Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Happy668

German BBs, not my favorite

13 comments in this topic

[WOLF1]
Members
1,986 posts

don't know why people like Bismarck that much, the guns are so weak, feel like just scratching off paints every time, no punch

now I get the Der Grobe, thought I finally get better guns, well it gets hits in the citadel very easily unlike Bismarck, where's the turtle back lol

Edited by Happy668

[POP]
Members
1,229 posts
8,090 battles

Secondary build... 

The Bismark is a LOT of fun at close range. I've gotten more than 300 secondary hits in a battle before. No one with any sense wants to get within 11.3 km of a Bismark. Just in case. 

• Cool 1

[KP]
Members
2,015 posts
18,493 battles
7 minutes ago, OgreMkV said:

Secondary build... 

The Bismark is a LOT of fun at close range. I've gotten more than 300 secondary hits in a battle before. No one with any sense wants to get within 11.3 km of a Bismark. Just in case. 

Yeah but pointing and clicking and letting RNG take care of the rest is only amusing for so long. I sold my Bismarck as I favor BB's that reward people who know how to aim.

• Bad 1

[BORK]
Members
256 posts
5,308 battles

The Bis was free for me a couple months back from doing a collection.

It was the only t8 I had with most of my fleet being comprised of t4-6 ships.

In the right situation the Bismark shines pretty brightly. I think my highest damage in a game came from her (187k along with a kraken, HC, confederate and 2 sinkings from her secondaries)

Id wager that for most people it was their intro to t8 ships because of the mission that made her free.

The problem for me is that I am almost always put in battles where half the team are t10 with the other half being t9 ships and the Bis being the low tier in the battle.

Rarely do I get a battle where shes pitted against other t8 ships.

now that I have a FDG that almost immediately shows up on everyones radar if I dare to move an inch forward making her the first target in almost every game Id rather play the Bis since I can get off shots at the other ships since the FDG has less range than my Bis currently and less range than the ships shooting at her from 20+km away compared to my FDGs 18.x

also service costs are just draining my bank since my FDG is almost always first to die. so for me...I prefer to play the Bismark.

[SF-3]
Members
1,452 posts
7,934 battles

Whats not to like? Its an up close, in your face brawler. If you want a sniping ship play USN or IJN. The Biz is meant to be played by people with balls. To push, to bully, to tank damage.

[BORK]
Members
256 posts
5,308 battles

The Biz is meant to be played by people with balls. To push, to bully, to tank damage.

The problem with that is the lack of team work and plethora of passive players.

Shes a good tank but not for long depending on if anyone is interested in doing DPS.

• Cool 1

[OPG]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,872 posts
10,416 battles

Freddy has better armor, you just face guns with more pen more often since you're moving up a tier. Personally I hate the German bbs excluding gk and scharnhorst bc you have enough guns that you don't notice the horrific dispersion as much. The higher in tier you go however the more the gimmick of secondaries wears off due to engagement ranges increasing, making the secondaries almost a waste quite often.

[FATE]
Members
18 posts
2,802 battles

Bismarck is a great ship especially in tier 8 matches where the meta is more aligned with the Bismarck's strengths. Once you get dropped into a tier 9/10 game things change because players play smarter and more conservative shooting at range. This is why I believe that you are stating that the Bismarck and Friedrich Der Große are weak ships. 

One way to make sure that you will not get deleted in the first 5 minutes of the game is to make sure to spec your captain with the concealment skill, and make sure that you also run the concealment module. This will help you not be the xp pinjata at the beginning of a match. Having concealment on the German BBs helps when getting into position at the beginning of a battle, allows you to drop into stealth between salvos at range, and can also help you with closing the gap between a target and yourself that you choose to focus on. As long as you are outside of your own secondaries range, the opposing ship that you are engaging always has an advantage over you. The German lines strenghts come into the light the closer you get to your target.

Also make sure you choose wisely when to push in because otherwise you just get deleted, so don't yolo. The opposing ships pack a much bigger punch now, and you no longer are the biggest bully on the block especially when up tiered.  

The word on the forum is that you just have to get passed Friedrich Der Große and grind to the Kurfürst where it will be worth your time spent grinding out the line. 

Edited by Battlelust

Alpha Tester
2,737 posts
4,354 battles
1 hour ago, OgreMkV said:

Secondary build... 

i.e. In it for the BLAM BLAM BLAM...nothing else...

Can charge smoke too...

[POP]
Members
1,229 posts
8,090 battles

There's a lot of people who assume a lot of things that are completely and totally wrong. 

[CAST]
Members
1,171 posts
7,210 battles

The Bismarck dispersion is too much for long range combat, so you will lose any one on one battles from long range.  It excels if you can survive till later in the game.  Once you get in brawling range, it mauls other ships. 

Members
1,789 posts
8,214 battles
1 hour ago, Happy668 said:

don't know why people like Bismarck that much, the guns are so weak, feel like just scratching off paints every time, no punch

now I get the Der Grobe, thought I finally get better guns, well it gets hits in the citadel very easily unlike Bismarck, where's the turtle back lol

You need to get close with Germnan BBs. Unfortunately RN BBs and Pan-Asian DDs have made that very difficult. More because of the passivity of your teammates than the threat they represent.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this