Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
M8i

Torpedoes Yets annoy

47 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

7
Members
26 posts
1,899 battles

How many darn times do I get torpedoed?!    

Edited by M8i
  • Bad 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7
Members
26 posts
1,899 battles
Just now, Brhinosaurus said:

As many times as it takes, generally.

Well Iam trying to have fun in a battleship only to get blown up in 5 minates

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
497
[R-F]
Members
783 posts
6,420 battles

What tier are you playing?  Torpedoes are indeed the nemesis of the battleship but if you can give us some more information we can give you some pointers on avoiding them.  In general: don't be predictable.  Vary your course and speed if you have the slightest reason to suspect destroyers may be present.  They can only hit you if they can guess where you're going to be quite a bit after they launch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7
Members
26 posts
1,899 battles
Just now, CesilTheDiddler said:

Don't sail in straight lines at the same speed.

I don't

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-K-]
Beta Testers
189 posts
3,942 battles
7 minutes ago, M8i said:

I don't

If you aren't sailing in straight lines at the same speed torpedoes shouldn't be to much of an issue for you, try putting up a plane if you suspect torps are on the way, spec your captain with vigilance.

Edited by CesilTheDiddler

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
715
[USCC2]
Members
3,595 posts

If you're not throwing out bait.....

At low tiers every ship pretty much has an equal chance to cause damage (could even favour the smaller ships!) as the mechanics seen in the higher tiers that work against the smaller ships are not in place.

However, if you are talking about higher tiers (and not exaggerating too much in your 5 min info), then it seems you may be pushing to the front too fast without making use of the ship info details at the loading screen, the mini-map, your own ships (DDs and CAs) as a screen, and any spotter plane or helpful consumable you may have. :Smile_honoring:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7
Members
26 posts
1,899 battles
1 minute ago, _WaveRider_ said:

If you're not throwing out bait.....

At low tiers every ship pretty much has an equal chance to cause damage (could even favour the smaller ships!) as the mechanics seen in the higher tiers that work against the smaller ships are not in place.

However, if you are talking about higher tiers (and not exaggerating too much in your 5 min info), then it seems you may be pushing to the front too fast without making use of the ship info details at the loading screen, the mini-map, your own ships (DDs and CAs) as a screen, and any spotter plane or helpful consumable you may have. :Smile_honoring:

But Iam in a BB I should take down other ships with ease.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7
Members
26 posts
1,899 battles
Just now, _WaveRider_ said:

:Smile_teethhappy: Ok, bait.

Why can't a Kawachi take more damage from  Friant torps?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,182 battles
27 minutes ago, M8i said:

How many darn times do I get torpedoed?!    

As many times as you continue to sail in straight lines.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
65 posts
750 battles
4 minutes ago, M8i said:

But Iam in a BB I should take down other ships with ease.

You are in for a rude awakening if you enter the battle with that belief. Good luck but be prepared to sink a lot if you don't change your perspective a bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,182 battles
5 minutes ago, M8i said:

But Iam in a BB I should take down other ships with ease.

Yah CV's called. Your obsolete.

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7
Members
26 posts
1,899 battles
2 minutes ago, psmobius1 said:

You are in for a rude awakening if you enter the battle with that belief. Good luck but be prepared to sink a lot if you don't change your perspective a bit.

And this game has too many of those damn torps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23,004
[HINON]
Supertester
19,276 posts
12,815 battles
1 minute ago, M8i said:

And this game has too many of those damn torps.

Stay at tier I. No torps there.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
497
[R-F]
Members
783 posts
6,420 battles
6 minutes ago, M8i said:

But Iam in a BB I should take down other ships with ease.

90% sure you're trolling now but just in case:

World of Warships is not a realistic combat simulation.  It is intended for all ship types to be equally powerful, in different ways, in a sort of "rock paper scissors" relationship.  The fact that the battleship was the ultimate fighting ship until carriers were developed has no relevance here.  A destroyer will generally beat a battleship.  A cruiser will beat a destroyer and a battleship will beat a cruiser.  Carriers just muck up everyone's day.  

If you are constantly being preyed upon by destroyers, the solution is to coordinate better with the friendly fleet so that you can be better protect you.  Keep the enemy battleships and cruisers from harming your cruisers, and they will keep the destroyers from harming you.

 

  • Cool 1
  • Angry 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,182 battles
11 minutes ago, M8i said:

And this game has too many of those damn torps.

No. The most you can face in one salvo at your tier is......12 from an Othotnik at 4.5 km. if you let a DD get that close and sail in a straight line....Yah you deserve to be torped and die.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7
Members
26 posts
1,899 battles
3 minutes ago, Brhinosaurus said:

90% sure you're trolling now but just in case:

World of Warships is not a realistic combat simulation.  It is intended for all ship types to be equally powerful, in different ways, in a sort of "rock paper scissors" relationship.  The fact that the battleship was the ultimate fighting ship until carriers were developed has no relevance here.  A destroyer will generally beat a battleship.  A cruiser will beat a destroyer and a battleship will beat a cruiser.  Carriers just muck up everyone's day.  

If you are constantly being preyed upon by destroyers, the solution is to coordinate better with the friendly fleet so that you can be better protect you.  Keep the enemy battleships and cruisers from harming your cruisers, and they will keep the destroyers from harming you.

 

I know that it is not a sim but why do I have to deal with torps so much?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,182 battles
Just now, M8i said:

I know that it is not a sim but why do I have to deal with torps so much?

Because you are a Battleship and that is how destroyers kill Battleships?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
497
[R-F]
Members
783 posts
6,420 battles
Just now, M8i said:

I know that it is not a sim but why do I have to deal with torps so much?

because that's what kills you!  It's a competitive game, people are trying to kill you and they're using the best tool for the job.  Do you think the cruisers you're blasting are asking "Why do I have to deal with large caliber shells so much?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7
Members
26 posts
1,899 battles
1 minute ago, Fog_Repair_Ship_Akashi said:

Because you are a Battleship and that is how destroyers kill Battleships?

 

2 minutes ago, Brhinosaurus said:

because that's what kills you!  It's a competitive game, people are trying to kill you and they're using the best tool for the job.  Do you think the cruisers you're blasting are asking "Why do I have to deal with large caliber shells so much?"

Well I use the best tool for job as a BB main batteries. Torps are just plain cheap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
497
[R-F]
Members
783 posts
6,420 battles

So how would you prefer to be killed?  Or would you prefer to have weapons that are highly effective against certain ships, but none that are highly effective against you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,182 battles
Just now, M8i said:

 

Well I use the best tool for job as a BB main batteries. Torps are just plain cheap.

Cheap? How? that is how destroyers sink BBs. look at a history book. Oh wait....that requires looking at WW i era 'Seamboats'.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×