You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
DoomIDDQD

I got my Musashi just now! Yay! (With my pic)

29 comments in this topic

[HK]
[HK]
Beta Testers
24 posts
4,835 battles

This is the moment before I purchase it. 

5a68ae0c69c0c_Musashi1.thumb.jpg.06eadb000dd0056fec1c495d8fa22eb7.jpg

Yea! What a beautiful ship!:cap_book:

5a68ae33259ff_Musashi2.thumb.jpg.be97bf39ed91a55eae3db9008aef9bd5.jpg

• Cool 1

Members
2,748 posts
6,229 battles

I watched a really good episode last night on the Military Channel that included the Musachi.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles

Very nice ship, congratulations! :Smile_medal:

[NOOOB]
Members
1,437 posts
12,035 battles

+200k free exp earned, more than 1/2 million left to go - long slog ahead (even with flags) before posting pictures of the ship in my port....

Edited by Panzer1113

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,344 posts
10,134 battles

Congratulations. It is a fun ship. If you have already played Yamato you will have no trouble playing Musashi. It is a blast 1 shotting T7 BB's too. They just go POOF! LOL

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[KNMSU]
Members
1,393 posts
809 battles
1 hour ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Congratulations. It is a fun ship. If you have already played Yamato you will have no trouble playing Musashi. It is a blast 1 shotting T7 BB's too. They just go POOF! LOL

That's why I'm hesitant to play my Gneisenau...

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,161 battles
5 hours ago, Panzer1113 said:

+200k free exp earned, more than 1/2 million left to go - long slog ahead (even with flags) before posting pictures of the ship in my port....

Do Operations, getting 3+ stars with flags gives you far more free xp then any random match (unless you do a super-carry).

• Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,344 posts
10,134 battles
11 minutes ago, _Maho_Nishizumi_212 said:

That's why I'm hesitant to play my Gneisenau...

Would be very rare to one shot Gneisenau or Scharnhorst due to their armor scheme even with those 18" guns. HUGE damage salvo sure but 1 shot from full health unlikely as it generally takes citadels to do it. I suppose you could be detonated. I have done 40K+ salvos to them without a cit.

I have one shot full health (or so close couldn't tell they had damage already) Colorado, Nagato, and Nelson. Almost did it to Hood. Have not shot at a KGV or DOY with Musashi yet to know what it will do there.  1st time I did it was to a Nagato that was bow on to me. 3 cits right up the nose and it went POOF! I was like "What??? LOL".

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[KNMSU]
Members
1,393 posts
809 battles

True, but she still eats massive damage into superstructure...

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,161 battles
6 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

3 cits right up the nose and it went POOF! I was like "What??? LOL".

Overmatch baby!

066rhNg.gif

[KNMSU]
Members
1,393 posts
809 battles
Just now, Fog_Repair_Ship_Akashi said:

Overmatch baby!

066rhNg.gif

Still waiting for Yamato to get her historical Wave-Motion Shields...

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,161 battles
1 minute ago, _Maho_Nishizumi_212 said:

Still waiting for Yamato to get her historical Wave-Motion Shields...

Yah but that penned the Wave-Motion Shields. So argument is invalid.

[KNMSU]
Members
1,393 posts
809 battles

Maybe, but they stopped a lot more than they let through... Heck, she rammed Desler's Palace and came off no worse than she already was...

Edited by _Maho_Nishizumi_212

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,344 posts
10,134 battles
4 minutes ago, Fog_Repair_Ship_Akashi said:

Overmatch baby!

066rhNg.gif

Yup.

Is that from the US Star Blazers show in the early 80's or the Japanese version?

Edited by AdmiralThunder

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,161 battles
1 minute ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Yup.

Is that from the US Star Blazzers show in the early 80's or the Japanese version?

Space Battleship Yamato 2199. The reboot of Star blazers. Kobayashi was part of the team and it is a really good anime series.

[KNMSU]
Members
1,393 posts
809 battles
Just now, AdmiralThunder said:

Yup.

Is that from the US Star Blazzers show in the early 80's or the Japanese version?

Space Battleship Yamato 2199. It's the Japanese 2013 remake of the 1974 original. Remake of the 1975 2nd series is underway (called SBY 2202)

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,344 posts
10,134 battles
Just now, Fog_Repair_Ship_Akashi said:

Space Battleship Yamato 2199. The reboot of Star blazers.

