Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
NoZoupForYou

Aigle T6 French DD Review - No Longer a WiP and for me, a Must Buy

32 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

2,157
[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
1,426 posts
4,720 battles

15+ km range and generous fire chance makes this gun boat a terror that can compete at all tiers.  Above all, a lot of fun can be had in her.  In light of the Cossack issues (which will hopefully be fixed) I think she is definitely worth a look by DD players.

 

 

  • Cool 6
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,555
[-K-]
WoWS Wiki Editor, Members, Supertester, WoWS Community Contributors
4,672 posts
15,162 battles

Cool!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
282
[POP]
Members
838 posts
9,465 battles

wow, thank Zoup.

I watched the video and the whole time I was wishing this was the T-61.

Zoup says "must buy!"   Definitely excited to see it in action!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,307
[CRMSN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,344 posts
3,558 battles

As a french quebecer, its not Aig - la 

 

Its Aig - le 

Like "Le Devoir"  -  the homework 

 

Le bonhomme Monsieur Zoup (Aig - Le) 

Not

La bonhomme Monsieur Zoup (Aig - La)

 

When you say it quickly, there is almost no seperation between Aig and Le 

 

Aigla would be Old Occitan, just switch the end of your pronunciation from LA to LE and you go it. 

 

Besides that, good showcase! Thx @NoZoupForYou

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,157
[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
1,426 posts
4,720 battles
4 minutes ago, Gerbertz said:

wow, thank Zoup.

I watched the video and the whole time I was wishing this was the T-61.

Zoup says "must buy!"   Definitely excited to see it in action!

I know right...  T-61 is going to be fun as well when it comes out.

A lot of pretty decent DDs coming.  A lot of Meh DDs coming.  A lot of DDs coming in general :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,157
[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
1,426 posts
4,720 battles
1 minute ago, Cobraclutch said:

As a french quebecer, its not Aig - la 

 

Its Aig - le 

Like "Le Devoir"  -  the homework 

 

Le bonhomme Monsieur Zoup (Aig - Le) 

Not

La bonhomme Monsieur Zoup (Aig - La)

 

When you say it quickly, there is almost no seperation between Aig and Le 

 

Aigla would be Old Occitan 

 

Besides that, good showcase! Thx @NoZoupForYou

 

Sorry...

I had in fact listened to some Youtube prnounications.  Those are hit or miss as far as how correct they are.  

I graduated HS with a C in French, if that gives you any indication of my abilities with the language.  Far better at Spanish pronunciations. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,307
[CRMSN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,344 posts
3,558 battles
Just now, NoZoupForYou said:

Sorry...

I had in fact listened to some Youtube prnounications.  Those are hit or miss as far as how correct they are.  

I graduated HS with a C in French, if that gives you any indication of my abilities with the language.  Far better at Spanish pronunciations. 

Don't apologize, you actually did it pretty well. I can see how you would get Aig - La, some of the pronunciations sound a bit off on youtube. 

 

Just switch La for le

 

L'aig le

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,157
[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
1,426 posts
4,720 battles
33 minutes ago, Cobraclutch said:

Don't apologize, you actually did it pretty well. I can see how you would get Aig - La, some of the pronunciations sound a bit off on youtube. 

 

Just switch La for le

 

L'aig le

 

 

Its a very soft e...  close to ay but not quite.  Sounds like the L is pretty dominant compared to the e.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
662
[USCC2]
Members
3,420 posts

Interested to see the changes, nowadays I will often copy info on WiP DDs just to see how they nerf them to bring the damage down.

 

The Aigle appeared a little cumbersome in previous reviews, so the fact they may have improved her peaks the interest. 

 

Will take another look - thank you. :Smile_honoring:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,708
[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles

Thanks Zoup, appreciate the video! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,078
[SIM]
Members
2,429 posts
4,060 battles

Looks interesting, though I prefer torpedo boats to gun boats. We’ll see if she can bring me around to loving the pew-pew.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,157
[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
1,426 posts
4,720 battles
2 hours ago, SkaerKrow said:

Looks interesting, though I prefer torpedo boats to gun boats. We’ll see if she can bring me around to loving the pew-pew.

