You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
xLeadSledx

NOOBS with GOLD

124 comments in this topic

[BB22]
Members
157 posts
20,110 battles

Why is it that the tier 10 games seem to have the most inexperienced players (NOOBS). They seem to have no idea what a team game. I have never seem so many players run away , are people unaware that this is a WAR game and make tier 5-7 the best tiers to play and ever tier 1 has better games. Just because these players have a tier 10 they think it will make them better but only ruin the game for players that earned their experience and not paid for it. Maybe 1 out of ten tier 10 games are with players that know how to play.  I know I am not the only one that feels this way and just need to see how many Team Killers are in each of these games to know they are noobs with gold. WG needs to find a way to make exp part of the MM because it does not seem to have any impact at all.

Edited by xLeadSledx
  • Funny 3
  • Bad 7

[-BRS-]
Members
1,602 posts
13,166 battles

Yeah I don't play tier 10 much that used to be the best players but no longer and it's hard to enjoy it

[TBOW]
Members
1,175 posts
10,410 battles

Sounds like you are feeling the influx of people who used Dubs to convert exp to get the Missouri before she is gone.   I know the feeling.

[ERN]
[ERN]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,101 posts
4,223 battles

It doubloons, not gold

Members
659 posts
4,240 battles

Perhaps you could try and improve your own gameplay before you start complaining about the other players?

• Cool 2
  • Funny 3
  • Bad 2
  • Angry 1

[R-F]
Members
664 posts
6,150 battles

OP states everyone is bad at Tier 10, and should go back to tier 5-7

OP is bad at Tier 10

OP should go back to tier 5-7

• Cool 6
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 3

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,268 battles
13 minutes ago, Rocketpacman said:

Perhaps you could try and improve your own gameplay before you start complaining about the other players?

I checked out his stats.  And to be fair, he's not really all that bad.  Heck, his WR is over 50%.  

OTOH, I do find it, well, disconcerting that around 6,300 of his battles are in only 3 ships, the KamiR, the Cleveland, and the Konigsberg.  Throw in nearly 1,000 battles in the tier 1 Orlan.  And so on and so on.  Hey, if he enjoys playing them, that's fine.  But at the same time, it does make me a bit wary of his complaints about tier 10 play when he seems to have so relatively few tier 10 battles under his belt.  (Then again, maybe I'm one to talk.  I'm not one of these players who lives and breaths tier 10's after I get them.)

Members
159 posts
17 minutes ago, Rocketpacman said:

17k battle think the op know how to play

4 minutes ago, Brhinosaurus said:

OP is bad at Tier 10

i agree with op, there too many player that does not know how to play and they rush to t10 it ruin the game and fun

[NERO]
Members
3,542 posts

A noob is someone that's new to the game whether they are good at it or not. It's like calling someone a rookie.

Someone that played enough to free XP their way to T10 is not new to the game, even if they are still bad at it. 

The only way someone at T10 is a true "noob" is if they bought their account, which I have definitely seen before (he didn't know what a cyclone was) but I'd imagine is pretty rare. 

If we're going to insult people, let's at least be accurate about it. People T10 that are bad at the game are baddies, not noobs. 

Edited by TTK_Aegis
  • Cool 2

Members
4,441 posts
6,134 battles

Truth is players do not need to know how to play to play. That is how it is. Just deal with it. Never going to change. 

Edited by dmckay

Members
1,688 posts
7,230 battles

The skill level of players in T10 is higher than that of low tier players overall.  OP prefers to hang out in low tiers and use lower quality player base to bolster his own win rate, but when he comes to T10 games it no longer works because players are of higher quality.  

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

Members
411 posts

Division up, scrub. Honestly I've felt the pain of incompetent high-tier players and the best way to negate it is finding comrades who are competent and can help each other out. Decrease the number of smart people on your team, because Random Battles will not change. It really helps. Solo queueing in Tier 10 ships is the easiest way to the psych ward.

[R-F]
Members
664 posts
6,150 battles
Just now, xmadragex said:

i agree with op, there too many player that does not know how to play and they rush to t10 it ruin the game and fun

Lots of people have done tons of games but are bad.  Just looking at the number of battles and deciding that makes someone good or bad is stupid.

The vast majority of OP's battles have been at Tier 5 and 6, where he has a solid win rate and good performance in his favored ships (Kamikaze, Cleveland, Konigsberg, Fuso).  This suggests OP has a good handle on the game at those tiers.

He's also a solid seal clubber, with a 68% win rate in almost 1,000 tier 1 battles boosting his overall stats considerably.

