You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Radar_X

CvC and Prime Time Matching

29 comments in this topic

[WGA]
Administrator
661 posts
249 battles

Dear Captains!

Thanks to your support, the first season of clan battles was a success, and the second one is just about to begin! However some of you, especially those who live outside of most populated time zones, cannot fully engage in Clan battles due to your normal play time.

Primetime is still something that we need for clan battles, as it allows faster queues with adequate diversity of opponents. Furthermore, we don’t want this new and exciting game mode to turn into a second job that needed the teams to play without breaks. That said, we still want the mode to be available for all clans, no matter where their members live.

This is why we’re working on a way to solve the Primetime issue once and for all! The core principle is that you will be able to participate in the other servers’ clan battles during their respective primetimes. It means, that even when most of players on your server are offline and it’s past their primetime, you’ll still be able to find a worthy opponent on a different server. In addition, you will receive all the appropriate rewards and ratings, while your accounts will remain on your chosen server. This leads us to another feature: Global Clan Rating. All the clan battle participants will be able to show their skills to other players around the world.

Obviously, the most burning question right now would be: “When will you implement this feature?”. Currently we can’t tell you the exact version number (or Clan Battles season for that matter), but we can assure you, that we are taking every measure we can to bring it to life. We see this as one of the top priorities for the game and THE top priority for development of our clan community.

Thanks again for your support and involvement!

• Cool 12
  • Boring 1

[ERN]
[ERN]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,101 posts
4,223 battles

wait what? we will be able to battle against other clans from the other servers without having to install a other client? is this a dream?

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,037 posts
12,517 battles

Clever solution, although it sounds like lag could become a problem. Still, way better than the alternatives!

[ERN]
[ERN]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,101 posts
4,223 battles
32 minutes ago, Edgecase said:

Clever solution, although it sounds like lag could become a problem. Still, way better than the alternatives!

lag or pocket lost isn't really an issue in Wows.

[CUTIE]
[CUTIE]
Members
168 posts
8,437 battles

Verrrrry interesting option. 

[RIPQP]
WoWS Wiki Editor, Supertester
725 posts
7,647 battles

0,o

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,161 battles
3 hours ago, Radar_X said:

I for one support this idea! i think this will be very helpful for my clan since the prime time was very inconvenient for us.

What about you @Kitsunelegend? You agree with me?

[BBC]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
366 posts
5,748 battles
3 hours ago, MajorRenegade said:

it sure use to be...I remember when you had to lead your shots so your shells landed up to a ship length in front of your target and you would watch your shells land way ahead of the target splash into the water but still get cits and dmg cause of the desync 

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles
1 hour ago, Fog_Repair_Ship_Akashi said:

I for one support this idea! i think this will be very helpful for my clan since the prime time was very inconvenient for us.

What about you @Kitsunelegend? You agree with me?

Maybe? I'm very confused as to what this means though... I'm not getting the impression that we'll be able to play people on different servers without having to download another client... to me it just sounds like the clan rating is global or something...

Its kinda confusing and I'd like more info on it before I agree with anything...

[BBC]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
366 posts
5,748 battles
3 hours ago, MajorRenegade said:

sorry but to be more clear i am 100% for this it sounds awesome and cant wait for them to get it going

[ZR]
Members
86 posts
2,565 battles
6 hours ago, Radar_X said:

Dear Captains!

Thanks to your support, the first season of clan battles was a success, and the second one is just about to begin! However some of you, especially those who live outside of most populated time zones, cannot fully engage in Clan battles due to your normal play time.

Primetime is still something that we need for clan battles, as it allows faster queues with adequate diversity of opponents. Furthermore, we don’t want this new and exciting game mode to turn into a second job that needed the teams to play without breaks. That said, we still want the mode to be available for all clans, no matter where their members live.

This is why we’re working on a way to solve the Primetime issue once and for all! The core principle is that you will be able to participate in the other servers’ clan battles during their respective primetimes. It means, that even when most of players on your server are offline and it’s past their primetime, you’ll still be able to find a worthy opponent on a different server. In addition, you will receive all the appropriate rewards and ratings, while your accounts will remain on your chosen server. This leads us to another feature: Global Clan Rating. All the clan battle participants will be able to show their skills to other players around the world.

Obviously, the most burning question right now would be: “When will you implement this feature?”. Currently we can’t tell you the exact version number (or Clan Battles season for that matter), but we can assure you, that we are taking every measure we can to bring it to life. We see this as one of the top priorities for the game and THE top priority for development of our clan community.