Yeah... def not a torp boat the way it is now...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
232
[T-RIP]
[T-RIP]
Members
1,043 posts
8,052 battles
3 hours ago, Gerbertz said:

I watched the video and the whole time I was wishing this was the T-61.

Yeah me too... one day lol

 

Anyway, thanks Zoup! great video as always. =)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18
[1IF]
Members
69 posts
2,553 battles

I'm so bad at driving DDs, I can't even make a Kamikaze work.  With that kind of gun range...maybe.  Might be a fun boat once I start investing more play time into DDs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
285
[OPG3]
Beta Testers
1,180 posts
7,846 battles
2 hours ago, Slimeball91 said:

Looks like the long range guns are going to hurt as much, or more than help.

I agree, the arcs on the shells seemed very US like so I'm not sure you will be able to reliably hit much at 15 km. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,157
[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
1,426 posts
4,720 battles
8 minutes ago, KyourakuShunsui said:

I agree, the arcs on the shells seemed very US like so I'm not sure you will be able to reliably hit much at 15 km. 

You gotta remember that the BBs in T5-7 are going to be nice and slow...  especially USN BBs.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
285
[OPG3]
Beta Testers
1,180 posts
7,846 battles
4 minutes ago, NoZoupForYou said:

You gotta remember that the BBs in T5-7 are going to be nice and slow...  especially USN BBs.  

Even Soviet DDS can have issues hitting BBs at max range. Trying to hit a BB at 15 km with that ship I think is just going to be so hit or miss. Not to say it is a bad ship, but me personally, I've never been a fan of the high shell arcs and this seems to be like that. I will probably still buy it, but not sure it would become my goto T6 DD.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
415
[MIA-A]
[MIA-A]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,977 posts
7,643 battles

I just hope that French DDs are similar to this and this is not another case of WG releasing an overpowered ship that's totally better than the tech tree ships that are released afterwards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,360 posts
3,915 battles

I watched the video - did you see the moon shots on those shell arcs? It was like I was having some out-of-body experience where a French destroyer became an Atlanta. I'm REAAAALLLLY iffy on floaty guns. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
430
[RKN]
Members
1,424 posts
11,746 battles

I think AFT is a must skip on this bote but she looks a lot like a French farragut and I am 100% ok with this. She will be great in scenarios and my De Grasse/Le Gal captain will fit perfectly in her. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,315
[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,465 posts
6,648 battles
3 hours ago, NoZoupForYou said:

Yeah... def not a torp boat the way it is now...

 

7 hours ago, NoZoupForYou said:

15+ km range

Wiki states it has 12.8 km range, (still good by itself) I assume you mean with captain's skills and modules, as you say in your video, with AFT?

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Aigle

Assuming these are release stats. While the 7.74  base concealment is not especially good, is it? (comparing to other tier 6s, it seems fairly standard, Farragut has 7.56 base concealment)

The one stat that stands out, that is quite remarkable for a ship of her tier, is the 17 000 hp pool. Farragut 10 900.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
130
[LEGIT]
[LEGIT]
Members
421 posts
18,299 battles

I want the French DD the Massachusettes sank! Then I can get revenge on the Yankee Scum!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
285
[OPG3]
Beta Testers
1,180 posts
7,846 battles
27 minutes ago, NotoriousRNG said:

I think AFT is a must skip on this bote but she looks a lot like a French farragut and I am 100% ok with this. She will be great in scenarios and my De Grasse/Le Gal captain will fit perfectly in her. 

Yeah, I agree. The arcs just seem to be way too floatly for AFT. And LWM's review is up now. She slammed it much harder than Zoup does. I will still probably buy this, as it is the only French DD for a while, but with the ship the way it is now, it will probably be less played (for me) than something like the Gallant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×