However, at Tier 10, OP has significantly fewer battles, and below average performance.  To be frank OP "doesn't know how to play" at Tier 10.  He's a hypocrite, because he's accusing others of what he himself is guilty of.  If he stuck with it and learned the high tier meta he might boost his performance up to respectable levels, but until he does that he has no basis to complain about "noobs" at the tier.  

• Cool 7
  • Bad 2

Members
2,748 posts
6,229 battles
16 minutes ago, Brhinosaurus said:

OP is bad at Tier 10

I kind of like playing Tier 5-7. Over 5,000 battles guess I'm still a Noob. Oh well.

Members
2,748 posts
6,229 battles
4 minutes ago, KonigstigerVII said:

Solo queueing in Tier 10 ships is the easiest way to the psych ward

Someone come break me out and let me go back to tier 6 please.

[R-F]
Members
664 posts
6,150 battles
1 minute ago, Ghostdog1355 said:

I kind of like playing Tier 5-7. Over 5,000 battles guess I'm still a Noob. Oh well.

Me too.  Things are a little less lethal there.  You can make a mistake or two without a yamato sending you back to port with a single salvo.  

People being critical of others should be prepared to have their own performance judged, is all.  

Members
411 posts
4 minutes ago, Ghostdog1355 said:

Someone come break me out and let me go back to tier 6 please.

I'll help. Love me some Tier 6s. I've got 15 in my port.

[POP]
Members
837 posts
9,459 battles
12 minutes ago, Ghostdog1355 said:

I'm in the same boat.  I played different ships for fun and didn't try to progress to T10.

I will soon be that noob that spent gold on the Big Mo and try and join you guys at the top and earn my anime profile pic.

Members
659 posts
4,240 battles
32 minutes ago, Crucis said:

I checked out his stats.  And to be fair, he's not really all that bad.  Heck, his WR is over 50%.  

OTOH, I do find it, well, disconcerting that around 6,300 of his battles are in only 3 ships, the KamiR, the Cleveland, and the Konigsberg.  Throw in nearly 1,000 battles in the tier 1 Orlan.  And so on and so on.  Hey, if he enjoys playing them, that's fine.  But at the same time, it does make me a bit wary of his complaints about tier 10 play when he seems to have so relatively few tier 10 battles under his belt.  (Then again, maybe I'm one to talk.  I'm not one of these players who lives and breaths tier 10's after I get them.)

He's not bad at mid and low tiers. But he clearly can't achieve even consistently average performance at high tiers. He's below 50% WR at every single tier from 8 on. Instead of recognizing this and working to improve his own gameplay he puts the blames on the other players. It's a terrible attitude. 

31 minutes ago, xmadragex said:

He doesn't though. When you've played hundreds of games in a ship and thousands at a tier and can't even reach 50% WR it's incredible unlikely that the other players are the ones at fault. 

Yes there are too many players that do not know how to play and rush to high tiers and ruin it. He's one of them. I see this attitude a lot at high tiers and in Ranked. Someone will [edited] and moan about the team and how they're sick of losing because of bad teammates who can't play their ships (which of course is often true) but then when you look them up they're little better than the people they're complaining about. Until you can consistently perform you don't have any business whining about other players. 

Edited by Rocketpacman

Members
1,688 posts
7,230 battles

Certain tactics that work in lower tiers will get you murdered at higher tiers.  Playing aggressively early in T5 battleship may help you win battles often, do so in T10 battleship and you will get sunk 9 out of 10 times.  It may feel like your team abandons you, but in reality it’s your own poor judgement and inexperience that got you sunk.

• Cool 1

[BNKR]
Members
674 posts
1,254 battles

I, for one, am trying not to up tier too quickly. I've planted myself in tier 4 for now and am working at it. 

I do have one question for everyone though...I got a few premiums with Santa boxes which are sitting unused. If I take the French Dunquerke into operations to try to reap some of those rewards, will the salt toward me be pretty heavy?  I don't care what people think, but I don't want to ruin their success in completing the operations either. 

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,268 battles
3 minutes ago, Rocketpacman said:

He's not bad at mid and low tiers. But he clearly can't achieve even consistently average performance at high tiers. Instead of recognizing this and working to improve his own gameplay he puts the blames on the other players. It's a terrible attitude. 

He doesn't though. When you've played hundreds of games in a ship and thousands at a tier and can't even reach 50% WR it's incredible unlikely that the other players are the ones at fault. 

