Carriers aside (because screw everything about those), I think I'm struggling the most with the IJN DDs like everyone else. I got the French La Galisoniarre (sp?) from the New Year's raid, and that seems like a wretched piece of feces, but I think I'd enjoy the ships higher up that line. Seen a lot of hatred for US cruisers which shocked me a bit. The Cleveland is probably the best T6 cruiser in the game imho, and after T6 you have 203mm super heavy AP which wrecks every other cruiser you face. I'll admit the Pensa was rough though lol.

[SIM]
Members
2,443 posts
4,080 battles

All of them, that’s why I only play premiums and gift ships. :cap_rambo:

[VVV]
Beta Testers
799 posts
5,155 battles

American CV's, But I think that would go for any CV line. I'm not good at it, And never felt rewarding yet if you sucked, You more less ruined the game for your team and reduced their chances of winning by a lot. I tried skipping through most of the tier's best I could so I didn't have to punish people to bad. Since I did want all 4 American T10's. After I got the Midway, I only use it in Coop. Overall the line was meh at best and IJN was always better by numbers at that time.

[NOOOB]
Members
1,441 posts
12,092 battles

American cruisers, couple of bright spots, lots of trash... will see how the future re-casting does....

Members
427 posts
3,849 battles

USN cruisers  - I just do not have that much fun with them.  They are my wife's favorite line however so ... ?  
CVs - This is the elephant in the room that everyone talks except the owner of the room.  I have a Sipan for plane missions (as otherwise finding CVs in normal play is too hit and miss) however ... they are just not that fun to play as or play against.  The Enterprise is one of my favorite ships in history and I have not purchased it as I know I would almost never play it until CV play style is changed.

[CVA16]
Members
2,750 posts
6,249 battles

CVs for me. The dynamics just don't fit what I like doing and that is shooting at them.

[DAY]
Members
1,154 posts
11,500 battles

for me its the german DDs.....because i played it before the buff

my T22 is spotted as far as away after it fires its gun as a mogami that fires its gun..........

6.3base det+4*105mm gun = 9.3base det + 2*5*203mm gun

that was a horrible experience

1 hour ago, NeutralState said:

you dont even have the des moines though..

Members
1,690 posts
7,231 battles

I don't have a line of ship that I don't like playing.  I used to hate the concept of CV play, until I got Saipan and Kaga...  Those two ARE fun and powerful, but probably give me a wrong representation of the class overall...  Well, given how OP they are, and how generally weak AA is at that tier (save for Atlanta and certain T8-T9 ships that you learn to avoid).  Having said that, there are ship lines that I play less, because I like other ships more.  Case in point - Moskva and entire line of VMF cruisers.  To tell you the truth, playing Kutuzov is more fun that all of the other VMF cruisers put together...

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,440 posts
10,186 battles

Not taking into account Premium ships I would say as a nation it would be IJN ships even though there are a couple I like scattered here and there. Overall The IJN national line is my least favorite. As far as ship type in the IJN line probably the Cruisers although BB's are close. However, Yamato saves it as that ship is capital F fun.

Have to say the BRN BB's are in the running though. Do not like their HE playstyle at all. IMO this was a huge mistake on WG's part making that their "national gimmick".

Edited by AdmiralThunder