You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Erebthoron

Since no one post it by now: PTS 7.1 will start at the 25th

17 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,107 posts
18,628 battles

Round 1  

Marseille Port

d189dabe-0076-11e8-baba-d89d6715223c.jpg

Take a vacation to the south of France with Marseille, our second French Port! It's drastically different from Dunkirk, and we used photos from 1936-1940s to recreate Marseille in detail, with the water void of military activity, focusing instead on the relaxing atmosphere associated with the French Riviera. Use the new camera features from Update 0.7.0 to take a tour!

French Battleships and the "Vive la France" Collection

All players access a dedicated temporary collection called "Vive la France" before the release of the new French battleship tech tree. 

d0e989a6-0076-11e8-8445-d89d6715223c_120

Complete combat missions during the Public Test to earn French Containers with collection items and the new Revolutionary camo: 

• Stylized images of Allied and French ships, including a battleship duo of Dunkerque and Hood in the North Sea
  • Coats of arms, badges from French battleships (Coat of Arms of Normandy)
  • Weapons and technical facilities associated with the history of the French Navy, including a 380mm gun, the first gun mounted on tier VIII battleship Richelieu
  • Each Container earned gives you a chance to open a special combat mission for the tier IX battleship Alsace carrying 380mm guns and equipped with a Speed Boost consumable

The collection has 18 total items.

Please Note: The requirements to earn these items are simpler during the Public Test compared to the live server, and rewards issued via Containers after the Update releases may differ from those granted during the Public Test.

A New Unique Commander

Complete the new collection to test the battle skills of new Commander Jean-Jacques Honoré. This battle-hardened veteran features enhanced "Expert Marksman" and "Adrenaline Rush" Skills, 10 undistributed Skill points, and training for the tier I cruiser Bougainville.

d1960014-0076-11e8-9ae9-d89d6715223c.jpg

Full characteristics of enhanced skills:

"Expert Marksman"

• +3 (instead of +2) degrees to traverse speed of guns with a caliber up to 139mm
  • +1 (instead of +0.7) degrees to traverse speed of guns with a caliber exceeding 139mm

"Adrenaline Rush"

• -0.25% (instead of -0.2%) to reload time of all types of armament for each 1% of HP lost

Map Changes

Thanks to your feedback, we reworked two maps that often left you asking questions:

"Trap" for tiers VIII-X ships

d1b05bda-0076-11e8-8f7e-d89d6715223c.jpg

"Tears of the Desert" for tier IX-X ships

d1ae3e54-0076-11e8-a613-d89d6715223c.jpg

These maps now encourage more dynamic gameplay, with improved balance between ship types. "Tears of the Desert" is noticeably more comfortable for cruisers. Its reduced dimensions make it possible to correct mistakes more efficiently and choose the optimal distance for each ship type.

New Map

In addition to the reworked maps, we're happy to announce the release of a totally new one! "Sleeping Giant" (tier IX and X) combines islands and straits with free flanks along the coasts of China with details like the Great Wall of China on in the distance.

d1964092-0076-11e8-8445-d89d6715223c.jpg

"Sleeping Giant" is relatively symmetrical and provides equal opportunities for both teams, encouraging dynamic gameplay. In Domination mode, large, low-rising islands you can fire from behind surround the Key Area on the left. Several straits between the right and center Key Areas allow movement from one Key Area to the other under cover.

Clan Battles Season II

Clan Battles return soon! During the Islands of Ice season, standard rules apply:

• Tier X ships clash in a 7v7 format with no carriers and a limit of no more than one battleship per team
  • A victorious battle moves a Clan up the league's ladder where Hurricane, an extra top league awaits you
  • To access Hurricane, climb the Typhoon League ratings through a series of Progression Battles
  • The Hurricane League doesn't contain any groups, and there are no limits on boosting your Clan's Rating

Remember, once you lose all your points, your Clan must win in a series of Relegation Battles to stay in the league.

Five Leagues comprise the Clan Rating system:

• Squall League
  • Gale League
  • Storm League
  • Typhoon League
  • Hurricane League

During the Public Test, battles take place between teams of three players. Ships aren't available for rent on the Public Test out but it'll be a lot easier to unlock any desired tier X ship, so go for it! Plunge right into the heat of battles in League -- conditions for progressing through Leagues are noticeably simplified, too. As usual, rented tier X ships will be available after you've played at least one battle after the Update is live.

Sound Changes

Sounds in World of Warships become more versatile and saturated with each Update, and Update 0.7.1 is no exception, bringing:

• A special sound warning denoting a change of weather conditions in battle 
  • More impressive sounds of shells hitting ships, ship destruction, surface explosions, and guns firing at a long distance from your ship when you're in the Binocular view with the Ultra High audio quality selected
  • Increased distance of battle audibility by improving the dimensional processing of sounds
  • Music processed differently depending on camera angle when playing an aircraft carrier with the War Drums sound mod enabled 

Graphics Changes

Two new graphics settings, Maximum and Very Low, let you choose between beautiful details or uncompromising performance, respectively.