Ok. Never seen it but I used to rush home from school every day to watch Star Blazers. LOL

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,344 posts
10,134 battles
1 minute ago, _Maho_Nishizumi_212 said:

Space Battleship Yamato 2199. It's the Japanese 2013 remake of the 1974 original. Remake of the 1975 2nd series is underway (called SBY 2202)

thanks

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,161 battles
12 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Ok. Never seen it but I used to rush home from school every day to watch Star Blazers. LOL

If you like Star Blazers you will like 2199. It improves on the original series story as well as paying homage to it. If you are curious about how they did that read this;

The Yamato is bigger than previous incarnations of the ship, because the anime design team now scaled the entire ship to be on proportion with the dimensions of the bridge, so now Yamato is 333m long (original was 263m). Also the entire ship has been internally reworked to make more sense and it is no longer built in the wreck of the original sunken battleship Yamato.

Queen Starsha had only one sister, Sasha (Astra in the English dub), in the original series, who was sent to Earth with both Starsha's message and the plans for the Wave Motion Engine. In 2199, the queen has two sisters, Yurisha and Sasha. Yurisha was sent to Earth one year before Sasha with the message and the engine schematics; Sasha was tasked with bringing the engine's "activation core". Yurisha bears an uncanny resemblance to Yuki, leading to a protracted case of mistaken identity between them (with Yuki even being taken prisoner by Gamilas operatives who believe she is Yurisha).

The Yamato departs Earth with a much larger crew of 999 crew on board. In the original series, Yamato had a crew of 114.

While main weapons remain largely the same, the Yamato now has missile ports in the under keel to cover that previously assumed as "blind" spot.

Captain Okita is much more involved in the storyline. In the original Yamato, his illness took him out much sooner and he spent more time laid up in bed. Here, he remains in command almost to the end.

There is considerable cordial if tense interaction between Gamilas and humans, something that did not happen in the original series.

In the original series, Kodai assumed command of the Yamato when Okita was taken ill. Here, Sanada is the designated XO and takes over when Okita cannot command. Sanada is considerably fleshed out from the original series, with much more back story and complexity to his character.

The Yamato's main guns can fire projectile shells in addition to antielectron pulses. In the first series, she never fired shells (which turn out to be critical to the ship's survival in more than one instance).

Yuki is no longer needed in the medical bay, as there is full medical staff on board. There are many more women compared to the original series since now one third of the crew is female, including a pilot and an intelligence officer.

The character Akira Yamamoto is made into a woman, and has a much larger role in this part of the story.

We see much more of Gamilas society. Many of its leaders are shown sympathetically to be family men more worried about their children than war. People conquered by Gamilas serve as second-class citizens, and are often looked down upon by Gamilas.

The Gamilas military and Dessler are much more obvious Nazi figures than before. Their clothing is similar to Nazi dress field uniforms, they wear a logo on their neck that looks like the SS lightning bolts and the names of all of the admirals and generals are distinctly German-sounding, like Ditz, Goer, Hiss, Dommel and Shultz; most of whom are allegories of the top military officers of Nazi Germany. (Despite this, in one sense the Gamilas do still reflect Americans. The military platoon made up of Zaltzi volunteers, second class citizens of the Gamilas, is still called the 442nd Special Operations platoon, a reference to the US Army's heavily decorated 442nd Infantry Regiment during World War II, made up of Japanese volunteers.)

The suicide run of Mamoru Kodai's command, Yukikaze, occurs for a different motive - to cover the retreat of Okita rather than being unable to bear the shame of defeat as in the original. This was the motive given in the Star Blazers dub, and also used in the 2010 Live Action film.

After surviving the Battle of Pluto and being taken prisoner, Mamoru Kodai crash-landed on Iscandar and was rescued by Starsha. In the original series, she nursed him back to health; the two fell in love, and he remained with her on Iscandar to rebuild its population. In 2199, he died before the Yamato arrived, leaving a recorded message.

While the Yamato has an all-Japanese crew, she flies as a United Nations ship. The United Nations logo is seen on the vessel and Okita talks to United Nations officials via long range communication, not officials in Japan.

In the early episodes of the original 1974 series, Gamilas characters had caucasian skintones. Dessler also had a more yellowish skintone in early appearances. This abruptly changed after episode ten when all Gamilas characters were given a blue skin tone to make them more alien in appearance. The discrepancy remains unexplained. In the 2199 series, the difference is justified by establishing caucasian Gamilas characters such as Shulz, Ganz, and the commander of the Jupiter floating continent as Zaltzi, a subject race of Gamilas (blue skinned members being of the Imperial race). This also effectively establishes Gamilas as an interstellar empire that absorbs other races into its culture.

The Gamilas Empire is shown using a number of robotic soldiers, another nod to the Star Blazers dub, which needed to justify the enemy soldiers being shot at in order to make the original series less violent.