Yes there are too many players that do not how to play and rush to high tiers and ruin it. He's one of them. I see this attitude a lot at high tiers and in Ranked. Someone will [edited] and moan about the team and how they're sick of losing because of bad teammates who can't play their ships (which of course is often true) but then when you look them up they're little better than the people they're complaining about. Until you can consistently perform you don't have any business whining about other players. 

Rocket, to be honest, there are plenty of times when the complaints of people about bad team mates are 100% accurate.  Not all the time, maybe not even a majority, but often enough.

I'm often in battles where I see too many players dying ridiculously fast or for thoroughly ridiculous reasons, none of it my fault.  I can't make these people less stupid.  I can try to support them as best I can, but some players are just so bad or so stupid or both, that no amount of support will keep them alive.

I was in such a battle last night where I went to the east side of Estuary with about 3-4 other ships.  And all but one of those 3-4 team mates were total morons.  An Atago drove into the cap by himself where there 3 enemy DDs and perhaps 3 enemy heavies backing them up.  Needless to say that he died quick and dirty.  And there was a DD that went in there before him who died just as stupidly.  There are just too many players who have no sense of situational awareness or desire to play intelligently or cautiously early in battles.  They'll just yolo around the map without a care in the world.  And when they die stupidly, their excuse is always "it's just a game".  So, quite honestly, I get tired of self-righteous people trying to put the blame on me when I call these twits out on their stupidity, trying to say that I should look to myself first.  To heck with that. 

When I see bucketloads of stupid and I'm trying my damnedest to try to get wins, I'm not going to willingly accept blame for having the temerity of not being a unicum.  Because, honestly, when faced with this level of stupidity, quite often I'd rather my team lose than reward these morons with wins.  Maybe that's wrong in your view, but too bad.  it's one reason why my stats aren't as high as perhaps they could be.  But I resent having to carry these idiots on my back and give them wins that they did nothing to deserve. 

I don't get this worked up about people who try to do their best, but just aren't that talented, etc.  I can appreciate the honest effort.  I will admit that sometimes if I'm on a team with too many "honest try hards" and we lose, I may get salty, but I try not to.  I usually try to reserve my saltiness for when I actually see truly stupid play with my own eyes, rather than simply assume it due to my team getting massacred.  But I can't claim that I'm perfect on this.  I'm only human, and frustration does take its toll occasionally.

Back to that Estuary battle last night.  We ended up winning it.  Not because of anything I did, at least not directly.  Luckily we had a handful of pretty good players who'd been working the other side of the map, who kicked and scratched and clawed their way back from a big deficit for the win.  I wish I could have helped more, but I was in a DD and was completely overwhelmed in the east after my moronic nearby team mates got themselves wasted, and I was left to run for my life from those 3 enemy DDs, who eventually hunted me down despite my best efforts to escape.  At least I kept them occupied for a good long while, rather than just yoloing into them.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
3,803 posts
4,224 battles
43 minutes ago, Crucis said:

OTOH, I do find it, well, disconcerting that around 6,300 of his battles are in only 3 ships, the KamiR, the Cleveland, and the Konigsberg.  Throw in nearly 1,000 battles in the tier 1 Orlan.  And so on and so on.  Hey, if he enjoys playing them, that's fine.  But at the same time, it does make me a bit wary of his complaints about tier 10 play when he seems to have so relatively few tier 10 battles under his belt.

This was exactly what I looked at, and a pretty good comparative analysis of what he's saying versus how much experience he has at those tiers. Sure, this guy has 16k battles, but more than 50% of them are in mid-tier ships, and less than 20% are at Tier X.

Spoiler

This is how argumentation works: not by saying, "You're completely WRONG," or "you're a GD elitist" or "you're just rubbing salt in my wounds." Those are petty complaints.

Take a look at the evidence, draw conclusions based on that evidence, cite the evidence, and then leave it open to interpretation instead of making it a moral imperative that people agree with you.
This is how you maximize ethospathos, and logos.

[H-W-C]
Members
1,258 posts
3,306 battles
3 minutes ago, BullpupWOT said:

I do have one question for everyone though...I got a few premiums with Santa boxes which are sitting unused. If I take the French Dunquerke into operations to try to reap some of those rewards, will the salt toward me be pretty heavy?  I don't care what people think, but I don't want to ruin their success in completing the operations either. 

Team damage is disabled in operations.

Bots are pretty easy to sink if you don't yolo.

Shouldn't be bad as long as you read up on whatever the current operation is and follow your teammates.