Supertester
2,589 posts
8,292 battles

Cruiser cancer meta in CB again. Joy. 

Everybody polish your Hindenmoskvamoines up, it's gonna be another fun HE hydrodar spam fest! 

[R-F]
Members
675 posts
6,170 battles

Digging the new map changes, especially to Trap.  Those long islands with no breaks around B were always cumbersome.

Disappointed there are no changes to the Clan Battles format.  I thought there was room for improvement.

Members
6,626 posts
25,279 battles

I like the changes to both maps. Cutting the long islands in B & C in Trap will make it more interesting and more places to shoot from/less hiding.

Changes to Tears fo the Cruisers are long overdue. Nice to see them coming.

• Cool 1

[KP]
Members
1,995 posts
18,391 battles
16 minutes ago, alexf24 said:

I like the changes to both maps. Cutting the long islands in B & C in Trap will make it more interesting and more places to shoot from/less hiding.

Changes to Tears fo the Cruisers are long overdue. Nice to see them coming.

It will make supporting B a little more dynamic you won't have to slog around the 2 long islands at B just to get guns to bare I like it.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,062 posts
9,188 battles

New BB line! Sweet!. Fun to play and fun to play against!

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,362 posts
10,151 battles

Would be cool if you could earn the new French Capt in Co-op too but I am sure it will be Random only like it was with Yamamoto.:Smile_sad:

Curious how the French BB's will be.

That new map looks like a bear for high tier Bb play. A lot like Shatter which I hate. Hope I am wrong.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

And here we go copy and paste from the WG news. Of all the players in the WG family I  can say the Forums and 90% of the folks who come here already have read this  and understand whats coming when and the full story is from WG News. This is redundant to copy and paste it .

[NSC]
[NSC]
Members
197 posts
3,833 battles

I went to download the test server... Thought I might play some ships in lines I don't have open. score a bit of loot. help you folks out. I left the game downloading when I went to bed last night. We're last mile internet around here. I thought 5 Gig, that's not bad. It'll be done in the morning. I came to my comp to find another 14 Gig download going on that was 65% complete. That's too much fellas.

How about finding a way to clone the information that we already have on our comps. Tweak it for the changes you want to make to the game. We test it and you get your feedback. All without the extra large data transfers.

[PVE]
Members
8,834 posts
7,257 battles
5 minutes ago, Pigpen_721 said:

I went to download the test server... Thought I might play some ships in lines I don't have open. score a bit of loot. help you folks out. I left the game downloading when I went to bed last night. We're last mile internet around here. I thought 5 Gig, that's not bad. It'll be done in the morning. I came to my comp to find another 14 Gig download going on that was 65% complete. That's too much fellas.

How about finding a way to clone the information that we already have on our comps. Tweak it for the changes you want to make to the game. We test it and you get your feedback. All without the extra large data transfers.

I think that once you download it for the first time, it is much smaller the subsequent updates.

[NSC]
[NSC]
Members
197 posts
3,833 battles
2 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

I think that once you download it for the first time, it is much smaller the subsequent updates.

Thanks. Can you recall the size of your download?

[PVE]
Members
8,834 posts
7,257 battles
7 minutes ago, Pigpen_721 said:

Thanks. Can you recall the size of your download?

It was last year, sorry. I have a fiber connection and don't pay that much attention to the downloads. I do remember that the first one was much longer and the more recent were roughly as long as a regular update.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Supertester
7,520 posts
7,578 battles
18 hours ago, paradat said:

New BB line! Sweet!. Fun to play and fun to play against!

The French BB line is not coming with 7.1. Just the port and collection are coming with this patch. That’s why it says “before the release is the tech tree”. French BBs should be arriving in 7.2.

[WOLF1]
Members
2,632 posts
8,195 battles

Here I'm wondering if the new graphical settings means 'maximum' looks better than the current highest settings or if its just a new preset that bumps up everything to the current highest settings. The blurb seems too small for there to have been noticeable graphics improvements, but I guess I'll find out in PTS tonight.

6 hours ago, Wolcott said:

Still no flag customization.

I'm about to just mod the PA flag to ROCN since they're taking a while. Also hoping the customization includes ze Germans instead of being limited to PA, it bothers me my low-tier German ships are flying the KM flag.

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
1,940 posts
26 minutes ago, PelicanHazard said:

I'm about to just mod the PA flag to ROCN since they're taking a while. Also hoping the customization includes ze Germans instead of being limited to PA, it bothers me my low-tier German ships are flying the KM flag.

IIRC Sub_Octavian said we will be able to put national flags like Thailand on Moskva, so I'm pretty sure its not limited to PA. It's just a question of whether we will get to use historical, uncensored flags, seeing as mods can only be seen by the user. I myself hate seeing the censored KM flag on Imperial German ships.