[KNMSU]
Members
1,393 posts
809 battles
21 hours ago, Fog_Repair_Ship_Akashi said:

If you like Star Blazers you will like 2199. It improves on the original series story as well as paying homage to it. If you are curious about how they did that read this;

The Yamato is bigger than previous incarnations of the ship, because the anime design team now scaled the entire ship to be on proportion with the dimensions of the bridge, so now Yamato is 333m long (original was 263m). Also the entire ship has been internally reworked to make more sense and it is no longer built in the wreck of the original sunken battleship Yamato.

Queen Starsha had only one sister, Sasha (Astra in the English dub), in the original series, who was sent to Earth with both Starsha's message and the plans for the Wave Motion Engine. In 2199, the queen has two sisters, Yurisha and Sasha. Yurisha was sent to Earth one year before Sasha with the message and the engine schematics; Sasha was tasked with bringing the engine's "activation core". Yurisha bears an uncanny resemblance to Yuki, leading to a protracted case of mistaken identity between them (with Yuki even being taken prisoner by Gamilas operatives who believe she is Yurisha).

The Yamato departs Earth with a much larger crew of 999 crew on board. In the original series, Yamato had a crew of 114.

While main weapons remain largely the same, the Yamato now has missile ports in the under keel to cover that previously assumed as "blind" spot.

Captain Okita is much more involved in the storyline. In the original Yamato, his illness took him out much sooner and he spent more time laid up in bed. Here, he remains in command almost to the end.

There is considerable cordial if tense interaction between Gamilas and humans, something that did not happen in the original series.

In the original series, Kodai assumed command of the Yamato when Okita was taken ill. Here, Sanada is the designated XO and takes over when Okita cannot command. Sanada is considerably fleshed out from the original series, with much more back story and complexity to his character.

The Yamato's main guns can fire projectile shells in addition to antielectron pulses. In the first series, she never fired shells (which turn out to be critical to the ship's survival in more than one instance).

Yuki is no longer needed in the medical bay, as there is full medical staff on board. There are many more women compared to the original series since now one third of the crew is female, including a pilot and an intelligence officer.

The character Akira Yamamoto is made into a woman, and has a much larger role in this part of the story.

We see much more of Gamilas society. Many of its leaders are shown sympathetically to be family men more worried about their children than war. People conquered by Gamilas serve as second-class citizens, and are often looked down upon by Gamilas.

The Gamilas military and Dessler are much more obvious Nazi figures than before. Their clothing is similar to Nazi dress field uniforms, they wear a logo on their neck that looks like the SS lightning bolts and the names of all of the admirals and generals are distinctly German-sounding, like Ditz, Goer, Hiss, Dommel and Shultz; most of whom are allegories of the top military officers of Nazi Germany. (Despite this, in one sense the Gamilas do still reflect Americans. The military platoon made up of Zaltzi volunteers, second class citizens of the Gamilas, is still called the 442nd Special Operations platoon, a reference to the US Army's heavily decorated 442nd Infantry Regiment during World War II, made up of Japanese volunteers.)

The suicide run of Mamoru Kodai's command, Yukikaze, occurs for a different motive - to cover the retreat of Okita rather than being unable to bear the shame of defeat as in the original. This was the motive given in the Star Blazers dub, and also used in the 2010 Live Action film.

After surviving the Battle of Pluto and being taken prisoner, Mamoru Kodai crash-landed on Iscandar and was rescued by Starsha. In the original series, she nursed him back to health; the two fell in love, and he remained with her on Iscandar to rebuild its population. In 2199, he died before the Yamato arrived, leaving a recorded message.

While the Yamato has an all-Japanese crew, she flies as a United Nations ship. The United Nations logo is seen on the vessel and Okita talks to United Nations officials via long range communication, not officials in Japan.

In the early episodes of the original 1974 series, Gamilas characters had caucasian skintones. Dessler also had a more yellowish skintone in early appearances. This abruptly changed after episode ten when all Gamilas characters were given a blue skin tone to make them more alien in appearance. The discrepancy remains unexplained. In the 2199 series, the difference is justified by establishing caucasian Gamilas characters such as Shulz, Ganz, and the commander of the Jupiter floating continent as Zaltzi, a subject race of Gamilas (blue skinned members being of the Imperial race). This also effectively establishes Gamilas as an interstellar empire that absorbs other races into its culture.

The Gamilas Empire is shown using a number of robotic soldiers, another nod to the Star Blazers dub, which needed to justify the enemy soldiers being shot at in order to make the original series less violent.

Hats off to you, my friend. I don't have the patience to time to type all that. All true though. I missed the part about the Zaltzi volunteers being called the 442nd. Nice touch there.