You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Chaos_EN2

When is Rains in pours

16 comments in this topic

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles

:Smile_izmena:Well this year is not going good for my wife and I, first our truck quit/died on us  and we had to break into our savings, for a new/used vehicle, now the furnace quit working this morning and has to be replaced for $2900.00, if it was not for this game, I would pull my hair out.:Smile_izmena:

We are going to be sitting on the edge of broke, please life no more let us have our normal lifes back! 

Edited by Chaos_EN2
  • Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,322 posts
9,387 battles

I run off electric baseboards. 

Got tired of relying on the varying competence of the service folks, and the availability of parts from suppliers that vanish after 3 years.  In one case they would only sell parts to an authorized repair service.

Baseboards are more expensive...  and yet cheaper and simpler.  Most important is that it's something I can control and replace myself.

Harsh weather is always the death of vehicles.  Need to treat them much more gently and warm that engine up longer in the winter.  Minimize use as each cold-weather start takes a month off the life of that engine.  Better/safer to stay home.

And keep an eye on the temps as those falling blocks of slush that litter the road turn into granite when the temp drops to 10 degrees F.  One thinks it's just snow/ice, but at very low temperatures, just envision all that stuff as dirt road gravel as you drive through it....   S.l.o.w... d.o.w.n...

I know this isn't helping you now..  but next year...  you can be prepared.

Alpha Tester
4,610 posts
2,400 battles

Your life is sounding like a country song.

• Funny 1

[-BRS-]
Members
1,601 posts
13,152 battles

that actually is a pretty fair price for a new furnace but I do hate an unexpected expense

Edited by silverdahc

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles
38 minutes ago, AVR_Project said:

I know this isn't helping you now..  but next year...  you can be prepared.

26 minutes ago, 1Sherman said:

Your life is sounding like a country song.

Yes it does:Smile_teethhappy::Smile_facepalm:

16 minutes ago, AspiringCodger said:

That sucks, Chaos.  Maybe you need to change your name.  

I been Chaos since the middle 1980s not going to change it now, I got from when I played 40K.:Smile_smile:

2 minutes ago, silverdahc said:

that actually is a pretty fair price for a new furnace but I do hate an unexpected expense

1st thank you for your replies, the old one is out (been in since 1996) and the new one is on its way.  Just wish something good would happen for a change, it just seem like 2018 is going to be a bad year for my family.

[-K-]
WoWS Wiki Editor, Members, Supertester, WoWS Community Contributors
4,668 posts
15,160 battles

Certainly frustrating...  sorry to hear!

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles
20 minutes ago, Lord_Zath said:

Certainly frustrating...  sorry to hear!

Thanks Zath

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,780 posts
14,775 battles
2 hours ago, Chaos_EN2 said:

We are going to be sitting on the edge of broke, please life no more let us have our normal lifes back! 

This is, of course, the day that WoW will release your favorite ship as a "one time, never to be repeated" premium on sale until 48 hours before you get paid.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles
55 minutes ago, Umikami said:

This is, of course, the day that WoW will release your favorite ship as a "one time, never to be repeated" premium on sale until 48 hours before you get paid.

Well of course LoL, but no more premium ship or premium time for a long while. And no MOEKA CHINA!!!

Edited by Chaos_EN2

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles

Well the new furnace is here, thank goodness!

[PSP]
Members
6,037 posts
8,580 battles

I feel your pain.

We had a big storm here, that took out 1800 electrical poles. No sooner than I'd cut all the broken limbs from that storm and hauled them away, we got 6" of rain in a couple of hours, which flooded the basement. I got that cleaned up but the next day the basement flooded again? What the heck? A sewer pipe had frozen and burst. I got that cleaned up but he next day the basement flooded again. Oh, come on! The bottom of the dishwasher had rusted through, releasing the water intake hose, which had been running all night. I got that mess cleaned up and installed a new dishwasher.

Then, believe it or not, the basement flooded again! Now this is getting totally ridiculous! The hot water heater's bottom had rusted out and dumped its water all over the place. I installed a new hot water heater. Well, I did build the place in 1979 so all the  things had seen a good long life. Then, the AC went out. Well, when it rains it pours but since I'm spending all my money I'll get it replaced. I couldn't do this myself so I called a service crew. They got the AC installed OK but then the day after they left the basement flooded again! One of their techs had forgotten to hook up the condensate pump. In fact, my condensate pump was nowhere to be seen. I bought a new pump and routed the condensate hose into a sewer line with a one-way valve because it has to be pumped up into the sewer.

What a string of events. I do like having a basement in this land where tornadoes occur periodically but they sure are a mess when it comes to water leaks. Oh, yes, and I dug a 200 foot ditch all around the house and put in a French drain too. We don't have a huge drop from the house to the street but it's enough to let the drain function. We got a 3 inch rain after that and it seems to work OK. The problem was that I got carpal tunnel syndrome from all that digging and couldn't play WOWS for three weeks because I couldn't even click a mouse.

Oh, then we had a hailstorm and I had to re-shingle a substantial amount of the roof.  Then it hailed again, and this was a major hailstorm that took out everyone's crops and turned my trees into sticks. This time we hired a crew to shingle the roof as the insurance was paying for it anyway and, at 60, I'm getting too old to shingle an entire roof by myself like I used to in my younger days. I replaced the broken windows myself though.

All this happened last spring and summer. This winter I'm enjoying taking it easy. 

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles

Well the new new furnace is in, the 2900.00 was also for the labor and he cleaned off the A/C Coils as well, had to re-pipe some of the intake and exhaust piping. 

It still hurts the old wallet, but at least it warm again thanks to Ruud Weatherking and Chris, who I found live only a block away from me, so at least know where to go for help.

Thanks for letting me vent, it still sucks I am not going to able to get the stuff I had planned for the game, but the house has to come 1st. I am going to go get my 1st chest of the day, maybe my luck will change and I will get a SC!

Edited by Chaos_EN2

[VOP]
Members
329 posts
6,760 battles

Hi Chaos,

I hope things are going better!  I know and feel your pain as well. The hubby and I built a 40 ft bridge over the backyard creek this past summer,  Worked from early May to the end of September. Spent most of the savings I needed for a replacement vehicle. We had the furnace and AC inspected like we usually do in the fall, they found cracks in the igniter area...hence needs replaced. I still need a vehicle but elected to repair it for now. Got that fixed after Christmas, but the vehicle sat due the family getting the flu...went to go drive the vehicle this past week and both calipers hard locked on me and my front brake job got fried...poor car repair guy had to redo my whole front brake job...soo I know how your doing!

Regards,

USMCGal

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles
On 1/26/2018 at 7:42 AM, USMCGal said:

they found cracks in the igniter area...hence needs replaced

This is what happen with our furnace as well.

On 1/26/2018 at 7:42 AM, USMCGal said:

soo I know how your doing!

Well a little better, we got my W2 so the return will help. But it will still be trying to make each dollar stretch. And I sorry to hear about your troubles, I hope it get better for you and your family as well.