Thanks again for your support and involvement!

If WG only had as much will to bring cvs into CB as this....

[DYING]
Members
41 posts
8,283 battles

Are you ever going to bother implementing CVs in CWs as well? Is that anywhere on the priority list?

[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,478 posts
6,653 battles

Super welcome news, POPCORN is proud of being global and inclusive in outlook, we compliment and thank WG (and the OP of course) for recognizing that such examples as our clan, will embrace the opportunity to deepen our involvement in CvC.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

This is of no help in determining  the actual Clan Battle schedule. Just make the clan battles 24/7 on certain days.{Thursday thru Sunday} I don't care to play on other servers {Lag and packet loss} This Global nonsense is a dream of some new world order enthusiast. Using the NA server is all I want {even with the lag} International Clan battles is OK for those who wish it.{{Don't force me to deal with foreign languages}{more than the NA has already}} Instead of the visions of grandeur get it working right on each server before this becomes an abomination. Use the KISS method "Keep It Simple Stupid"

[LHG]
Members
1,618 posts
4,887 battles

Ok, fair enough and certainly a potential improvement over how it was handled last season. 

So exactly how will this work.  Will we be able to launch from the NA server or will we have to establish accounts on a different server.  I'm assuming there has to be some functionality that allows the accounts on the other server to read and bring over our ships and commanders from the NA server and that whatever happens on the other server it will report our activities back to your clan base on the NA server.  Do you have any information on how it's intended for this to work? 

[RKN]
Members
1,424 posts
11,761 battles

So now my clan can play in SEA time slot, woo hoo! Wait. It starts at 2am because the times are rubbish across all servers.

Well, it was a nice thought. Thank you.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,037 posts
12,517 battles

@Radar_X After having given this some more thought, will this system require that a single clan be able to field a full 7-player team for the off-time-zone? Because many clans have a few (say, 3-4) players who play on EU or ASIA time, but not enough to queue a full clan team. This system seems like it would not be of use to them; it would force them to choose between staying in their current clans without playing CB, or moving clans to one that consolidates players in international time zones. And that seems like it rather misses the point of the change.

[DAY]
Members
1,154 posts
11,500 battles

being the only member in my clean that lives in NA, now I'm scared

i don't wanna wake up 6am for CW

[SMI-1]
[SMI-1]
Members
272 posts
8,398 battles

@Radar_X Well since I have seen the notes for the Clan Battles to start on the 10th of Feb. 2018 that means that War Gaming just lied to the entire Player Base again and did not ask for our opinion again. Just another lie after another lie, Talk about Prime time Global and Stats give me a break another lie, why can't WG just tell the truth for once, can they do that? I don't think so at this point. Can't get a answer from anybody at WG for a single topic on anything.

Going to be the same problem this time, because you can bet your [edited]WG has done nothing about Tranfers of players in the large clans, like O7-Run and SNA-? and OPG, they will cheat again and skirt the rules in the gray area.

Just more false hopes from a game that a lot of us have played for 3 years and it is about to come to a end.

Sere_Pj

• Bad 1

Members
1,779 posts
17,360 battles
On ‎2‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 5:56 AM, Sere_Pj said:

Well since I have seen the notes for the Clan Battles to start on the 10th of Feb. 2018 that means that War Gaming just lied to the entire Player Base again

On ‎1‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 9:28 AM, Radar_X said:

Obviously, the most burning question right now would be: “When will you implement this feature?”. Currently we can’t tell you the exact version number (or Clan Battles season for that matter),

Think he made it pretty clear that it wasn't happening this season...but they are working on it for the future.

Members
191 posts
10,359 battles
On 2/6/2018 at 5:56 AM, Sere_Pj said:

@Radar_X Well since I have seen the notes for the Clan Battles to start on the 10th of Feb. 2018 that means that War Gaming just lied to the entire Player Base again and did not ask for our opinion again. Just another lie after another lie, Talk about Prime time Global and Stats give me a break another lie, why can't WG just tell the truth for once, can they do that? I don't think so at this point. Can't get a answer from anybody at WG for a single topic on anything.

Going to be the same problem this time, because you can bet your [edited]WG has done nothing about Tranfers of players in the large clans, like O7-Run and SNA-? and OPG, they will cheat again and skirt the rules in the gray area.

Just more false hopes from a game that a lot of us have played for 3 years and it is about to come to a end.

Sere_Pj

In fact they have done something about player transfers O Salty One. Everyone now has 3 day cool down when switching.